Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
The sad first month of the Islamic calendar during which the family of the Holy Prophet were faced with a great ordeal and tragedy.
By Muhammad Mahdi
Mazhar wrote:Well put sis atika
As for those who think ladies should sit at home n watch it on tv could u pls give a reason?
they might break a nail :lol:
By Tayyaba
I agree with you sis Atika.
By kulsham
^^ it is not important for women to take part in juloos... what men are doing is more than enough and we should pray for they safetyness during juloos....
to join juloos and walk all the way till mosque, shida ya nini?

what we are doing is more than enough and we should say alhamdulillah. finito.
By kulsham
Muhammad Mahdi wrote:
Mazhar wrote:Well put sis atika
As for those who think ladies should sit at home n watch it on tv could u pls give a reason?
they might break a nail :lol:
lol
Last edited by kulsham on 02 Mar 2007, 00:09, edited 1 time in total.
By xx_atika_xx
kulsham wrote:^^ it is not important for women to take part in juloos... what men are doing is more than enough and we should pray for they safetyness during juloos....
to join juloos and walk all the way till mosque, shida ya nini?

what we are doing is more than enough and we should say alhamdulillah. finito.

Sis. Kulsham, why do you think it is not important for women to take part in the Juloos?

Also, you mention 'what we are doing is more than enough'.....would you kindly explain that.

Anyone else who might have a contrary view on women's participation in the Juloos?
By xx_atika_xx
hasin wrote:I am personally totally up for it and will support it as long as it is serving the purpose of getting the message of Imam Hussain out there.

And I am quite optimistic as well; I have seen the Bilal juloos...in which both gents and ladies participate, and judging by the numbers, the ladies turnout was greater than the gents turnout...and it was very well organized and went wmoothly without a hitch. (the bilal juloos takes place during the day and takes a much longer route)

Whenever there is a change to be made, it is members of that particular group that can actually make it happen. In this case its the ladies themselves.

The wise approach would be to gather together as many ladies as possible, who are of the same opinion, especially elder ladies who have significant influence in the ladies section. ...
hasin wrote:
it is better women should not take part in juloos.... they should sit at home n watch the live telecast. THATS IT. Period. (end of )
Seconded!

And just to add...more men should take part!

Br.Hasin, a contradiction of thoughts there. May I ask why the change in the opinion?
By Muhammad
In His Name The Most High
i shudder to think what we wil have to face on the day of judgement when we are asked WHAT HAVE WE GIVEN FOR ISLAM???
some of the above people say they have done enough....i dont see no person in present era in our community who has done the E of ENOUGH...
it is amazing to see other peoples mentality about the whole issue.
one point of view
the men itself dont do it properly..tell me on azadars! how many of us reply and perform the matam???WHERE IS OUR UNITY??? i myself see many people TALKIN during Juloos let alont just keeping quite and not replyin the COMMON nauhas..what impression does this give????

the other angle
if i would be a female..i would fight for my right of participating in juloos...WHY cant i particiate? WHY shouldnt the BOYS who just want to have a glance at girls be banished from coming to Juloos...WHY should I suffer cause of HIM? i dont knw..but if the ladies follow the footsteps of Bibi Zainab(AS) they would speak out!!! you wont be able to blame THE JULOOS COMMITEE on the day of judgement for it!

OH MUSLIMS!AWAKE AWAKE!!! UNITE UNITE!!!
"Today, world peace is such that all countires are under the political influence of the superpowers; they observe a control eveerywhere and have schemes for defeating every group. the most important of these is sowing DISCORD among brothers" Imam Khomeini

I am not optimistic about any changes in any juloos procession..seeing that Br Shabbirh's soo many articles with soo many references couldnt awaken anyone of us...i dont see how any other persons can do so
By Tayyaba
i have watched Julus on tv .. and i have seen some brothers using their phone,talking,laughing and DONT even do MATAM i see those lebanese doing matam during the julus and then we say we are giving out Imam Husseins (A.S) message!

and about fighting for ladies getting in the julus we need many girls and we can all go and talk to the julus committie and prolly they will agree.
By kulsham
nice replies.
Last edited by kulsham on 02 Mar 2007, 00:16, edited 1 time in total.
By kulsham
keep it up mashallah.
Last edited by kulsham on 02 Mar 2007, 00:19, edited 1 time in total.
By kulsham
[
No need.
By Tayyaba
Sis kulsham we are not trying to copy the rest of the world!! we are trying to give the msg of Bibi Zainab ... !
By Muhammad
(V)$ wrote: I am not optimistic about any changes in any juloos procession..seeing that Br Shabbirh's soo many articles with soo many references couldnt awaken anyone of us...i dont see how any other persons can do so
By kulsham
edit : i need not to be so serious with internet...
Last edited by kulsham on 26 Feb 2007, 02:43, edited 2 times in total.
By Tayyaba
Yes Kulsham you are right that we have to first light our homes with the message of Bibi Zaynab.

I have talked to so many older ppl in our jamaat regarding ladies julus and the problem why women are not allowed to do julus is mainly because of Hijab, but then thr can be restrictions isnt it?

About doing asraaf and dont have respect for niyaz both men and ladies in our jamaat have!!! ( but we all need to look into ourselves and see if we are one of them and improve)

https://youtu.be/-3CI0FBr5ss?si=UNYS9HXtS24Gbr-P

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 7

*Dua for Day 7 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom)

Short Tafsir on Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom) - Part […]

Ramadan Daily Duas - Day 6

*Dua for Day 6 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline