Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Birth Dates, Dates of Martydom, Causes of Martydom and the place of their graves. Not merely factual, but also discussions on their exemplary lives.
By Tayyaba
Salaam Alaikum
This is a short Intro bout her..!

Lady Fatima Masuma (A) was the daughter of the 7th Imam, and the Sister of the 8th Imam. She was a noble lady who dedicated her life to Islam and Allah (s.w.t). She was Highly gifted and due to the training of her father and brother, she has achieved a high reputation in history for her knowledge and piety.

She was Only 6 yrs old when her father was arrested by Harun (The 6th abbasid caliph) and thereafter, she was brought up under the care of her brother Imam Redha(A.S) for twenty one years.

In the year 200 A.H, Mamun (the 7th abbasid caliph) forced the Imam (a.s) to move from Madina to Khurasan, in Iran. And so, Lady Fatima Masuma (A) was once more separated from her guardian.

In the yr 201 AH, she decided to leave Madina and travel to Khurasan to be at the side of her brother, intending to help in his mission to preach Islam. But regrettably, she never reached him.

The caravan that she was travelling with, was ambushed at Saweh, where she had to witness the brutal killing of her close family members. As a result she can be compared to Lady Zaynab (A), who suffered a similer plight in Karbala.

Lady Fatima Masuma (A) was taken ill at Saweh. From here, the Shia of the nearby Qum brought her to their city, where she spent the last few days, before passing away during the month of Rabi al Thani in 201 AH.

Lady Fatima Masuma (A) is buried in Qum, Iran. Due to her blessed presence and patronage, the city has grown into a centre of shia learning; a destination for thousands of muslim students over 80 countries.

Life in Qum largely revolves around the haram of lady Fatima Masuma (A), which is the Focal point of this holy city.

Every yr thousand of pilgrims come from all over the world to pay homage to this noble lady. They come to pay their respect to this Lady in accordance to the reliable traditions of three holy Imams (A) which are qouted belowl;

From 6th Imam, Imam Jaffer al- Sadiq(A):
''A lady from My children whose name will be Fatima, daughter of Musa, will die in Qum. On the day Of judgment this lady will intercede for all my shia to enter heaven''.

From 8th Imam, Imam Ali Ridha (A):
''Whoever visits Masuma in Qum is like the one who has visited me''.

From the 9th Imam, Imam Muhammed Taqi al- Jawaad (A):
''Whoever visits my Aunt in Qum will enter Heaven''.

Book - Lady Fatima Masuma (A) Of Qum
Written by - Masuma Jaffer
By Reyhana
WORTH OF PILGRIMAGE OF HAZRET FATIMEH MASUMEH{A]
By: Morteza Sistani [source: http://www.jafariyanews.com]
Hazret Fatimeh Masumeh (A) the Blessed and the Gracious Divine Lady from the Holy Ahlul Bayt (A) was born in the holy city of Madinah on the First Day of the month of Zee Qa'dah 173 A.H. His holy father was Imam Musa al-Kazim (A),the Seventh Holy Imam and Imam Reza (A),the Eighth Holy Imam was his elder brother.

Regarding the rewards awarded to those who perform the ziarat (pilgrimage) of Karimah Ahli Bait Hazret Fatimeh Al-Masumeh (A), there have been many traditions from the Imams from the holy progeny of holy Prophet Hazret Muhammad (S). Some of these are mentioned below:

1. Imam as-Sādiq (A) has said:
وَسَتُدْفَنُ فيها امْرَأةٌ مِنْ اَوْلادي تُسَمّى فاطِمَةَ، فَمَنْ زارَها وَجَبَتْ لَهُ الجنّة

“A lady from my children, by the name of Fatima will be buried in Qum. Whoever visits her [shrine], will certainly be admitted to Heaven.” Bihār al-Anwār , vol. 48, p. 317; vol. 60, p. 216 & vol. 102, p. 266.

2. Imam as-Sādiq (A) has also said:
اِنَّ زِيارَتََََها تََََعْدِلُ الجَنَّة

“Visiting her earns Heaven.” Bihār al-Anwār, vol. 60, p. 219.

3. Sa`d ibn Sa`d al-Ash`arī narrates, “I asked Imam ar-Ridā (A) about the reward awarded for performing the pilgrimage of Lady Fatimeh Masumeh (A) and the Imam (A) replied:”
مَنْ زارَها فَلَهُ الجنّة

“Whoever visits her [shrine], his reward will be Heaven.” Uyūn Akhbār al-Ridā , vol. 2, p. 267.

4. Imam ar-Ridā (A) has also said:
مَنْ زارَها عارِفاً بِحَقِّها فَلَهُ الجنّة

“Whoever visits her [shrine], while knowing and being aware of her high status, the reward for him will be Heaven.” Bihār al-Anwār , vol. 48, p. 317

5. Imam ar-Ridā (A) has also said:
مَنْ زارالْمَعْصومَةَ بِقُمّ كَمَنْ زارَني

“Whoever visits Masumeh in Qum , it is like he has visited me.” Nāsikh al-Tawārīkh , vol. 3, p. 68; Rayāhīn al-Sharī`a , vol. 5, p. 35

And Imam ar-Ridā (A) has also said:
اَلا فَمَنْ زارَني وَهُوَ عَلى غُسْلٍ، خَرَجَ مِن ْذنوبِهِ كَيومٍ وَلَدَتْهُ اُمُّهُ

“Be aware, whoever visits me in a state of purity [after doing ghusl], he will come out of sin and become cleansed [purified of sin], as if he has just been born from his mother.” Uyūn Akhbār al-Ridāa , vol. 2, p. 260

Therefore, it follows that that same purity is obtained from performing the pilgrimage of Lady Fatimeh Masumeh (A).

6. A devotee went to perform the pilgrimage of Imam ar-Ridā (A) and after the pilgrimage he decided to go to Karbalā . On his way, he saw Imam ar-Ridā (A) in a dream. Imam (A) said to him, “Why did you not also pass through Qum and perform the pilgrimage at the grave of my sister?” Anwār al-Masha`sha`īn , vol. 1, p. 212

7. Mullā Haydar Khānsārī narrates a tradition from Imam ar-Ridā (A): “Whoever is unable to perform my pilgrimage, he should perform the pilgrimage of my brother in Ray [Hadrat Hamzah, buried near Hadrat `Abd al-`Ađīm] or my sister [Lady Fatimeh Masumeh (A)] in Qum. He will get the same reward as he would for performing my pilgrimage.” Mullā Haydar Khwānsārī, Zubdat al-Tasānīf , vol. 6, p. 159.

8. Imam Muhammad Taqī al-Jawād (A) has said:
مَنْ زارَ عَمَّتي بِقُمّ فَلَهُ الجَنَّةُ

“Whoever visits my aunt [Lady Fatimeh Masumeh (A)] in Qum , will enter Heaven.” Bihār al-Anwār, vol. 102, p. 265

From the foregoing traditions we can see the immense reward, narrated from three Imams (A), of performing the pilgrimage of this noble lady.

An interesting point is that, in tradition no. 5 above, Imam ar-Ridā (A) has made the reward of performing the pilgrimage of Lady Fatimeh Masumeh (A) equal to that of performing pilgrimage at his own grave.

It is also interesting to compare this tradition with the following: Imam as-Sādiq (A) was asked, “what is the reward of someone who performs the pilgrimage of one of the Imams (A)?” Imam (A) replied:
كَمَنْ زارَ رَسولَ الله

“It is like he has visited the Prophet (S) of Allah.” Uyūn Akhbār al-Ridā, vol. 2, p. 262

https://youtu.be/-3CI0FBr5ss?si=UNYS9HXtS24Gbr-P

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 7

*Dua for Day 7 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom)

Short Tafsir on Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom) - Part […]

Ramadan Daily Duas - Day 6

*Dua for Day 6 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline