Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
The sad first month of the Islamic calendar during which the family of the Holy Prophet were faced with a great ordeal and tragedy.
By kulsham
If Saff is an insult... basi Dar es salaam jamaat lazima wajue
By qarrar
Muhammad Mahdi wrote:Saff is an insult to azadari. I am collecting some info, will post my collections later.
Eagerly awaiting this information.
kulsham wrote:If Saff is an insult... basi Dar es salaam jamaat lazima wajue
What will they do, ban saff matam just because a boy thinks it’s an insult azadari :?:
By Muhammad Mahdi
Not necessarily. There are many things the jamaat does not know about, or if does know does nothing about them. Saff is just another of such issues.
What will they do, ban saff matam just because a boy thinks it’s an insult azadari
In Islam its not important wether its a boy, or a man or a mzee who says something. So long as that person has sufficient proof. As I said, I am collecting some info. Inshallah in abt a weeks time.
By qarrar
Muhammad Mahdi wrote:Not necessarily. There are many things the jamaat does not know about, or if does know does nothing about them. Saff is just another of such issues.
Again I stress on the need for amrabil maaruf, take your solid evidence to the jamaat and resident alim and lobby for an outright ban. The fact that you are not doing it keeps you in the wrong because you are not fulfilling one of your ten religious commandments.
Muhammad Mahdi wrote:In Islam its not important wether its a boy, or a man or a mzee who says something. So long as that person has sufficient proof.
Where did you get that idea from? I’ll explain by way of an example, lets say a non pubescent honest boy sees the moon for the first of the month but no adult does, then in that case it cannot be declared the first of the month however much knowledgeable and honest that boy might be. Same goes with Islamic witnessing, it takes three bearded adult men’s witnessing to prove something not three or even six boys’s witnessing.
By Muhammad Mahdi
Where did you get that idea from? I’ll explain by way of an example, lets say a non pubescent honest boy sees the moon for the first of the month but no adult does, then in that case it cannot be declared the first of the month however much knowledgeable and honest that boy might be. Same goes with Islamic witnessing, it takes three bearded adult men’s witnessing to prove something not three or even six boys’s witnessing.
My mistake. I was supposed to say "In Islam its not important wether its a boy, or a man or a mzee who points out something wrong being done so long as he has sufficeint evidence"
By qarrar
Muhammad Mahdi wrote:"In Islam its not important wether its a boy, or a man or a mzee who points out something wrong being done so long as he has sufficeint evidence"
Partly incorrect, in Islam there is a great deal of stress on mutual respect and tolerance and this must be upheld. Let us not compare ourselves to leaders of the youth of heaven when they the infallibles corrected an old mans wudhu. Even they did not directly approach the man and say your wudhu is incorrect, there was an indirect approach achieving the same result yet keeping the old mans dignity and respect intact.
By kulsham
qarrar wrote:
Muhammad Mahdi wrote:Saff is an insult to azadari. I am collecting some info, will post my collections later.
Eagerly awaiting this information.
What will they do, ban saff matam just because a boy thinks it’s an insult azadari :?:
if Agha Sastani says saff is an insult then we have to follow him.. i think someone should email Agha Sastani with proper info and well explained question....
By kulsham
Muhammad Mahdi wrote:
Not necessarily. There are many things the jamaat does not know about, or if does know does nothing about them. Saff is just another of such issues.
What will they do, ban saff matam just because a boy thinks it’s an insult azadari
In Islam its not important wether its a boy, or a man or a mzee who says something. So long as that person has sufficient proof. As I said, I am collecting some info. Inshallah in abt a weeks time.
actually if we have proper proof with proper explaination then the jamaat HAS to know about it, we can sit and discuss this issue with Dr. Murtadha Alidina..

and clear the doubt inside our heart....

i think saff is to create the JOSH for maatam...
By kulsham
qarrar wrote:
Muhammad Mahdi wrote:"In Islam its not important wether its a boy, or a man or a mzee who points out something wrong being done so long as he has sufficeint evidence"
Partly incorrect, in Islam there is a great deal of stress on mutual respect and tolerance and this must be upheld. Let us not compare ourselves to leaders of the youth of heaven when they the infallibles corrected an old mans wudhu. Even they did not directly approach the man and say your wudhu is incorrect, there was an indirect approach achieving the same result yet keeping the old mans dignity and respect intact.
mashallah.. we got to learn alot....
smak786110 wrote:FIGHT....FIGHT.....Any Cold water needed ???
:P :P :P :P :P :P
and you gona upload a URL image of some cold water here :roll:
By smak786110
and you gona upload a URL image of some cold water here Rolling Eyes
I will send it to all the users via DHL ! :lol:
By qarrar
kulsham wrote:if Agha Sastani says saff is an insult then we have to follow him.. i think someone should email Agha Sastani with proper info and well explained question....
Saf has been performed for generations in our Imam barghas, I am sure the Agha is aware of this and doesn’t have an opinion on it.
By Muhammad Mahdi
qarrar wrote:
Saf has been performed for generations in our Imam barghas,
Our imambarghas only!
By Tayyaba
iranis do saff and i think lebanese as well..!

https://youtu.be/-3CI0FBr5ss?si=UNYS9HXtS24Gbr-P

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 7

*Dua for Day 7 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom)

Short Tafsir on Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom) - Part […]

Ramadan Daily Duas - Day 6

*Dua for Day 6 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline