Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Everything else that comes under the 'social' banner
By Insaan
(salam)

I just got an email that disturbed me some. Its the "Graduation Nite" of HUSAYNI Madrasah Boys Section. Apparently gents AND ladies are both invited for the program? WHY? Is this not a mixed gathering? our esteemed Marja-e Taqleed Ayatullah Sistani (May Allah prolong his life) has given several criterion to be met first before it is permissible and acceptable. Is this gathering really going to meet the requirement of being absolutely necessary to have both gents and ladies present???
By qamar
In this program ladies n gents will not sit together. Ladies behind n gents will be at front

If this is objectionable wat wud u say about the real mixed gatherin @ coco beach in mahe Ramadhan that jamaat organized. Definitely madressa is doin it properly
By abuali
justme wrote:I've always wondered why are mixed gatherings not allowed in Islam?
The best way to know the reason is study what happens in a society where people freely mix with each other

There is a famous hadith of the aimmah which says (i am paraphrasing)
Everything that is haraam is because of harm that it has for man and everything wajib has benefit in it for man
By abuali
(salam)

I sent the following question the the office of Ayatullah Sistani:
Salaam Alaykum

Jazakallah for this valuable service.

Is it permissible to hold a gathering where unmarried and married as well as engaged couples sit together on same tables to discuss issues about marriage?

If the answer to the above is no, then Is it permissible if the men and women seat on separate tables but can see each other or should we have a curtain to separate them?

Topics that will be discussed will be about marital issues.

jazakallah
As you notice, my question included details that cover a lot of the mixed gathering activities that are happening including, but not limited to, the marriage seminars and leadership development programs as well as the programs by EEC/Social Services committee as well as Africa federation meetings and more

Here is the answer I received:
بسمه تعالى

اگر خوف وقوع در گناه باشد جايز نيست.

If it is feared that they might fall into a sin, it is not permissible.

May Allah grant you success.

www.sistani.org

Board of Istifta - Office of Grand Ayatollah Sistani
By Insaan
These are photos posted on ECC FB page quite opnely and publicly. As anybody can be able to see them so I doesnt think Ia doing any fitna/fasd in this case. Is this proper hijab frndzz?

https://youtu.be/-3CI0FBr5ss?si=UNYS9HXtS24Gbr-P

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 7

*Dua for Day 7 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom)

Short Tafsir on Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom) - Part […]

Ramadan Daily Duas - Day 6

*Dua for Day 6 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline