Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
The sad first month of the Islamic calendar during which the family of the Holy Prophet were faced with a great ordeal and tragedy.
The above are areas of discussions and having various different thoughts unanswered...I personally also query and get confused with so many different vies about the above topic...do we do it for show off?? did our imams do it? is the Holy Quran guiding us on it??

Looking forth to your views!
In His name, the Most High

The main objective of mourning and lamentation during 'Ashura, is to respect the signs and symbols of Religion and remember the suffering of Imam Hussain (a), his companions, and his uprising to defend Islam and prevent the destruction of the religion by Bani Umayyad dynast. These rites must be done in such a way that in addition to serving that purpose, it draws the attention of others to these lofty goals. Also its ritual aspect should be preserved. So those actions which are not understandable for the enemies of Islam and non-Shia Muslims and causes misunderstanding and contempt for the religion must be avoided.

Board of Istifta
Office of Grand Ayatollah Sistani
In the name of the Most-Merciful.

as-Salaamu 'aleykum.

I have an article that digs the truth on regards to Zanjeer and other rituals which is very useful for the youths today concerning the vast exposures of shedding blood, etc.

I have it on pdf and could only email it to those interested. Send me your email on muntazir_j@hotmail.com and I'll fwd it to you.

Keep us in your du'aas.
'aleykum as-Salaam warahmatullah.

You're welcome akhi. I will share more of these articles as I have many in my external harddrive. But try also to do some research on these topics as it might be very useful for the coming generation, insha'Allah.

Also view the fataawas on 'azadari on Islamic Sciences.

Keep us in your du'as.
I have some concerns about the reliability of this article.

The following are the concerns:

1. The author has relied on written works (and therefore ignored oral transmission)

2. I am not too sure if the author knows arabic, and therefore has relied on translations of only parts of written works. He can possibly not have exhausted all the sources if he does not know arabic.

3. Being a non-muslim western scholar, certain mindsets are expected.
Sayyid Saeed Akhtar Rizvi had written an article on the azaadari of Imam Hussain (as) and the different rituals and an analysis of whether such rituals are practicle sunnah or verbal sunnahs of the prophet (pbuh) or Imam's (as).

The article was published in his urdu book 'Karbala Shinasi' which has also been translated into English title 'Understanding Karbala"

https://youtu.be/-3CI0FBr5ss?si=UNYS9HXtS24Gbr-P

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 7

*Dua for Day 7 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom)

Short Tafsir on Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom) - Part […]

Ramadan Daily Duas - Day 6

*Dua for Day 6 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline