Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Birth Dates, Dates of Martydom, Causes of Martydom and the place of their graves. Not merely factual, but also discussions on their exemplary lives.
By Umm.aly
Special felicitations on the grand occasion of the anniversary of completion of our religion - Islam.
May Allah give us the tawfiq to be true and sincere followers of the Wilaya and increase our love for them (a.s).
By Reyhana
THE TOWERING STATUS OF EID-UL-GHADEER

By: Faez Karimi [www.jafariyanews.com]

Hadith no. 1: The 'Eid of the Khilafat and Wilayat
It has been narrated from Ziyad ibn Muhammad that he said, “I went to see Abi 'Abdillah [Ja'far ibn Muhammad as-Sadiq] (peace be upon him) and said to him, “Do the Muslims have an 'Eid other than the day of Jumu'ah and al-Fitr and al-Adhha?” The Imam (peace be upon him) replied to me, “Yes, the day on which the Messenger of Allah (blessings of Allah be upon him and his family) appointed Amirul Mo’minin (peace be upon him) [as the leader of the Ummah after him].”
Misbahul Mutahajjid, Page 736

Hadith no. 2: The Best 'Eid of the Ummah
The Messenger of Allah (blessings of Allah be upon him and his family) has said: “The day of Ghadir Khumm is the best 'Eid of my nation. It is the day on which Allah, the High, ordered me to mention the appointment of my brother, 'Ali ibn Abi Talib as the flag and standard of my nation. People shall be guided by him after me and this is the day in which Allah completed the religion and perfected the bounties upon my nation and on which He was pleased with Islam as their religion.”
Al-Amali of as-Saduq, Page 125, Hadith 8

Hadith no. 3: The Great 'Eid of Allah
It has been narrated from as-Sadiq [Imam Ja'far ibn Muhammad] (peace be upon him) that he said, “This is the greatest 'Eid of Allah, and every Prophet appointed by Allah celebrated this day as an 'Eid, and knew the sanctity of this day. The name of this day in the heavens is the Day of the Allegiance and Well-Known Pact, and on the Earth this Day is known as the Day of the Promise which is taken and the Day of the Gathering of those who witnessed (the event).”
Wasa'il ash-Shi'a, Volume 5, Page 224, Hadith 1

Hadith no. 4: The 'Eid of Wilayat
“It was said to Abi 'Abdillah [Imam Ja'far ibn Muhammad as-Sadiq] (peace be upon him): “Do the true believers have an 'Eid other than the two 'Eid (of al-Adhha and al-Fitr) and the Jumu'ah?” The Imam replied, “Yes, they have one which is even greater than these ones and that is the day when Amirul Mo'minin (peace be upon him) was designated by the Messenger of Allah (blessings of Allah be upon him and his family) with the Wilayah (at Ghadir Khumm) which rests on the necks of all the men and women.”
Wasa'il ash-Shi'a, Volume 7, Page 325, Hadith 5

Hadith no. 5: The Day of Renewal of the Oath of Allegiance
It has been narrated from 'Ammar ibn Hariz that he said, “I went to see Abi 'Abdillah [Imam Ja'far ibn Muhammad as-Sadiq] (peace be upon him) on the 18th of Dhul Hijjah and found him fasting. He said to me, ‘This is a great day. Allah has magnified the sacredness of this day for the true believers and perfected the religion for them and completed upon them the bounties and renewed the pledge which He had taken from them (previously).”
Misbahul Mutahajjid, Page 737

Hadith no. 6: The 'Eid of the Heavens
Al-Ridha [Imam 'Ali ibn Musa] (peace be upon him) has said, “My father related to me from his father (peace be upon them) that, ‘The Day of Ghadir is more well known in the heavens than it is on the Earth.’”

Hadith no. 7: An Incomparable 'Eid
Imam 'Ali (peace be upon him) has said, “Surely this is a highly recognized day, on it the succor was brought, and the station (of the one who was worthy of it) was elevated, and the proofs (of Allah) were made manifest. This is the day when from a pure station, words were clearly and straightforwardly stated, and this is the day of the completion of the religion and the (day) when the promise and pact were taken…”
Biharul Anwar, Volume 97, Page 116

Hadith no. 8: A Very Beneficial 'Eid
As-Sadiq [Imam Ja'far ibn Muhammad] (peace be upon him) has said, “I swear by Allah that if people knew the true greatness of this day, the Angels would shake hands with them ten times every day … and Allah would grant a person who recognizes (the greatness of this day) what can not be enumerated.”

Hadith no. 9: A Luminous 'Eid
Abu 'Abdillah [Imam Ja'far ibn Muhammad as-Sadiq] (peace be upon him) has said, “The Day of Ghadir, in comparison to the ('Eids of) al-Fitr, al-Adhha and the day of Jumu'ah, is like the moon in relation to the rest of the planets.”
Iqbal of Sayyid Ibn Tawus, Page 466

Hadith no. 10: One of the Four Divinely Appointed 'Eids
Abu 'Abdillah [Imam Ja'far ibn Muhammad as-Sadiq] (peace be upon him) has said, “When the Day of Judgement comes about, four days shall hasten towards Allah, the Noble and Grand, just as a bride hastens towards her bridal chamber: the day of al-Fitr, the day of al-Adhha, the day of al-Jumu'ah, and the day of Ghadir Khumm.”
Iqbal of Sayyid Ibn Tawus, Page 466
Hadith no. 11: The Day of the Message and the Wilayat
The Messenger of Allah (blessings of Allah be upon him and his family) has said, “O’ assembly of Muslims – those who are present must convey the following to those who are not, “I advise the person who believes in me and has confirmed me (as being the final Prophet) to accept the Wilayat (mastership of 'Ali). Now surely the mastership of 'Ali is my mastership, and my mastership is the mastership of my Lord. This is a pledge from my Lord which He commanded me to convey to all of you.”
Biharul Anwar, Volume 37, Page 131, Hadith 35

Hadith no. 12: The Day of Feeding Others
Abu 'Abdillah [Imam Ja'far ibn Muhammad as-Sadiq] (peace be upon him) has said, “…and surely this is the day when the Messenger of Allah (blessings of Allah be upon him and his family) appointed 'Ali (peace be upon him) as the flag for the people and made known his greatness and successorship; and he fasted on this day as a sign of thanks to Allah, the Glorious and Noble. This day should be taken as one of fasting, feeding others, establishing ties with brothers (in faith), and on this day is the pleasure of the Most Merciful (al-Rahman) and the rubbing in the dust (humiliation) of the face of Shaitan.”
Wasa'il ash-Shi'a, Volume 7, Page 328, Hadith 12

Hadith no. 13: The Day of Gifts
It has been narrated from Amirul Mo’minin ['Ali ibn Abi Talib] (peace be upon him) that he said, “…when you meet each other (on the Day of 'Eid Ghadir), shake hands with one another with greetings (of peace) and exchange gifts on this day and let those who are present convey this to those who are not, and let the rich person give something to the poor, and the powerful one to the weak, as the Messenger of Allah (blessings of Allah be upon him and his family) commanded me to (also) do this.”
Wasa'il ash-Shi'a, Volume 7, Page 327

Hadith no. 14: The Day of Protection
It has been narrated form Amirul Mo’minin ['Ali ibn Abi Talib] (peace be upon him) that he said, “…how shall the state of that person be who has taken the responsibility upon himself for a number of the believing men and believing women (on the Day of Ghadir) since I personally have guaranteed that person protection from disbelief and poverty, in the presence of Allah, the Most High.”
Wasa'il ash-Shi'a, Volume 7, Page 327

Hadith no. 15: The Day of Thanks and Happiness
Abu 'Abdillah [Imam Ja'far ibn Muhammad as-Sadiq] (peace be upon him) has said: “…this is the day (18th of Dhul Hijjah) of worship and prayers and thanks to Allah and His praise, and is a day of happiness due to the obligation which Allah has laid upon all of you in regards to our (the Ahlul Bait’s) Wilayat, and surely I love to see you fast on this day.”
Wasa'il ash-Shi'a, Volume 7, Page 328, Hadith 13

Hadith no. 16: The Day of Doing Good to Others
It has been narrated from as-Sadiq [Imam Ja'far ibn Muhammad] (peace be upon him) that he said, “…giving one dirham to a brother in faith and who has cognizance (of the greatness and importance of the day of Ghadir) is equal to giving 1,000 dirham (at any other time). Therefore on this day, give to your brothers and make all of the believing men and believing women happy and delighted.”

Hadith no. 17: The Day of Joy and Happiness
Abu 'Abdillah [Imam Ja'far ibn Muhammad as-Sadiq] (peace be upon him) has said: “Surely this day [18th of Dhul Hijjah] is a day of festivity, joy and happiness and it is a day of fasting as a sign of thanks to Allah, the Most High.”
Wasa'il ash-Shi'a, Volume 7, Page 326, Hadith 10

Hadith no. 18: The Day of Congratulations and Felicitations
Imam 'Ali (peace be upon him) said: “When your assembly adjourns, may Allah have mercy on you, then show generosity towards your dependants, kindness to your brethren, and gratitude to Allah for what He has bestowed upon you. Come together that Allah may unite you, do good to one another that Allah may increase your mutual love; and congratulate one another for Allah’s favour as He has given you the good tidings of a reward many times greater than previous or future 'Eids, except an 'Eid like it [when 'Eid falls on a Friday].”
Biharul Anwar, Volume 97, Page 117

Hadith no. 19: A Day of Greeting and Disavowal
It has been narrated from Hasan ibn Rashid from Abi 'Abdillah [Imam Ja'far ibn Muhammad as-Sadiq] (peace be upon him) that he said, “May I be sacrificed for you! Do the Muslims have a festivity other than the two 'Eid celebrations?” The Imam (peace be upon him) replied, “Yes O’ Hasan! (There is one) greater than these two and much worthier than them.” The companion replied, “And what day is that?” The Imam said, “The day upon which Amirul Mo'minin ['Ali ibn Abi Talib] (peace be upon him) was appointed as the flag (of guidance) for the people.” The companion then asked, “May I be sacrificed for you! And what should we do (on this day)?” The Imam replied, “You should fast on it, O’ Hasan, and recite many prayers upon Muhammad and his family and disavow yourself towards Allah from all of those who oppressed them; surely the Prophets (of the past) also commanded their successors to consider the day of their appointment a day of celebration and 'Eid.”
Misbahul Mutahajjid, Page 680

Hadith no. 20: The 'Eid of the Successors
It has been narrated from Abi 'Abdillah [Imam Ja'far ibn Muhammad as-Sadiq] (peace be upon him) that he said, “…(on the day of 'Eid Ghadir) you should remember Allah, the Noble, on this day through fasting and worship and through remembering Muhammad and the family of Muhammad since surely the Messenger of Allah (blessings of Allah be upon him and his family) had advised Amirul Mo’minin to take this day as a day of 'Eid, and this is the same thing which the (previous) Prophets also did; they too advised their successors who took this day as a day of 'Eid.”
Wasa'il ash-Shi'a, Volume 7, Page 327, Hadith 1

Hadith no. 21: The Day of Dedication and Prayers
It has been narrated from Abi 'Abdillah [Imam Ja'far ibn Muhammad as-Sadiq] (peace be upon him) that he said, “The worth of (good) actions performed on this day (18th of Dhul Hijjah) is equivalent to 80 months (of good deeds) and one is advised to frequently remember Allah, the Noble and Grand, and send prayers upon the Prophet (blessings of Allah be upon him and his family) and that a man be generous to his family (by presenting them with gifts).”
Wasa'il ash-Shi'a, Volume 7, Page 325, Hadith 6

Hadith no. 22: The Day of Seeing the Leader
It has been narrated from our master, Abul Hasan 'Ali ibn Muhammad [al-Hadi] (peace be upon him) that he said to Abi Ishaq: “The Day of Ghadir is the day when the Prophet (blessings of Allah be upon him and his family) appointed his brother 'Ali as the flag (of guidance) for the people and the Imam after him.” Abu Ishaq said, “You have spoken the truth, may I be sacrificed for you. It is for this reason (alone) that I came to see you. I bear witness that truly you are the proof of Allah over all of His creations.”
Wasa'il ash-Shi'a, Volume 7, Page 324, Hadith 3

Hadith no. 23: The Day of Praising Allah
Imam 'Ali ibn Musa al-Ridha (peace be upon him) has said, “Allah will grant a person who visits a true believer on it (the Day of 'Eidul Ghadir) seventy types of Divine Light in his grave and will expand his grave. Every day, 70,000 Angels will visit him in the grave and they will grant him the glad tidings of Paradise.”
Iqbal al-A'mal, Page 778

Hadith no. 24: The Day of Visiting and Doing Good
Imam as-Sadiq [Ja'far ibn Muhammad] (peace be upon him) has said, “It is advisable for you (on the day of Ghadir) to become close to Allah, the Most High, through good deeds, fasting, prayers, establishing (and maintaining) family ties and establishing ties between (your) brothers. The Prophets (peace be upon all of them) did the same thing when they appointed their successors, and also advised them to act similarly.”
Misbahul Mutahajjid, Page 736

Hadith no. 25: Salat in Masjid al-Ghadir
It has been narrated from Abi 'Abdillah Imam [Ja'far ibn Muhammad as-Sadiq] (peace be upon him) that: “Surely it is recommended to pray inside Masjid al-Ghadir since verily the Prophet (blessings of Allah be upon him and his family) introduced the Commander of the Faithful (peace be upon him) [as the Imam] to the people here and this is the spot in which Allah, the Noble and Grand, made known The Truth.”
Wasa'il ash-Shi'a, Volume 3, Page 549

Hadith no. 26: Salat on the Day of Ghadir
It has been narrated from Abi 'Abdillah [Imam Ja'far ibn Muhammad as-Sadiq] (peace be upon him) that: “A person who performs a two Rak'at Salat any time he wishes (during the Day of 18th of Dhul Hijjah), though it is best that this (Salat) be performed as close to the time of Zawwal (mid-day when the sun begins its decline; this is when the time for Salatul Zuhr begins) as possible because this is the time at which Amirul Mo'minin (peace be upon him) was appointed at Ghadir Khumm as the flag of the people and … (the reward for this Salat) is as if the person had been present on the Day (of Ghadir Khumm)…”
Wasa'il ash-Shi'a, Volume 5, Page 225, Hadith 2

Hadith no. 27: Fasting on the Day of Ghadir
It has been narrated from as-Sadiq [Imam Ja'far ibn Muhammad] (peace be upon him) that: “Fasting on the Day of Ghadir is equivalent to fasting the time span of the (existence of the) entire world – meaning that if a person were to live a life of the entire existence of the world and were to fast this whole time, the reward for this fasting would be equivalent to fasting (this one day of Ghadir).”
Wasa'il ash-Shi'a, Volume 7, Page 324, Hadith 4

Hadith no. 28: The Day of Congratulations and Smiling
It has been narrated from al-Ridha ['Ali ibn Musa] (peace be upon him) that: “…and this is a day of congratulations and felicitations in which you should greet and congratulate one another. When a believer meets another, one should say, ‘All praise belongs to Allah who has made us amongst those who hold firm to the Wilayat of the Commander of the Faithful and the A’immah (prayers be upon all of them); and this is a day of smiling at other people and those of true faith.”
Iqbal al-A'mal, Page 464
Hadith no. 29: The Prophet and the Wilayat of 'Ali
It has been narrated from Abi Sa'id that: “When the day of Ghadir Khumm came, the Messenger of Allah (blessings of Allah be upon him and his family) commanded the caller to call out, ‘Gather for the Salat. Then he took 'Ali (peace be upon him) by the hand and said, ‘O’ Allah! Whomsoever I am his master, this 'Ali is also his master. O’ Allah! Be a friend to that person who is a friend to him, and be an enemy to that person who is an enemy to him.’”
Biharul Anwar, Volume 37, Page 112, Hadith 4

Hadith no. 30: Living the Life of a Prophet
The Messenger of Allah (blessings of Allah be upon him and his family) has said: “A person who wishes to live the life that I lived and wishes to die the way I die, and wants to reside in the perpetual Paradise which has been promised to me by my Lord should accept the Wilayat of 'Ali ibn Abi Talib (peace be upon him), because he will never drag you away from the path of true guidance and he will never misguide you.”
Al-Ghadir, Volume 10, Page 278

Hadith no. 31: The Prophet and the Imamate of 'Ali
It has been narrated from Jabir ibn 'Abdullah al-Ansari that: “I heard the Messenger of Allah (blessings of Allah be upon him and his family) say to 'Ali ibn Abi Talib (peace be upon him): ‘O’ 'Ali! You are my brother and my successor and my executor and my caliph over my nation both during my life and also after my death. Those who love you, love me; and those who hate you, hate me; and your enemy is my enemy.”
Al-Amali of as-Saduq, Page 124, Hadith 5

Hadith no. 32: The Pillars of Islam
It has been narrated form Abi Ja'far [Imam Muhammad ibn 'Ali al-Baqir] (peace be upon him) that: “Islam is built on five foundations: Salat, Zakat, Sawm, Hajj and Wilayat – and there was no call to any of these resembling that which the people were called towards in order to accept the Wilayah on the Day of Ghadir.”
Al-Kafi, Volume 2, Page 21, Hadith 8

Hadith no. 33: The Perpetual Wilayat
It has been narrated from Abil Hasan ['Ali ibn Musa al-Ridha] (peace be upon him) that: “The Wilayat of 'Ali (peace be upon him) has been written in all of the books of the (previous) Prophets and Allah did not appoint a single Messenger except with a (pledge to the) Prophethood of Muhammad and the successorship of 'Ali (peace be upon him).”
Safinatul Bihar, Volume 2, Page 691

Hadith no. 34: Wilayat and Tawhid
The Messenger of Allah (blessings of Allah be upon him and his family) has said, “The Wilayat of 'Ali ibn Abi Talib is the Wilayat of Allah; love for him ('Ali) is worship of Allah; following him ('Ali) is an obligatory act from Allah; his friends are the friends of Allah and his enemies are the enemies of Allah; fighting with him is (like) fighting against Allah; and making peace with him is (like) making peace with Allah, the Noble and Grand.”
Al-Amali of as-Saduq, Page 32

Hadith no. 35: The Day of the Cry of Despair of Shaitan
It has been narrated from Ja'far [Imam Ja'far ibn Muhammad as-Sadiq] (peace be upon him) from his father [Imam Muhammad ibn 'Ali al-Baqir] (peace be upon him) that: “Iblis, the enemy of Allah, cried out (in hopelessness) four times: The day when he was cursed (by Allah); the day when he was sent down to the Earth; the day when the Prophet (blessings of Allah be upon him and his family) was officially appointed (to convey the message on Earth); and on the Day of Ghadir.”
Qurbul Isnad, Page 10

Hadith no. 36: The Wilayat of 'Ali is the Fortress of Tawhid
It has been narrated from the Prophet (blessings of Allah be upon him and his family) that: “Allah, the Glorious and High, has said, “The Wilayat of 'Ali ibn Abi Talib is My fortress, so whoever enters into My fortress will be protected from My fire.”
Jami' al-Akhbar, Page 52, Hadith 7

Hadith no. 37: The Successor of the Prophet
The Messenger of Allah (blessings of Allah be upon him and his family) has said, “O’ 'Ali! I am the city of knowledge and you are its gate and no one can enter into the city except by going through its gate … You are the Imam of my nation and you are my successor. Blessed is the person who obeys you and depraved is the person who disobeys you. One who follows you will succeed, while the one who turns away from you will be in a loss.”
Jami' al-Akhbar, Page 52, Hadith 9

Hadith no. 38: Islam in the Shadow of Wilayat
Imam as-Sadiq [Ja'far ibn Muhammad] (peace be upon him) has said: “The fundamental pillars of Islam are three: Salat, Zakat and Wilayat. No one of these will be valid unless accompanied by the other two.”
Al-Kafi, Volume 2, Page 18

Hadith no. 39: A Thousand Witnesses
Abu 'Abdillah [Imam Ja'far ibn Muhammad as-Sadiq] (peace be upon him) has said, “O’ Hafsa! I am surprised at what happened to 'Ali ibn Abi Talib!! Despite having tens of thousands of witnesses he could not claim his right when in reality a person needs only two witnesses to claim what is rightfully his!”
Biharul Anwar, Volume 37, Page 140

Hadith no. 40: 'Ali , The Commentator of the Qur'an
From the Prophet (blessings of Allah be upon him and his family), in his address on the Day of Ghadir: “'Ali is the exegesis (Tafsir) of the book of Allah and the one who calls others to it. Verily, that which is permitted and forbidden is more than what I can explain to you; what I command you as permitted and forbid you as prohibited, is all from one position. I was commanded to take your allegiance and your pledge to accept what I brought from Allah, the Exalted, regarding 'Ali, the commander of the believers, and the Imams after him. O’ People! Ponder and understand the verses (of the Qur'an), observe those that are clear and do not follow those that are unclear; for by Allah no one can explain to you its limitations or clarify its meanings except the one whose hand I am holding (meaning Imam 'Ali).”
Wasa'il ash-Shi'a, Volume 18, Page 142, Hadith 43

https://youtu.be/-3CI0FBr5ss?si=UNYS9HXtS24Gbr-P

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 7

*Dua for Day 7 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom)

Short Tafsir on Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom) - Part […]

Ramadan Daily Duas - Day 6

*Dua for Day 6 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline