Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
The sad first month of the Islamic calendar during which the family of the Holy Prophet were faced with a great ordeal and tragedy.
By xx_atika_xx
I strongly recommend the dvd whose clip Br.Qarrar has posted above titled 'Kerbala - When Skies wept blood'.

It is a poignant summary of the events of Kerbala for the muslims and also the non-muslims who wish to know more about it created by a group of UK based youths.

In the UK, it is available from your local tabligh centres. It costs a fiver. For those who are anywhere else, you could try your local tabligh centre to see if they have it or if can order it for you. Or you could try the the redtears website.

A must see!
By kulsham
UKers did that? lol

no comment... i dont know if i will even like whatever it is, i dont want to watch the clips either.
By kulsham
xx_atika_xx wrote:I strongly recommend the dvd whose clip Br.Qarrar has posted above titled 'Kerbala - When Skies wept blood'.

It is a poignant summary of the events of Kerbala for the muslims and also the non-muslims who wish to know more about it created by a group of UK based youths.

In the UK, it is available from your local tabligh centres. It costs a fiver. For those who are anywhere else, you could try your local tabligh centre to see if they have it or if can order it for you. Or you could try the the redtears website.

A must see!
:|
By xx_atika_xx
The dvd is about the message of kerbala. It is told from the beginning to the end by various Sheikhs, Mualllims and Muallimas and it describes all the events that lead to kerbala and the events in kerbala itself. When I was very young, I remember a Maulana saying wherever you are and whoever you are, if you ever hear the tragedy of kerbala being recited by anyone sit down and listen. No matter how many times you listen, it will never be enough. And funny thing is, every year we hear it we learn a new lesson.

Instead of condoning it, let us support the dvd. The youths who have created this have indeed shown their dedication to Imam Hussein (a.s). The one thing in the community and the muslim world at large we lack is media and these youths are trying so hard to create more documentaries and dvds to educate people about Islam. And this is their first project. I can only imagine the hard word, immense dedication and perseverence that has gone into its making.

Let us support them, I think all it takes is an email of praise, buying the dvd or even simply watching it. I can only presume, but one would think that their main aim is for people to watch and reenlighten themselves about the message of Kerbala.

It shouldnt really matter who has made it but the message that comes from it. And it is so beautifully made, that I think the people who have watched it would agree with me in that it is indeed worthy of all the praise it gets.
By qarrar
kulsham wrote:UKers did that? lol... i dont know if i will even like whatever it is, i dont want to watch the clips either.
That’s a bit xenophobic, isn’t it :?:
By kulsham
qarrar wrote:
kulsham wrote:UKers did that? lol... i dont know if i will even like whatever it is, i dont want to watch the clips either.
That’s a bit xenophobic, isn’t it :?:
i was ignorant. i think i should watch the clip and get the DVD.
By Tayyaba
as a saying goes..
''dont see who is saying it,see what he is saying'' ..i hope i got tht correct.!

clips are really nice .. i pray we get it in dar.
By kulsham
i always see who is saying it, pondering what he is saying it... i can be opposite at times.. like i prefer to watch less the Qtv
By Muhammad
yup seen its trailer on Al-itrah as wel...awesome...even nakhshwani is in it :D:D:D
By xx_atika_xx
The dvd can now be ordered online via their website.

They have also put email addresses for various regions including Dar-es-Salaam for those who do not wish/cant purchase it via paypal.
By qarrar
for those who understand arabic, the following link is about Imam Hussein from the ahlul sunnah (sunni) perspective.
By qarrar
Below is a link which was sent to me containing the story of Karbala with illustrations.

http://www.ummah.net/khoei/kerbala/index.htm
By Mazhar
Salam
Saw the entire documentary its pretty good although we do know all the events mentioned it gives a proper sequence to it

https://youtu.be/-3CI0FBr5ss?si=UNYS9HXtS24Gbr-P

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 7

*Dua for Day 7 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom)

Short Tafsir on Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom) - Part […]

Ramadan Daily Duas - Day 6

*Dua for Day 6 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline