Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
The sad first month of the Islamic calendar during which the family of the Holy Prophet were faced with a great ordeal and tragedy.
By qarrar
On the 10th day of Muharram, known as the day of ‘Aashura, in the year 61 A.H. when Imam Abu ‘Abdillahil Hussein (as) came into the tent to bid farewell to his family members, he held the hand of his sick son, Ali ibn al-Hussein (as) and pressed it against his chest. He (as) then said,

“O son ! I am teaching you a dua’ which you should remember. It was taught by angel Jibrail to my grandfather the messenger of Allah who passed it to my mother Fatima. Whenever you have a special need or are faced with any calamity or crises, or are inflicted with any grief or hardship, then recite the following supplication”:

BIHAQQI YASEEN WAL QUR-AANIL ‘HAKEEM

WA BIHAQQI TAA-HAA WAL QUR-AANIL ‘ADHEEM

YAA MAN YAQDIRU ‘ALAA ‘HAWAA-IJIS-SAA-ILEEN

YAA MAN YA’LAMU MAA FID-DHAMEER

YAA MUNAFFISAN ‘ANIL MAKROOBEEN

YAA MUFARRIJAN ‘ANIL MAGHMOOMEEN

YAA RAA-‘HIM AL-SHAYKHIL KABEER

YAA RAAZIQAT TIFLIS-SAGHEER

YAA MAN LAA YAHTAAJU ILAT-TAFSEER

SALLI ‘ALAA MUHAMMADIN WA AALI MUHAMMADIN

WAF-‘AL BEE …….(mention your wishes)

By the truth of Yaseen (a title of the Holy Prophet) and the Quran full of wisdom

And for the sake of Taa-haa (another title of the Holy Prophet) and the great Quran

O he Who is able to fulfil the desires of those ask. O He Who knows what is in the heart. O He Who banishes sorrow from the sorrowful. O He Who dispels grief from those who grieve. O He Who is merciful to old men. O He Who provides for infants. O He Who needs not to be explained. Send blessings upon Muhammad and his progeny and fulfil for me…(mention your wishes)

The above dua’ can be found in Mafateeh al-Jinaan, page no.380

Late Ahmed Hussein Sheriff in his book “Imam Hussein (as), as his words potray”

comments on the above dua’ as thus:

This dua’ in fact is meant to be a lesson to us not to get shaken in faith even under most trying circumstances. The words contained in the dua’ are meant to convey to us that Allah (SWT) is fully aware of what is going on in our hearts. He is capable of dispelling our sorrows and griefs and He is the only One Who can fulfil all our desires. What is required of us is always to have full trust in Him and rely upon Him and Him alone.

He further adds:

As such, we are taught to present our desires and our problems through intermediaries and with the recommendations of the divinely chosen personalities in the persons of Muhammad (saww) and his progeny. We are therefore required to invoke blessings upon Muhammad (saww) and his progeny whilst invoking to Almighty God.
By Tayyaba
Thank you very much Qarrar
By qarrar
A few sayings by Imam Hussein (as)

Don't you see that what is right and true is not acted upon, and what is wrong and false is not forbidden? [In such conditions] the man of faith should long to meet his true Lord!
Bihar al-anwar, vol. 44, p. 381; Tuhaf al-'uqul, p. 176; al-Luhuf, 33; al-Khwarazmi's Maqtal al-Husayn, ii, p. 5.

Death is better than a life saddled with indignity
Ibn Shahr Ashub, al-Manaqib, iv, p. 110; al-Luhuf, p. 50, Bihar al-anwar, vol. 45, p. 50; al-Irbili, Kashf al-ghummah, ii, p. 32

To me death is nothing but felicity, and life with oppressors is nothing but disgrace
Bihar al-anwar, vol. 44, p. 381; Tuhaf al-'uqul, p. 176; al-Luhuf, 33.

The children of Adam carry the mark of death like necklaces that adorn the neck of damsels!
Bihar al-anwar, vol. 44, p. 366; al-Luhuf, p. 25

Indeed, that baseborn son of a baseborn father has left me only two alternatives to choose from: the sword or disgrace. And far from us is disgrace! It is disdainful to God, His Messenger and the faithful that we should yield to anything of that kind, and those born of chaste mothers and high-minded fathers and possessing a lofty sense of honour disdain that submission to vile men should be preferred to honourable death!

https://youtu.be/BjfmEt3HMMg?si=zeJuUdroHU-0rdcM

By Sheikh Safdar Razi Purpose of fasting in islam […]

Ramadan Daily Duas - Day #3

Dua for Day 3 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O ALLAH, o[…]

Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom)

Short Tafsir on Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom) - Part […]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline