Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Everything else that comes under the 'social' banner
By alimohdtaki
Salaams,

So i had gone to a majlis yesterday, and the maulana saw somebody falling asleep as the majlis was going on. So he said that he will try to make it fast, and that he does not look at the watch despite of that fact that there is a lot of watch in that room.

Anyways-it was a long day though-so he said that nowadays people just come to majlis because of the sawaab. In the future there would be a drive through majlises, where people would go on the driveway, get a card punched and collect the sawaab and that's all.

So i was wondering if there was any comments from anybody on this, would love to read it lol.

W/salaam
By abuali
Alaykum Salaam

This may be a bigger-problem then we may realize.

Life has become so fasttracked, that we are actually living it in fast-forward mode.

We spend a lot of time on worldly affairs and by the time we are done with fulfilling our worldly needs, we are mentally and physically exhausted and therefore cannot do anything for our spiritual needs!

If we dont wake up and decide firmly to apportion our time evenly like Imam Ali (as) advised, we may find ourselves amongst the losers on the day that really matters!
By alimohdtaki
Thanks for the comment.

So it's totally different thing, but i loved what he said the other day.

That whenever a guest is supposed to come at home, we light up the house, make food for them, some fragrance at home, and everything. Obviously, guests are special to us. Allah(S.W.T) has made this earth, we get the light from the sun, and we have the air, crops growing so that we can eat. And after the guests leave, no more decorations like the light and stuff-everything back to normal. But prophet Muhammad(S.A.W) has already left the earth, then why is the earth getting the light, food growing? And that is because there is someone special living in this earth for whom Allah(S.W.T) has not yet stopped giving us everything.

I don't really remember how this topic came up, but just enjoyed listening.

May Allah(S.W.T) bless you all.

https://youtu.be/-3CI0FBr5ss?si=UNYS9HXtS24Gbr-P

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 7

*Dua for Day 7 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom)

Short Tafsir on Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom) - Part […]

Ramadan Daily Duas - Day 6

*Dua for Day 6 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline