Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
The sad first month of the Islamic calendar during which the family of the Holy Prophet were faced with a great ordeal and tragedy.
Salaam Alaykum

Last Muharram, a group of youths ventured to put up small tabligh desks throughout the entire route of the Bilal and Khoja Julooses.

The basic idea was to provide to the general public whose curiousity would be aroused by the juloos/procession to seek for more information on what this 'protest' was all about.

The tables were manned by young men of our community together with some learned maalims to answer questions from the public and spread the message of Imam Hussain.

Every time someone came and asked a question, the reply would start a small Majlis on all the injustices that our Mazloom Imam had to face.

This Muharram once again, the Youths have embarked on this project. The preliminary meeting was held last week and the engine has started.

We need every youth who is willing and able to sacrifice some time for the sake of Imam Hussain to come forward and join the group.

This time, we will be having some additional activities as well, which shall be discussed by the group during the upcoming meetings.

For those interested, there will be a meeting of the group for discussion every day starting from 1st Muharram (EDIT: 10 February) from 5:30pm onwards till Maghrib time at the Gents Imambargha of Shia Ithna Asheri Mosque. Everyone (MEN only) is welcome to attend. We will have some aalims present who will be answering questions and helping plan out the strategy.

It would also be very pleasing if the ladies in this forum can also form a group who would be willing to meet everyday, and we can arrange for some aalims to address them and answer their questions. (This is just a vague idea that just came up while I was typing...so let me know what you all think). What is deifnite is that we should be doing something.
Last edited by abuali on 01 Feb 2005, 23:55, edited 1 time in total.
By Sajida
Salaams hasin..just to correct you..1st muharram is 10th february..hehe
Yes it would be a nice idea to have this organised for the ladies if we get support from everyone then only the plans can be made..
By Aliyah
Assalamun alykum

Thats a very nice move to develop the youths of our community mentally and spiritually. Well as we know that Islam is the religion which has a reason behind each thing and why we carry out juloos must have a reason too! I hope it turns out to be successful Inshallah!!! I will convience my brothers to attend. Thanks for letting us know.

Thanking you
May God bless you all
Aliyah Moorji
By Yas
Just to add a few words here; This is a really impressive move initiated last year by several of the youth - truth be told, it's high time we had something like this. I recall speaking to several people during the procession (yeah, was lucky enough to be part of the team!).. and the feedback from the public was very encouraging. Some people told me that they would turn up year after year to watch the procession without having NO IDEA what it was about - no clue at all. So it is indeed an excellent idea because it first off educates the general public, and secondly it clears any preconcieved misconceptions about Kerbala and Islam in general. At the same time, we need to always keep in mind that what may be a great opportunity, ironically, it may be a drawback if the youth aren't capable enough to confront issues raised by the public. Nonetheless, all credit be due to the team, they are backed up by a team of educated people and trained well. Insh it will be a highly productive organization. Oh yeah, I'd like to highly recommend this to young men on the forum - it is a great activity to be part of.

Tc.
By abuali
Thank you all for your kind and encouraging words.

We have already started the meetings and the group discussions.

A reminder to all the youths who are interested to attend the group discussions, there is NO REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS nor ANY REQUIREMENT TO TAKE PART IN THE ACTUAL ACTIVITY DURING JULOOS.

ALl those who just wish to attend the group discussions without having to volunteer in the actual activity ARE MOST WELCOME.

We meet every day at 5:30pm at the Gents Imambargah. The discussions continue till the time of Maghrib.

ALL ARE MOST WELCOME AND ENCOURAGED TO ATTEND
[KSIJDar]

https://cdn4.cdn-telegram.org/file/GmwOqEIhHdKrt9[…]

🙏🏻"O God, make death Ma'nas and Ma'laf for us[…]

[KSIJDar]

https://cdn4.cdn-telegram.org/file/qfz96kWDEnDGEO[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline