Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
A section dedicated to reviews of books ... good, bad, excellent or aweful...let others know what you thought of books that you have read...
By azra
Three Wishes Palestinian and Israeli Children Speak By Deborah Ellis

This is my review:

Three WishesThis summer, Azra and Iman read the book, Three Wishes Palestinian and Israeli Children Speak By Deborah Ellis

Below are their reviews of the book.

Iman’s review:
Three Wishes: Palestinian and Israeli Children Speak is by Miss Deborah Ellis.

The book is filled with stories and interviews of Palestinian and Israeli children, from the age 8 to 18. They talk about how life is living in a war zone, and how life is so much different than other places. They talk about school life and transportation. Many of them have lost loved ones and friends, and it has changed their life completely. They were asked about what their three wishes are and what kind of future they look forward too. This book is filled with touching stories, and their wonderful memories before the war.

Azra’s review:

“I know there is a war going on, but I don’t know why…. I hear about bombs on the television, about bombs going off in shops and on buses and it makes me afraid.”

FEAR! Fear of soldiers, fear of bombs, fear of guns, fear of dying, but most of all, there is fear of each other.

Author Deborah Ellis visits this war torn region to see how children live their everyday life in the middle of a terrifying war.

Read this book to find out how peoples’ choices of war are affecting Palestinian and Israeli children’s lives.
Ramadhan Daily Duas- # 17

Dua for Day 17 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah, […]

https://youtu.be/hk2bRbbavCY?si=6Y53rBBj5rHfPNmw

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 16

*Dua for Day 16 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O Allah[…]

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 15

Dua for Day 15 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah G[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline