Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
A section dedicated to reviews of books ... good, bad, excellent or aweful...let others know what you thought of books that you have read...

Do u like to read?

Reading is like oxygen to me!
71%
So-so..
29%
Not my cup of tea!
No votes
0%
By proudmuslimah
thanx Muhaddisa..

Sidneys "r u afreaid of the dark is abt a scientist who discovers a machine tht can cntrol the weather...he plans to attain a high position in the government nd earn sm illegeal money by using this machine against the world...in this process, a few of his employees come to knw of this nd are planning to go to the US govt..but all of these men are murdered..two of these men"s wives are thrown together when sm unknwn forces try to kill them..nd the whole story goes how they outwit the scientist and discover his intentions and then expose him to all...

dan brown is amazing..i wud tell u..go for it..he touches the way technology is affecting our lives..esp "digital fortress" is amazing..there r alot of codes which can be understood by those doing electrnics..but u can bypass them..no worries..

all the best..
By freespirit
One of my ALL time favourites has gotta be "Angels & Demons" by Dan Brown. Nothing ive read in the past 24 yrs has come close :) If you've read The Da Vinci code and enjoyed it, you'll L-O-V-E this one!
By Umm.aly
Hey all.. this section has been idle for too long! :)
No one read anythign interesting as yet? or are u guys waiting in anticipation for the 6th Harry Potter book eh? 8)
Anyways.. i got my hands on some great books!

1. Jurisprudence made Easy.. this one is definately a must have! it explains quite a few fiqh masaels in simple terms.. very helpful indeed.
(its available in the tabligh bookshop)

2. Journey to the Unseen world.. i had always wanted to read this but never got the chance.. inshala once i have read it, will post the reviews..has anyone read it?

3. Seeking the Straight path - Reflections of a new Muslim by Diana (Masooma) Beatty.
havent read it as yet.. but definately looks gud! :)

4. The Summons - John Grisham just got it today and cnt wait to start reading it!
By Sajida
Hey muhaddisa..i have read "journey to the unseen world" its a veryyyy nice book..u feel u actually facing death yrself..i have it..if u want to borrow the book from me let me knw :)
By Umm.aly
Thanks Sajida, m sure the book will be good if u have approved it! lol..
i got a copy frm the Tabligh bookshop.. i appreciate the offer tho :D
By Sajida
U welcommmmmeee,i took it as a compliment!!hehe :P
By abuali
Its been a long time since i posted here...so here i go...

Once again i got into a period of time where I hardly did any reading (except for contracts and work related letters) :P

I am currently reading Tears and Tributes by ZAKIR...an excellent tribute to the tragedy of kerbala that I would guarantee would bring tears to anyones eyes who reads it.
By Umm.aly
hasin wrote:
Once again i got into a period of time where I hardly did any reading (except for contracts and work related letters) :P
Sounds interesting! :P

Well i finished reading John Grishams The Summons... GRRRRREEEAATTTT book!!! lol..
anyone read it?
By sadika
wow! You all are surely bookworms

I think I should get myself one of these books and start reading!
By Umm.aly
Hey Sadika.. welcome to the club! :) any luck in getting any books? let me know if u want any books.. :)
I just finished this fabulous book last nite! By Jafferey Archer - Honour Among Theives.. i really enjoyed it.. a truly gripping novel about how these people try to steal the American Declarartion of Independace for Saddam to take revenge on the americans!! Amazing work of fiction!
Its pretty confusing at the end.. but very very absorbing nontheless..
Thnks Sukaina for the book!!:D Maybe now i should start studying!! hehehe...
Any reveiews bout the above mentioned book?
By Muntazir Manji
salaams..

anyone got MAYADA? its a book about an iraqi girl in saddam's prison..

Infact id recommend this book called PRINCESS (check the bottom of the pic) if ur interested in knowing how these saudis lives their lives so extravagantly.. good book but i doubt that all of it would be true!

And yeah if anyone has "ONE HUNDRED YEARS OF SOLITUDE" its by a nobel prize winning author... gabriel garcia marquez..

anyone got them? please ;emme know!..

Muntazir
By Umm.aly
Alykum salaam..
Have heard alot bout Mayada..infact have booked to read it from sumone.. I have read Princess as well as its sequel Princess of Arabia.. it is very nicely put, but well.. it sounds more like a propaganda thing against Islam and its culture, rather than the Arabian culture..
However, it is definately an interesting read.. i would definately recommend it!
By Sukaina Rajwani
SA...
It's great to see so many book lovers around :)
I myself love reading... in fact I still have my collection of Enid Blyton's that I never tire of reading again and again :D
hmmm... Am not too much into Harry Potter....
PRINCESS is a good one and so is Princess of Arabia. They're good though a bit on the extreme side.
By Yas
Ah good ol' Enid Blytons. :oops:
By Umm.aly
Hey Sukaina.. welcome to the club! :)
Yup Enid Blyton was and still is a favorite! I especially liked her Malory Towers series n never tire of reading them again n again n again.. hehe..
N ofcorse her secret seven and famous five were superb! :)
Ah good ol' Enid Blytons.
Ditto!
ZIONIST CULT PROPAGANDA

Are the Jewish people really facing genocide or an[…]

Global supply for Palestine

In Gaza, Palestinian children keenly appreciate th[…]

Hypocrisy of arabs towards gaza

Not only is she an huge influence, but a mother a […]

Recent news that has been circulating talks about […]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline