Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
A mere piece of clothing has been creating turmoil all around the world. I cant help but wonder, what threat does this simple way of dress pose to those who oppose it...and what does hijab mean to women?
(bismillah)
(salam)

Someone posted a photo of the view of our swimming pool from a nearby building on the following topic: http://ask.or.tz/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3 ... ool#p17575

For easy references, I am attaching the same here
Click here or the picture above to see the photo in full size

After studying the above picture, I came to the following conclusions:

1. This picture is taken in the darkness of night (notice the darkness surrounding the pool area, the lights that are on in the pool complex, the dark shadows of the trees in the foreground etc).
2.This picture is taken with a moderate camera with moderate zoom (note the visible shake and pixelation).
3. The shallow part of the swimming pool and the entire area from the pool to the changing room and entrance are clearly visible.
4. The cleaner seated on the chair is visible.

Considering that ladies go to swim during the daylight hours, I imagine the view would be even more clear and visible. With a good zoom-lens or a decent set of binoculars, someone can easily spy on ladies in their swimwear.

This is a serious concern. Please post here if you feel this is a concern and lets discuss what can be done about it.
The Management Team/Secretariat is aware of the concern and are looking into this matter.

Considering that this is a sensitive issue and hijab is at risk, we have agreed with the Jamaat to create awareness among the ladies so that ladies can take precautions.

Please do take some time to email the Managing Committee to express your concern and demand for urgent resolution to this sensitive issue.

Jamaat President - president [at] ksijdar.org
Jamaat Vice President - vp [at] ksijdar.org
Jamaat Secretary - secretary [at] ksijdar.org

Please cc (carbon copy) to petition [at] ask.or.tz to help us keep track.

(replace [at] with @ and remove any spaces).
I m apalled dat u r lukin in2 da matter. Stop lukin in2 da matter n do sumthng

I hv rcvd sum distrbng images

Hv tried to distort da face so its nt easy to recognize

[edited to remove photos of women in the swimming pool area without hijab. Poster, please do not post such images]
Last edited by abuali on 06 Dec 2013, 18:43, edited 2 times in total. Reason: To remove inappropriate photos of ladies without hijab at the swimming pool
Y did u delete da photos??? U wnt to hide da truth
Insaan wrote:Y did u delete da photos??? U wnt to hide da truth
Dear Brother/Sister in faith

(salam)

I am not a member of the committee running the swimming pool nor am I in any other committee of the Jamaat administration. I am a member of the Jamaat.

We have raised the concern with the Jamaat and I had posted one line from their response in which they replied they are looking into the matter.

I have no interest in hiding the truth. However, I feel it is very unfair to post pictures of women without their hijab. Please refrain from posting such photos.

I shall post below my email exchange with the managing committee so that you can understand the whole picture.
The following is the email I sent to the Secretary Zulfikarbhai Chandoo with a CC to the President and Vice President on 23 November 2013
Dear Zulfikarbhai

Salaam Alaykum

Please find enclosed a photo of the view of our swimming pool from a building nearby.

As you will observe, the shallow end of the pool and the entire area from the shallow end to the changing room and the entrance is clearly visible.

Considering that this picture appears to be taken at night (lights are on, surrounding areas are dark, the cleaner is visible sitting on the chair), one can imagine the clarity and visibility during daytime.

Ladies use the pool with full trust that the jamaat leadership, being followers of Lady Fatima (as) and Zainab (as) have not left any leaf unturned, to protect their hijab and dignity.

Can you please advice what actions have been taken to cover this view? How soon will it be implemented?

I hope all ladies program of use of the pool are cancelled until the view is blocked.

With salaams
The following is the reply I received from Zahirbhai Somji on 26 Nov 2013:
Salaams Brother Hasin,

We hope this e-mail finds you in perfect health and spirit.

The Secretariat acknowledges your concern and are looking into this matter.

Please do not hesitate if I can be of further service to you regarding this matter.

Wa-Salaams,
The following was my response on the same day, 26 Nov 2013:
Dear Zahirbhai

Many thanks for your email. Alhamdulilah I am well. Hope all is well at your end.

I trust you will let us know at the earliest what the secretariat plans to do about it.

In the meanwhile, due to the hijab of Zainab (as) being at risk, I hope the secretariat has already moved to cancel all ladies programs to allow the secretariat to look into the matter.

If for one reason or the other this has not been done, please let us know so that the ladies can be informed to take precautions to protect their hijab. The secretariat can also make an announcement in the ladies side while we also spread the word.

With regards
After no response from the Managing Committee, I sent the following email on 2 dec 2013
Dear Zahirbhai

Salaam Alaykum

Hope all is well.

I have not received any response from your end to my email below.

Please respond at the earliest.

On Wednesday I will proceed with an awareness campaign on Ask and other social media sites so that our respected mothers and womenfolk can be aware and take precautions to protect their Hijab which was more valuable than life itself to our Holy Lady Zainab (sa).

Please do advice if you have already taken any steps.

Jazakallah for your efforts
Yesterday night at 10pm I sent the following email to the President Shirazbhai, the Vice President Azimbhai and the Secretary Zulfikarbhai:
Dear Shirazbhai, Azimbhai, Zulfikarbhai

Salaam Alaykum

Hope you are all well and in the best of health.

As indicated in my emails below and following the silence from your end, I went ahead and initiated an awareness discussion yesterday @ http://ask.or.tz/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3316

This evening before maghrib I saw a post with 2 pictures clearing showing ladies in the swimming pool area without their hijabs posted. This is serious!

I edited the posters post immediately after consulting an elder and deleted the images from our web-server.

I strongly urge you to act immediately and block the view. Until that is done cancel all ladies programs.

Regards
(salam)

We spoke to the Hon. President Shirazbhai Walji about this matter.

He assured us that he is as concerned as the rest of us about the safety of the womenfolk.

Currently, he told us, notices have already been put up in areas that are visible cautioning ladies 'to observe hijab in these areas'.

They have engaged architects to design a permanent cover. The president shall let us know soon once the architects draw up a proposal.
(bismillah)
(salam)

Shirazbhai informed me when we met on Friday, 10 January 2014 that they have made a decision to cover the view by installing shades. The shades will also serve the purpose of shading swimmers from extreme effects of the sun.

He committed to having the shades erected within 2 weeks to a month. (i.e. latest by 10 February 2014).
We had sent a question to Ayatullah Sistani for guidance as follows:
Your Eminence, Salaam Alaykum

Please advice on the dilemma below:

If I were to build a swimming pool for use by momineen (ladies and gents), whereby ladies would be given their own privacy and time to use the pool without any gents being present.

and

There would be a view from a nearby building allowing someone in the building to use binoculars to spy on the ladies in the pool area

would it be sufficient for me to put up a notice requesting ladies to observe hijab in those areas?

Or would it be required/recommended to cover the area so that the view from the nearby building is blocked?

Jazakallah khair for your guidance
The answer we got was as follows:
بسمه تعالى

You should cover the area so that ladies may (not) be seen by men from surrounding areas.

May Allah grant you success.

www.sistani.org

Board of Istifta - Office of Grand Ayatollah Sistani

https://youtu.be/-3CI0FBr5ss?si=UNYS9HXtS24Gbr-P

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 7

*Dua for Day 7 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom)

Short Tafsir on Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom) - Part […]

Ramadan Daily Duas - Day 6

*Dua for Day 6 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline