Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Everything else that comes under the 'social' banner
By Salilabbas
Everyday several non-believers get married and start a new life,my question revolves around whether or not they are committers of zinah.
Does islam deem the marriage of non-believers valid?If it doesnt then do they get the sin for zinah each time the non-muslim married couple sleeps together?
If islam deems their marriage valid,then can muslims get married in that way?
By abuali
The general understanding about the ahle kitab is that each of them will be judged by their own book. That is Muslims by the Holy Quran, Christians by the Holy Bible and Jews by the Holy Torah.

Allah is Merciful and just. Those who are non-muslims, have certain beliefs about marriage. If they get married according to their beliefs, my opinion is, their marriage is valid, and differs from zinaa...which is without any social institution, an act out of lust.

For a muslim, who has already believed...it would definitely be haraam to get married like that. He has already been given the knowledge...so it has to be used. No other option.

My few cents
By Muntazir Manji
salam alikum.

Although i will not be contributing much, i think i must say it!

Salil abbas, for a muslim, the only way to get married is by way of nikah, anyother method is invalid!

Wassalaam.
By Mohdkazim
I agree with Hasim :D
By Aliyah
Assalamun alaykum

Well.... with my very little knowledge on this issue, i will say that no religion in this universe is more philosophical, true and acceptable like islam is. The only religion which is accepted by God is Islam and no other religion?????? So that explains that whatever other religions do is not accepted by Allah. In the same way their marriages are not valid in the eyes of Allah because they are not performing it in an Islamic way.

May God bless u all
Shukran
k/h
By Tayyaba
OMG.. so u guys mean that all those non-muslims who have got married their marraige is invalid .. yaay.. i don knw .. i feel Allah is most merciful .. coz the ayaa we recite in nikah isnt it the same meanin almost wat the christians vows are?

i feel that their marraige is acceptable.! ..

give ur views bout ma answer plz
By Aliyah
Assalamun alaykum,

As per your question on this issue whether non-muslim marriages are valid or not. As I mentioned before that the only religion which is accepted by Allah in this universe is none other than Islam because it makes sense while other religions are lost and confused. Well as you said that the christians recite their nikah almost the same like we do, actually I really dont know about that so I cant comment but I will say that because they are non-muslims, whatever they do is not acceptable by Allah then whichever way it may be.

Thanking you
May God bless you all
Aliyah
By Mohdkazim
According to me, i would say its valid because they are performing the marriage as they are told to do so by their religion and Allah is all knowing and Seeing.
By creative
I agree with Kazim,
They have been broight up in a way and have witnessed many marriage ceremonies in that particular fashion.
therefore, they are just following the same way that they have been taught - therefore it is not invalid.
Well, those are my thoughts.
Siraj
By Aliyah
Assalamun alaykunah

Well..... I do agree that they have been taught according to their beliefs and I am not disagreeeing with that at all but what I am trying to say is not understood by all of you. I am refering in the deeper sense as in the truth path of this universe. Allah has condemned the christians in the Holy Quuran, Why??? because they are wrong. I am just leaving a thought in your minds to go deeper. In the hereafter they will be questioned.
By creative
BUT there is always the point of people making their own decisions to convert when they are older.
SO...it's all confusing.
Sayyed Sistani says that people who are not Ahlil Kisaa are najis... therefore will their marraiges be allowed...
Another question...more answers...lol
:wink:
By abuali
Alaykum Salaam
Allah has condemned the christians in the Holy Quuran, Why???
Please give references.

And to add to your statement, Allah has also condemned MUSLIMS in the Quran...hasnt he?
As per your question on this issue whether non-muslim marriages are valid or not. As I mentioned before that the only religion which is accepted by Allah in this universe is none other than Islam because it makes sense while other religions are lost and confused. Well as you said that the christians recite their nikah almost the same like we do, actually I really dont know about that so I cant comment but I will say that because they are non-muslims, whatever they do is not acceptable by Allah then whichever way it may be.
The Quran is full of Bismillah Hir Rahman Nir Rahim....In the Name of Allah the MOST BENEFICIENT THE MOST MERCIFUL.

One of the Usool e Deen is that Allah is JUST (ADL)

Since all prophets (all 124,000) were TREU PROPHETS of Allah, including Prophet ISA (AS) and Prophet MUSA (AS), their followers are Ahl-e-Kitab.

There is an ayat in the Quran that mentions [my own understanding of the ayat] that followers of ISA (AS) will be judged by their book and followers of MUSA (AS) will be juded by their book for surely Allah is all JUST. [if someone can quote this particular ayat, I would appreciate it]
whatever they do is not acceptable by Allah then whichever way it may be
I think thats very harsh. I am convinced that their marriages are as valid as Muslim marriages. Islam is a logical way of life.

To make my point clear, let me pose a question: -

If i was born to a mother and father in the middle of Amazon forest, 1000 miles from the next human being, and ...then I survived on fruits and learned a little hunting...lived my life alone, or with a few others who were just as ignorant of themselves and the world around them as me. And I DIED there as well.

Would the MERCIFUL and JUST ALLAH condemn me to HELL because I never acknowledged him?

Or a more practical example, what about a person who is born and dies INSANE...how would Allah judge him?
By Yas
Just to add to Hasin's point, there used to be a teacher of mine who always used an ayat from the Qur'an, and to date it sticks in my mind. I can't remember the reference, but it goes "Wa maa kunna mu'addhibeena hhattaa naba'ata rasoolaa", or something very close to that. In the end, it roughly translates to "we will NOT punish them unless we have sent them a messenger" i.e. just to further the point that if the message has not spread to their vicinity and has not reached them, they cannot be held responsible can they.
By Aliyah
Assalamun alaykum

Well... I am still confused that why should their marriages be valid. All non islamic religions and within Islam also their are sects like sunni, bohora, ismailia,etc. These are all on the wrong path. Whatever good they do in this world, they will get the reward for it in ths world and not in the hereafter because there its just hell for them. The only true religion is Islam and true sect is Shiaism. I think that answers this question that their marriages are also not valid.
By Mohdkazim
ALLAH IS AR HAMUR RAHEEMIN, WE ALL KNOW THAT. ISNT IT!

https://youtu.be/-3CI0FBr5ss?si=UNYS9HXtS24Gbr-P

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 7

*Dua for Day 7 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom)

Short Tafsir on Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom) - Part […]

Ramadan Daily Duas - Day 6

*Dua for Day 6 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline