Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
We all have a question that needs an answer from a scholar. This is the place to post it.
Currently, Sheikh Kamran is answering questions.

Moderators: Syed Kazim, Muhammad Mahdi

By peaceful_soul
s/a

Fist of all I would like to thank the people who created this website

Surfing through it has been very helpful in answering my numerous questions

according this website http://www.himalayanacademy.com/resourc ... ch-10.html

"Hindus believe in one God, one humanity and one world. We believe that there is one Supreme God who created the universe and who is worshiped as Light, Love and Consciousness. Hindus also believe in many devas or Gods who perform various functions, like executives in a large corporation. These should not be confused with God. "

Can u prove to me this is wrong?

I know the most common response from a muslim is surah iklaas which talks about the oneness of god and that says that God can not have partners.
However, proof from the quran to a non muslim is useless as they do not accept the quran
so how would u prove 2 a non muslim without using the quran that God can not ahev parterns or run as a "corparation"

further more according to the same website

Hindus are not idol worshipers in the sense implied. We Hindus invoke the presence of God, or the Gods, from the higher, unseen worlds, into stone images so that we can experience His divine presence, commune with Him and receive His blessings. But the stone or metal Deity images are not mere symbols of the Gods. They are the form through which their love, power and blessings flood forth into this world. We may liken this mystery to our ability to communicate with others through the telephone. We do not talk to the telephone; rather we use it as a means of communication with another person. Without the telephone, we could not converse across long distances; and without the sanctified icon in the temple we cannot easily commune with the Deity. Divinity can also be invoked and felt in a sacred fire, or in a tree, or in the enlightened person of a satguru. In our temples, God is invoked in the sanctum by highly trained priests. Through the practice of yoga, or meditation, we invoke God inside ourself. Yoga means to yoke oneself to God within. The image or icon of worship is a focus for our prayers and devotions. Another way to explain icon worship is to acknowledge that Hindus believe God is everywhere, in all things, whether stone, wood, creatures or people. So, it is not surprising that they feel comfortable worshiping the divine in His material manifestation. The Hindu can see God in stone and water, air and ether, and inside his own soul.
But, of course, the question is about "graven images." All religions have their symbols of holiness through which the sacred flows into the mundane. To name a few: the Christian cross, or statues of Mother Mary and Saint Theresa, the holy Kaaba in Mecca, the Sikh Adi Granth enshrined in the Golden Temple in Amritsar, the Arc and Torah of the Jews, the image of a meditating Buddha, the totems of indigenous and Pagan faiths, and the artifacts of the many holy men and women of all religions. Such icons, or graven images, are held in awe by the followers of the respective faiths. The tooth of the Buddha in Sri Lanka's town of Kandy is another loved and respected image. The question is, does this make all such religionists idol-worshipers? The answer is, yes and no. From our perspective, idol worship is an intelligent, mystical practice shared by all of the world's great faiths. "

So how is Hindus having idols as a symbol of God different from Muslims having the kaaba as a symbol of the "house of Allah"?

Thank you 4 taking the time 2 answer my questions
By minhaal2000
Hindus believe in one God
and then
Hindus also believe in many devas or Gods who perform various functions, like executives in a large corporation
contradictory statement.. you cant believe in one god and many gods at the same time !

associating parters with God .. Shirk .. God is independant and there is non like him..
Supreme God who created the universe and who is worshiped as Light, Love and Consciousness
we believe God is ABSOLUTE and is not worshiped as light etc...

how can one worship light, love and conciousness when it is a creation of God

does God look like those idols.. who dictates what God looks like when he has no figure ?
and if god is everywhere then why do they require a figure to pray to ?

We donot worship the kabaa as god.. nor is it a symbol or figure of god and we certainly do not see god inside the kabaa like they see god in fire etc .. It is a symbol of unity amongst muslims!
Last edited by minhaal2000 on 21 Jan 2006, 16:12, edited 1 time in total.
By minhaal2000
Another way to explain icon worship is to acknowledge that Hindus believe God is everywhere, in all things, whether stone, wood, creatures or people. So, it is not surprising that they feel comfortable worshiping the divine in His material manifestation. The Hindu can see God in stone and water, air and ether, and inside his own soul.

they give dimensions to god when it is he who created those dimensions in the first place ie ABSOLUTE BEING ..no dimensions

these are not menifestations of god they are creations.. God does not require a material manifestation if he is Ablsolute does he ?

and why worship stone, wood, idols...etc if they believe god is in every thing why not my computer keyboard ?
By minhaal2000
it will be good if u ask some one more learned..
By qarrar
minhaal2000 wrote:it will be good if u ask some one more learned..
Isn’t this post in the ‘Ask the scholar’ section anyway? :?
By peaceful_soul
s.a
by the dept of ur answer it appears to me that u r a learned person n I was satisfied by ur answer
also wanted 2 say thanx 4 taking the time 2 answer
jazakallah
By Muhammad Mahdi
I am sorry that I could not give your questioon to Malim Issa on time.(Exams) :oops: :oops:
By abuali
Answer by Shk. Aliasghar Karmali
The Hindus belief is the same as its written, but if you find any hindu believing in the devas(many gods) as independent entities from the supreme God(i.e they have independent powers of their own rather than getting the power from the supreme God), then he has associated gods with God. Thus I feel in belief they believe in 1 supreme God as the most perfect entity.

https://youtu.be/-3CI0FBr5ss?si=UNYS9HXtS24Gbr-P

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 7

*Dua for Day 7 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom)

Short Tafsir on Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom) - Part […]

Ramadan Daily Duas - Day 6

*Dua for Day 6 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline