Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
The sad first month of the Islamic calendar during which the family of the Holy Prophet were faced with a great ordeal and tragedy.
By Muhammad
HIJAB HIJAB HIJAB....
y do u even ATTEND majalises if u cant get the concept of hijab???that means U CANT N WONT DO THE "E" OF ENOUGH OF WHAT U SAID U DO!
if volunteerin is part of the E then Y ASRAF?
if making sherbat is part of the E Y Asraf?
if holdin majalises is part of the E Y NT RESPECT OF HIJAB
if shedding tears is part of E Y NO RESPECT OF HIJAB?
By kulsham
@ sis Tayyaba- if women will be allowed to join juloos, the total estimated time for the juloos to occure till the end might be 6 hours... it will be a huge queue..
By kulsham
@ (V)$

so Juloos for women CANCELLED.
By Muhammad
i wil requote myself..."no point in arguing..it wont take place anyway" (rephrased)
By kulsham
(V)$

is that a statement or you agreeing on what i have been saying?
By xx_atika_xx
It is interesting to see the contradiction of ideas in this forum. Sis.Kulsham, it would be more beneficial if you aired your opinions in the public then solely for my benefit. I also think face-to-face would be a tad bit difficult considering the geographical locations of Dar and Birmingham!

While I am not arguing the fact that Hijab is a primary concern, I still think we as a community can work our way round this issue.

Also, from my personal opinion I dont see Hijab stopping women from going to work, school, university or social occassions (including weddings) where they interact with men.

Why the sudden restriction when it comes to Juloos?

Seminars with the attendance of men and women have been successfully attempted in the past by the Jamaat, and their continued occurence surely attests to the fact that such a gathering can occur. I dont see how the Juloos would be any different.

As for the 'men/boys wont be able to concentrate' issue, a simple lesson can be learnt from the way we pray namaz - i.e. women always pray behind the men to prevent them from not being able to concentrate. I am sure this ideology could be applied in Juloos.

As for Sis.Kulsham's concern for the total time it may take for the whole Juloos - I am sure if women participate, the route can be shortened or changed. If you are concerned for women with children or the elderly, the participation could be done on a voluntary basis/ 'those who can' basis.

I dont think that by conducting the Juloos with women we are trying to copy any Jamat or I dont think the women who want to participate are doing so on a feminist basis.
I am certainly not trying to belittle the current role of women in organizing and participating in the majalsis and day of Ashura, all I am saying is we need to realize that we are doing the Juloos for a purpose, and I dont see why there is an exclusion of women when clearly they can have a great role in promoting this purpose.

I think in the past and certainly in current time, muslims have been gaining the interest of the international mediai for the all the wrong reasons. I think the Juloos would be an instrumental tool in reversing this to gain their attention for all the right ones.
By kulsham
edit
Last edited by kulsham on 01 Mar 2007, 23:43, edited 1 time in total.
By Muhammad Mahdi
What I dont understand is why is it possible to have women do juloos with bilal but not possible for women to do juloos with our own community?
By xx_atika_xx
To Sis.Kulsham

I am sure your viewpoints are quite valid and I am not disregarding them nor have I done so in the previous posts.

Also, when I was comparing Juloos with social occasions e.t.c I was doing so in terms of the opportunity of interaction between men and women that comes with these occasions. Indeed, in context they are completely unrelated and sanctity of Juloos and and the day of Ashura is certainly incomparable.

Since I come from Dar I am quite aware of problems that arise from bringing youths of either sex together. However if one looks at the success of the mixed sex seminars held by the Jamat, I am sure that with precaution and strict pre-requisites we can hold a Juloos for both men and women. Although a Juloos is undoubtley not as easy to manage as a seminar and as it also involves observation by non-muslim men and women, with the right Hijab perhaps we can achieve this.

I must admit I do disagree with your opinion of 'somethings never change'. You are ofcourse entitled to your own opinion but I am of the opinion that things never change because nobody has changed them.

Br.Muhammed Mahdi has indeed pointed out the inevitable question. If a Juloos with women can be held so successfully by the Bilal Muslim Association then surely our Jamaat could attempt to do the same.
By Muhammad Mahdi
Br.Muhammed Mahdi has indeed pointed out the inevitable question. If a Juloos with women can be held so successfully by the Bilal Muslim Association then surely our Jamaat could attempt to do the same.
not me, Mazhar pointed it out.
Mazhar wrote: Jus wondering y is goin for juloos with bilal ok and not with our own community?
By kulsham
Muhammad Mahdi wrote:What I dont understand is why is it possible to have women do juloos with bilal but not possible for women to do juloos with our own community?
no idea.
By Mazhar
hasin hello????
Ok lemme try to understand in the first instance you said "I am personally totally up for it.........."
then you agreed with kulsham who said"it is better women should not take part in juloos.... they should sit at home n watch the live telecast. THATS IT. Period. (end of )"

Now i know i am not an english language professor but cmon man ...i do however agree that u r not totallyy against it because of the use of the term "better"(trying to cover ur defenses mate...)but you do contradict ur first post where you said you are totally up for it

https://youtu.be/-3CI0FBr5ss?si=UNYS9HXtS24Gbr-P

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 7

*Dua for Day 7 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom)

Short Tafsir on Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom) - Part […]

Ramadan Daily Duas - Day 6

*Dua for Day 6 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline