Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
We all have a question that needs an answer from a scholar. This is the place to post it.
Currently, Sheikh Kamran is answering questions.

Moderators: Syed Kazim, Muhammad Mahdi

By zalidina
this question has been bugging me for quite sometime n i cant come up with a logical answer, i was wondering if 1 of u know n can answer this.
as muslims we believe that prophet Adam was the first man on earth and that he had two son habil and Qabil, n that Qabil killed Habil. n then prophet adam has another son who if i m not mistaken became the second prophet. does the Quran say any thing abt how more ppl came into this world coz there was one family on earth. who did the third son of prophet Adam marry? how did he have kids if there were no other humans on earth?
By Muhammad Mahdi
salaams

I am not sure but maybe by the time habil died he had his own children.
Qabil too had his children. About P Sheeth maybe he didn't have children not sure
By zalidina
I am not sure but maybe by the time habil died he had his own children.
Qabil too had his children. About P Sheeth maybe he didn't have children not sure

how did habil n Qabil have kids if there was no one else on earth yet? or did Allah send more ppl on Earth? if He did than y do ppl say that we r all children of Adam?
By Muhammad Mahdi
some sources believe that Allah sent houris from heaven to marry the sons of Adam, however many scholars believe that Habil married the twin of Qabil (his sister) and Qabil married the twin of Habil. (an exception)
By zalidina
Habil married the twin of Qabil (his sister) and Qabil married the twin of Habil.
do u know if it says so anywhere in the quran? or any other books by any well known scholars?
Allah sent houris from heaven
what are houris?
By Muhammad Mahdi
houris are women of heaven (hurul ain)

as for them marrying their sisters I dont know if its in the Qur'an but I read it in the book Stories from Qur'an
By qarrar
Sheeth was the executor of Adam's will, who was born five years after Abel was killed by Cain, 235 years after the fall of Adam. He was the offspring of Adam from his issue and Jafeth (Yefith) who were brethren. Allah Almighty sent a Houri for Sheeth and the next day another Houri for Jafeth. when those Houris married Sheeth and Jafeth, a son from the former and a daughter from the latter were born. Theses two cousins, Sheeth's son and Jafeth's daughter, got married later on and thus Adam's generation multiplied. According to Naasikh At-Tawareekh, the marriage between brother and sister is completely rejected. Sheeth was residing in Mecca where he constantly performed major and minor Hajj. He founded Ka'ba with mud and stone. Getting sick, Sheeth appointed his son, Anoosh as executor of his will and eventually passed away at the age of 912 and was buried alongside his parents in the cave of Abo-Ghaabis.
According to Naasikh At-Tawareekh, the marriage between brother and sister is completely rejected
true but some sclars belive that we are pure humans and thus the rule had an exception

Allah knows best
By qarrar
Muhammad Mahdi wrote:
According to Naasikh At-Tawareekh, the marriage between brother and sister is completely rejected
True but some scholars believe that we are pure humans and thus the rule had an exception
You suggested in your earlier post that Houris were sent for Prophet Sheeth, and now you are suggesting to the contrary by implying the existence of a relationship between brothers and sisters (In this particular context). Please clarify and reference your scholars.
By zalidina
Allah Almighty sent a Houri for Sheeth and the next day another Houri for Jafeth. when those Houris married Sheeth and Jafeth, a son from the former and a daughter from the latter were born.
if houris were sent to sheeth and jafeth wouldnt their two children be half humans and half houris? and if they married to each other wouldnt their kids be half houris half human? if thats the case then arent we half human half houris?
By qarrar
zalidina wrote: if thats the case then arent we half human half houris?
I suppose we are then. :roll: A point about Houris, they are women of heaven as Mohdmehdi mentioned and Allah has made them halal for men. :D
By zalidina
anyone else know how we came to this world??? anyone asked an alim or scolar?
By bongo
Allah created women for the sons of Adam just like he created Hawa for Adam. For the sons of Adam to marry their own sisters is not possible in Islam.
By Muhammad Mahdi
bongo wrote:Allah created women for the sons of Adam just like he created Hawa for Adam. For the sons of Adam to marry their own sisters is not possible in Islam.
Stories from Quran says that either Allah created houris or they married their sisters.
It is not important.
By bongo
Stories from Quran says that either Allah created houris or they married their sisters.
I dont think so to marry ones sister was ever allowed by Allah. Even in the case of Adam's sons when there was no other women.

I would like to have more information.

https://youtu.be/-3CI0FBr5ss?si=UNYS9HXtS24Gbr-P

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 7

*Dua for Day 7 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom)

Short Tafsir on Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom) - Part […]

Ramadan Daily Duas - Day 6

*Dua for Day 6 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline