Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Birth Dates, Dates of Martydom, Causes of Martydom and the place of their graves. Not merely factual, but also discussions on their exemplary lives.
(bismillah)
(salam)

The Holy Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is the greatest man born on this earth. Intellectual non-Muslims (3) have acknowledged this fact.

As far as Muslims are concerned, every Muslim will eagerly and with zest confirm with conviction that the Holy Prophet is 'Rahmatul lil a'lameen' (1) (a mercy onto the worlds) and the 'greatest/best of creation' (2) as testified by Allah (swt) in his holy book, the Quran.

It is therefore a tragedy on the a'lameen (all creation) that this personality passed away.

As is the norm, any person of any importance, let alone a person followed by 1.6 billion Muslims as their spiritual and physical guide let alone the rahmatul lil a'lameen, that his death anniversary is commemorated.

For some reason, apart from a small percentage of Muslims who commemorate the death of the Holy Prophet (saww),the majority are oblivious. We note that some muslims are already celebrating the birth of the Holy Prophet (saww) on his death anniversary.

How did this happen?

Why did this happen?

How is it possible that the death of a man is forgotten who had at-least 100,000 followers at his farewell haj a couple of months before his death?

----------
1. وَما أَرسَلنٰكَ إِلّا رَحمَةً لِلعٰلَمينَ
English-Shakir translation
And We have not sent you but as a mercy to the worlds. (21:107)

2. وَإِنَّكَ لَعَلَىٰ خُلُقٍ عَظِيمٍ
[Yusufali 68:4] And thou (standest) on an exalted standard of character.

3. The 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential Persons in History
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_100:_A ... in_History
The above questions are disturbing. How is it possible that Muslim scholars do not remind faithful Muslims to commemorate and mourn the death of the Holy Prophet?

Let us ask ourselves, do we know how our Holy Prophet died?

The Holy Prophet (pbuh) often said during his final illness:
“I am still feeling the pain of the food that I had eaten in Khaybar. This is the time that I found my aorta is cut because of that poison.”[1]

The above statement is echoed by some historians who say that the Prophet’s illness was because of a food poisoned by a Jewish woman in Khaybar.

-----------------------

[1] Encyclopedia of Imam Ameerul Mo’minin Ali bin Abi Talib, vol. 2 p. 62.
If a normal average Muslim nearing his death, hurries to make a will and leave advice for his children, would we not expect the Holy Prophet (pbuh) to make a will and leave advices for his nation?

How is possible that we muslims never hear from our scholars of the will of the Holy Prophet (pbuh) or his final advices before his death?

When Muslims visited the Holy Prophet (pbuh) during his illness the Prophet (pbuh) himself confirmed to them his nearing-death saying, “O people, I am about to be made die soon and taken away. I speak to you to be excused before you; I leave among you the Book of Allah and my progeny, my family.” Then, he took the hand of Imam Ali, who was sitting beside him, and said, “This is Ali; he is with the Qur’an and the Qur’an is with Ali. They shall not separate until they shall come to me at the pond (in the Paradise).”[1]

---------------------------------
[1] As-Sawa’iq al-Muhriqah, vol. 2 p. 361.
During the last days of his life, the Holy Prophet (pbuh) asked Usama bin Zayd, a youth of about 18 years of age, to command an army filled with all the notable Ansar and Muhajireen companions (except Imam Ali (as) and Banu Hashim) and to march towards Syria/Palestine.

These companions included the oldest, the richest and the most powerful men of Quraysh such as Abu Bakr, Umar, Abdur Rahman bin Auf, Abu Obaida ibn al-Jarrah, Sa'ad bin Abi Waqqas, Talha, Zubayr, Khalid bin al-Walid, and many others. The Prophet ordered Usama to march immediately at the head of the companions and the army toward his destination. [1][2]

------------------------
[1]He presented it to Usama with these words: 'Fight thou beneath this banner in the name of the Lord, and for His cause. Thus thou shalt discomfit and slay the people that disbelieveth in the Lord.' The camp was then formed at Jorf; and the whole body of fighting men, not excepting even Abu Bakr and Umar, were summoned to join it. (Sir William Muir, The Life of Mohammed, London, 1877)

[2]The Muslims did not stay long in Madinah following their return from the Farewell Pilgrimage in Makkah. The Prophet had immediately ordered the mobilization of a large army and commanded it to march on al-Sham. He sent along with that army a number of the elders of Islam, the earliest Muhajirun, among whom were Abu Bakr and Umar. He gave the command of the army to Usama ibn Zayd ibn Harithah. (Muhammad Husayn Haykal, The Life of Muhammad, Cairo, 1935)
The Prophet wished the army to leave Medina at once. But strangely, the army did not show any eagerness to obey him. Instead of obedience, the Prophet met resistance – from some of his companions!

Thenceforth, the Prophet had to grapple with two problems; one was to overcome his illness and the other was to overcome the resistance of his army. [1] The last few days of his life on this earth were dominated by this two-pronged struggle.

The Holy Prophet (pbuh) cursed those who refused his order[2]

------------------------
[1]...The veterans did not like the idea of attacking the still redoubtable Romans with a lad, who had little military experience, as their leader. Mohammed was, however, unmoved by the protests. He was establishing the precedent, observed ever since among Moslems, that age and social standing do not necessarily make the best generals.

He was ingraining in them the message of democracy which they were to carry to the world. Without discussing the nomination he summoned Osama to the mosque and handed him the banner of Islam with recommendation to bring it honor. (R.V.C. Bodley, The Messenger, New York, 1946)

[2] Shahristani, the historian, writes in his book, Kitab al-Milal wan-Nihal (page 8 ): “The Apostle of God said: 'Usama's army must leave at once. May Allah curse those men who do not go with him.'“
I pose questions to my muslim brothers and sisters:

We know that Allah (swt) has commanded in the Holy Qur'an:

مَنْ يُطِعِ الرَّسُولَ فَقَدْ أَطَاعَ اللَّهَ ۖ وَمَنْ تَوَلَّىٰ فَمَا أَرْسَلْنَاكَ عَلَيْهِمْ حَفِيظًا {4:80}
[Shakir 4:80] Whoever obeys the Messenger, he indeed obeys Allah, and whoever turns back, so We have not sent you as a keeper over them.

59.وَمَا آتَاكُمُ الرَّسُولُ فَخُذُوهُ وَمَا نَهَاكُمْ عَنْهُ فَانْتَهُوا ۚ وَاتَّقُوا اللَّهَ ۖ إِنَّ اللَّهَ شَدِيدُ الْعِقَابِ {7...
[Shakir 59:7] ...and whatever the Messenger gives you, accept it, and from whatever he forbids you, keep back, and be careful of (your duty to) Allah; surely Allah is severe in retributing (evil)

فَلَا وَرَبِّكَ لَا يُؤْمِنُونَ حَتَّىٰ يُحَكِّمُوكَ فِيمَا شَجَرَ بَيْنَهُمْ ثُمَّ لَا يَجِدُوا فِي أَنْفُسِهِمْ حَرَجًا مِمَّا قَضَيْتَ وَيُسَلِّمُوا تَسْلِيمًا {65}
[Yusufali 4:65] But no, by the Lord, they can have no (real) Faith, until they make thee judge in all disputes between them, and find in their souls no resistance against Thy decisions, but accept them with the fullest conviction.

[Shakir 53:2] Your companion does not err, nor does he go astray;
وَمَا يَنْطِقُ عَنِ الْهَوَىٰ {3}
[Shakir 53:3] Nor does he speak out of desire.
إِنْ هُوَ إِلَّا وَحْيٌ يُوحَىٰ {4}
[Shakir 53:4] It is naught but revelation that is revealed,
عَلَّمَهُ شَدِيدُ الْقُوَىٰ {5}
[Shakir 53:5] The Lord of Mighty Power has taught him,

Surely the companions of the Holy Prophet (pbuh) knew all the above.

How did they then dare disobey him?

https://youtu.be/-3CI0FBr5ss?si=UNYS9HXtS24Gbr-P

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 7

*Dua for Day 7 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom)

Short Tafsir on Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom) - Part […]

Ramadan Daily Duas - Day 6

*Dua for Day 6 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline