Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Everything else that comes under the 'social' banner
By abuali
Alaykum Salaam
Whatever good they do in this world, they will get the reward for it in ths world and not in the hereafter because there its just hell for them.
If this were true, then the Quran would have been revealed just for Muslims....Infact not for Muslims...but just for mumineen...

I think that your quote refers to Kafirs. Ahl-e-kitab are by no means kafirs. And Muslims cannot be Kafirs at all since they are Muslims. The Quran, if I am not mistaken, also mentions that there will be those among the ahle kitab as well who will be in heaven and staunch followers....probably better believers than many 'Muslims'

But even if your quote refers to people of any other religion, it by no means guarantees or implies that since they get their reward in this world only, means that their marriage is invalid!!

But we all know thats not true...because the Holy Quran in many ayats addresses 'Ayuhan Nas' and the Holy Prophet is a 'Mercy to the World' as a whole and not only to Muslims or Shias

How can a believer in Musa(AS) be condemned for not performing Nikah in Islamic way when Prophet Musa(AS) never advocated Nikah in that manner. Similarly how can a follower of Nabi Isa(AS) be condemned for not marrying by the institution of Nikah when Nabi Isa(AS) never advocated Nikah in the Islamic manner?

My point is, all that is compulsory in Islam is for Muslims (i.e those who have given shahada/testified that there is One god, Allah (SWT) and that Mohammed (pbuh) is the prophet of Allah). That means, as long as a christian is a christian (and other religions for that matter), not only Nikah but even other actions such as Namaaz and Fasting is not must for them.

It is only when they convert with conviction and accept Islam that all the things that are wajib for Muslims become wajib for them.

I will find some time after Ashura and look up certain ayats of the Holy Quran which will make my point clearer inshallah.

My brother also informed me that he can recall an answer by Aga Seestani which says that a marriage of any non muslim (christian, jew, hind, budhists etc) are all valid as long as they are performed using their beliefs and that the children produced from such marriages are legitimate.

If someone can look this up as well it would certainly help

Allah(SWT) knows best
By abuali
Just came across the follwoing Q&A available at http://al-islam.org/organizations/aalim ... 00705.html

Salamun alaykum,

The reply to the following question was kindly provided by Dr Liyakatali
Takim.

Regards

Abbas Jaffer
Moderator, 'Aalim Network

===========================================================

QUESTION:

Salamualaikum,

Are marriages, say, between two christians or two Jews, considered valid
in Islamic Shariah thereby prohibiting a Muslim from marrying a married
woman from those religions. Please provide evidence from Qur'an and
hadith.

ANSWER:

Salaamun 'alaykum,

Accroding to Islamic law, marriages between Christians or Jews is
considered valid. So one cannot enter into a marital relationship with a
woman who is married according to her faith.

With salaams and du'as

Liyakatali Takim
By kulsham
Very Interesting Topic. I came to learn alot from here. thanks
By Muntazir Manji
Muslims cannot be Kafirs at all since they are Muslims. The Quran, if I am not mistaken, also mentions that there will be those among the ahle kitab as well who will be in heaven and staunch followers
There are certain categories of muslims considered as kafirs, they are najis and marriage with them is not allowed. These are the Ghulat (those who exagerate claims about imam ali (as) that he was incarnation of god, or sumthin like that) and the nasibis who express hatred for the ahlul bait fall under this category. Please refer to the taudhiul masael under the marriage section.

As far as the second part of the quote about the rewards is cocerned, this is true, as allah says in the quran that the christians and the sabeans shall have their reward, please refer to surah al maidah.. if im not mistaken its there, else check the surahs just before and after it.. However, we should understand that there are a category of the ahlul kitab who take jesus as the son of god, and these ones have been described as disbelievers, and disbelievers shall not have a place in paradise, thus, maybe this verse referes to those christaians and sabeans who were the true followers of jesus and moses (as).. ie believed in their prophethood... God knows best!

Well... I am still confused that why should their marriages be valid.
Well, as far as the people of the book are concerned, they follow the marriage formula taught to them by their respective prophets. That could be a reason why their marriages are valid.

As for the sunnis, please dont be so quick in saying that they will have no rewards in the hereafter. For one they are muslims and some of their sects actually express their love and respect for the ahlul bait, they just dont believe in the doctrine of imamat. Without doubt, we the shia ithnaashris are on the right path, but that doesnt mean everyone else will end in hell.. haven and hell are Allahs property, he decides who goes where..

The only religion which is accepted by God is Islam and no other religion?????? So that explains that whatever other religions do is not accepted by Allah. In the same way their marriages are not valid in the eyes of Allah because they are not performing it in an Islamic way.
You will notice that each prophet brought the same message, that is islam. which means submission to the will of God. however, due to the condition of the people,all were given a law corresponding to the requirement and the maturity of the people to understand that law. the Quran directly says that ibrahim (as) was a muslim. However, the law he was given was not as complex as that of Mohammad (saw).. Therefore when we say that the only religion that accepted by allah is islam, we should look at it in its literal sense also. Otherwise we shall fail to understand the stand of some of the staunch followers of other prophets in the past, such as those faithful followers of jesus (eg simon, who is the ancestor of imam mahdi (as) from his mothers side).. the ashabe kahf etc. all of these people were those who submitted themselves to the will of Allah (swt). in other words muslims.

Problems arise when people cook issues, such as god having a son, and a havenly wife or whatever, this is what has been condemned in the quran, because for one it is an insult to Allah's (swt) totally free from need nature, he in no way resembles his creatures, and also it is shirk, a sin that allah does not forgive.

Ok i better stop here, before u all want to look for me in town and shout about such long posts! wassalaam.
sa.. a follow up on the verse i mentioned about christians and sabeans.. its in surah baqarah, ive quoted some other verses as well, coz they're really interesting..

002.062. Those who believe (in the Qur'an), and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Christians and the Sabians,- any who believe in God and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
002.113. The Jews say: "The Christians have naught (to stand) upon; and the Christians say: "The Jews have naught (To stand) upon." Yet they (Profess to) study the (same) Book. Like unto their word is what those say who know not; but God will judge between them in their quarrel on the Day of Judgment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
002.120. Never will the Jews or the Christians be satisfied with thee unless thou follow their form of religion. Say: "The Guidance of God,-that is the (only) Guidance." Wert thou to follow their desires after the knowledge which hath reached thee, then wouldst thou find neither Protector nor helper against God.

002.135. They say: "Become Jews or Christians if ye would be guided (To salvation)." Say thou: "Nay! (I would rather) the Religion of Abraham the True, and he joined not gods with God."

002.140. Or do ye say that Abraham, Isma'il Isaac, Jacob and the Tribes were Jews or Christians? Say: Do ye know better than God? Ah! who is more unjust than those who conceal the testimony they have from God? but God is not unmindful of what ye do!

honestly.. QURAN is just QURAN... no book that knows it all except that!..

wassalaam...
By Muntazir Manji
ok just a little bit mo to top up on the religion of abraham.. im quoting the ayahs, and a few leding points...its up to the readers to go and contemplate on them...

002.130. And who turns away from the religion of Abraham but such as debase their souls with folly? Him We chose and rendered pure in this world: And he will be in the Hereafter in the ranks of the Righteous.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

note that one who turns away from the religion of abraham, will debase his soul with folly.. his soul will be at fault...

002.132. And this was the legacy that Abraham left to his sons, and so did Jacob; "Oh my sons! God hath chosen the Faith for you; then die not except in the Faith of Islam."

Note here that Abraham and his offspring followed the faith of islam.. the faith that God had chosen from them.. the ayah also says that he left that legacy for his sons... Prophet Muhammad was from the lineage of Abraham (and if im not mistaken, so was moses and jesus)... please check that one..
002.133. Were ye witnesses when death appeared before Jacob? Behold, he said to his sons: "What will ye worship after me?" They said: "We shall worship Thy God and the God of thy fathers, of Abraham, Isma'il and Isaac,- the one (True) God: To Him we bow (in Islam)."

Remember islam means submission to the will of Allah (swt).. so the sons bow to god in submission..and that is what we see in the islam that prophet mohammad (sw) brought.. all the laws, require submission to the will of Allah.. be it hijab, namaz etc.. Also note that, Prophet mohammed showed the highest form of submission to the will of Allah (swt).. in all aspects of his life..

003.033. God did choose Adam and Noah, the family of Abraham, and the family of 'Imran above all people,-

Ahan.. so the quran itself testifies to the the high status of these families.. Mohamed and Aal mohamed are infact the family of Abraham..

003.067. Abraham was not a Jew nor yet a Christian; but he was true in Faith, and bowed his will to God's (Which is Islam), and he joined not gods with God.

003.084. Say: "We believe in God, and in what has been revealed to us and what was revealed to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and in (the Books) given to Moses, Jesus, and the prophets, from their Lord: We make no distinction between one and another among them, and to God do we bow our will (in Islam)."

004.125. Who can be better in religion than one who submits his whole self to God, does good, and follows the way of Abraham the true in Faith? For God did take Abraham for a friend.

006.161. Say: "Verily, my Lord hath guided me to a way that is straight,- a religion of right,- the path (trod) by Abraham the true in Faith, and he (certainly) joined not gods with God."

https://youtu.be/-3CI0FBr5ss?si=UNYS9HXtS24Gbr-P

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 7

*Dua for Day 7 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom)

Short Tafsir on Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom) - Part […]

Ramadan Daily Duas - Day 6

*Dua for Day 6 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline