Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
The sad first month of the Islamic calendar during which the family of the Holy Prophet were faced with a great ordeal and tragedy.
By Hussaini
For the first time in my life, I have mourned ashoora far from home, this year, fortunately or unfortunately I mourned the ashoora in Arlington, VA in USA

What to say, nothing beats the azaddari of Tanzania which I have seen and participated for twenty years or so.

Ashoora in US for me was very different, to me it really didn’t feel like ashora but never the less we did the amals and azadari. To me it really hurt to see that ashoora day felt like any other day of the year.

Wondering what will happen to this day 25-30 years from now.

Your comments and similar experience are welcome
By Yas
Same here. Although atleast up here in Glasgow, (Scotland), we have a small community centre where shias meet up, so its not as bad. Really miss the azadari huh. :cry: Though I do manage to catch up with the majalis thanks to dartabligh and lots of stuff and regular updates on Ask!
By Mohdkazim
same here, this is my second year outside Tanzania, here in Stanmore is good but you cannot compare with Tanzania
By Yas
oh yeah, Stanmore is quite active! They had Sh. Hasnain Rajabali for chehlum last year, and Syed Modarresi's lectures this year in the ELC are really good. True, nothing matches dar.
By Mohdkazim
Yes ur right stanmore is active, and also this time Syed Mudarrari in the ELC was amazing or to say is amazing :lol: as tomorrow is the last lecture.
By Aliyah
Salaam alaykum,

Well... I think that you all are giving sacrifices in a way being away from home. As your target out there is to acheive your goal. Best of luck to all of you.

Shukran
Aliyah
By Mohdkazim
Thank you very much, Aliya
By Aliyah
S/A

You are welcome indeed. dear brother.

This might be one of the most famous images of Dr.[…]

The building had been dubbed building “Mande[…]

IMAM SADIQ (A.S) & HIS COMPREHENSIVE ROLE I […]

Rajab

THE MONTH OF RAJAB - AN OPPORTUNITY FOR PURIFICATI[…]