Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
The decision to marry is one of great importance. How early should this decision be made? How early is too early? And everythign else about marriage

Have you ever entered into a Muta contract ?

Yes
28%
No, but I may in the future
11%
No, maybe in the future, only if the need arises
39%
No, and I never will
11%
No and I dont think men or/and women should ever contract Muta
11%
By changing-muslim
S/a..

Intresting Bit of discussion! Anyways, I totally agree with the fact that engagements would have been difficult without Muta.
Now the doubt about Muta that arises to me personally is, if it is permissible to contract it based on sexual desires then isnt as good as what the west do, only this way there is some paper work or rather some agreement. I mean even if the rules of Muta are many, if 2 people want to be togehter but not get married, for no specific reason, as is the trend in todays' era then they could make the whole Muta contract simple for each other and well simply get on with it! I mean alot of those rules i am sure can be almost negligible if the parties concerned want it to be.
I do understand it is there to protect both parties, but it dusnt matter these days does it?

Okay this is my honest opinion or well qn or w/e on this whole Muta issue..if someone could maybe clarify to an extent. Perhaps i have a misconception here..

thanks!!
By kulsham
sadika wrote:Salaam Alaykum

I agree with Sajida... I think gaining knowledge about issues is important. I have already learnt so much just by reading the forums on Ask. Congratulations to all.

I dont know much about Muta, but there must be logic behind it if it has been allowed. Besides, what would the couple who get engaged do without Muta?

Just a few thoughts.

-----------------------
Sadika - A Muslimah in search of the truth
LADY! have u seen anywhere me stating PLEASE DO NOT READ OR LEARN ANYTHING ABOUT MUT'A?
i just typed to HASIN wat i felt about it as it was between me and HIM the discussions that we were doing and i have not pointed out to you to tel me what i replied was like some kind of a sign for others not to learm.

Woman you shhould learn whatever you wana learn in this forum, there are plenty of classes as well go ahead n learn more, who am i to stop u, u just mede me stunned wit your reply.

n by de way i know abt muta more den u, if u wana know anything just pm me!

:roll:
By Sajida
Kulsham the post is for everybody to read n comment even if u discuss with hasin people can put in their views,n sadika just shared her views,id request u to please be polite in posting any reply.
Thank you
By sadika
My apologies to kulsham if my post seemed like a direct attack on you. It wasnt meant to be. I was just posting my thoughts.

Changing muslim....nikah is also meant to be for sexual gratification. The Quran acknowledges that man has sexual needs...and just like everything else, Allah(SWT) in his infinite mercy has given ways to satisfy this need in a lawful manner. i.e Muta and Nikah.

Compare it to food. If you steal and eat, its haraam. But if you buy the same food with halaal money and eat, then its halaal.

The western system that you refer to is haraam, because it doesnt follow the rules set down by Allah. Muta, just like Nikah is totally lawful, and is in place for satisfying sexual needs. It can also be used for other purposes like for example for engaged couples.

If i am mistaken do point it out
By kulsham
Sajida wrote:Kulsham the post is for everybody to read n comment even if u discuss with hasin people can put in their views,n sadika just shared her views,id request u to please be polite in posting any reply.
Thank you
well, i cant be polite when i think something is wrong!

@ sidika - never mind. .
By Muntazir Manji
Now the doubt about Muta that arises to me personally is, if it is permissible to contract it based on sexual desires then isnt as good as what the west do, only this way there is some paper work or rather some agreement. I mean even if the rules of Muta are many, if 2 people want to be togehter but not get married, for no specific reason, as is the trend in todays' era then they could make the whole Muta contract simple for each other and well simply get on with it! I mean alot of those rules i am sure can be almost negligible if the parties concerned want it to be

salaams,

Perhaps the little bit that i have learnt will be able to help you to an extent.. if not then i ask you to forgive me in advance!..

first of all, we must try and understand what mutah is.. most of us have a misconception that its like a pay as you go service.. NO!.. Mutah is a lawful MARRIAGE contract just like the permanent marriage, except that its time period is fixed after which the two persons become non mahram and that the wife of temporary marriage does not inherit from the man, and also that mutah can be recited for non sexual purposes!

To see why it is valid, we should look at the real situation..

Imagine a young person, at the peak of his/her sexual life, cannot get married on a permanent basis, first he must practice patience until allah opens the door of marriage for him, but if he cannot be patient..

1.would this not compel him to commit adultery?
2.use other means of gratification that are not permissibe?
3.wouldn't the constant whispering of the shaitan trouble him all the time?
4. would he be able to attain spiritual perfection in his state?

In such a situation, how can this person be helped. should he be left to commit sins and corrupt his nafs?

Allah has given us a shariah that is based on the nature of the human being. All that we need to attain spiritual perfection has been addressed.. those acts that are harmful for the nafs are haram/makrooh and all those that help us purify the nafs are halaal, wajib or mustahab.

Mutah is such an act that helps a person to avoid sins. This in itself reflects the infinite knowledge, wisdom and mercy of Allah..

Look at the temporary marriage through the permanent one.. isnt sexual gratification in a lawful manner, one of the reasons why people get married?..

reflect upon this hadith of the prophet (saw) - a person who marries, has secured half (or according to some 2/3) of his religion..

By the way, when your sexual desires lead you into sins, it becomes compulsory for you to get married! I do not know if this rule is applicable for the females, please check the risalah amaliyah of your mujtahid.

Therefore to contract mutah for the sole purpose of sexual desires in not inappropriate.

Secondly, it isnt as good as the west do! Because what the west do is at every level adultery (zinah) which is haram and children born from such relationships are illegetimate. The difference is not just that of having an agreement, the whole concept is different.

Mutah is marriage contract in which the persons involved have certain rights over one another like in the permanent one.. eg even in mutah the wife needs the husband's permission to come out of the house!

Thirdly, rules in any case case can be negligible if people want it to be! Music is haram but many of us neglect that rule, praying is wajib and yet we neglect the rule!.. That dosent mean the law is deficient, it is the persons will to violate the law, for which he/she will be answerable to Allah on the day of judgment!

Fourth, the preferred marriage is the permanent one, but if for some reason you cannot do that, then mutah is an option given to us! like if you cannot travel by plane, catch a bus!

I have presented my views mainly on the sexual aspect of mutah, but thats not all that it is about. There are many ways in which this marriage is useful, but well that would make this post a book, and also i need to get my ideas validated before i put them on a forum.

lastly, from what we discuss, it may seem like its all very easy.. but there are rules governing mutah, and one very important one is that for a girl to enter marriage (temp or permanent) she needs her father's or grandfather's permission, if she is a spinster (virgin as per the terminology)... wouldnt want anyone being misguided beacuse of me, youths should be careful before they embark on this marriage..

for those who would like to understand the concept better read surah an nisa ayah no 21 - 25 and reflect upon it..

What i understood from it is that we should exercise patience until Allah opens the door of marriage for us, if thats not possible, then either a slave girl (an option not available today) or temporary marriage..

I hope that helps you a little bit at least! if anyone sees any errors please correct me.

Muntazirmahdi.

[/quote]
By changing-muslim
Dear Brother in faith,

Thank you for your insight, it so makes sense. But for some funny reason, I still feel that its being abused. Well honestly ive heard it off the Mimbhar, when the Maulana recited of it being abused, now how they abuse it, I have no clue. And besides, i need to adress this mainly to the women out there, if you need the fathers permission to do muta, do u really think your fathers would let you? If not, (which is wat id expect a father to say), then, isnt it coming back to the same old thing? How to satisfy your desires in the lawful way?! I mean, what father would want their daughter being dragged into muta just for sexual fulfillment?

I am just talkin about the sexual aspect, I know Muta has other uses, but those I have no doubt in, it is just this one that is not really clear to me!

Anyhow, I want to thank all those who have responded so far..

Wasallam
By sadika
Hmm interesting pont you have raised.

I personally feel that if a true muslim father sees the danger of her daughter falling into sin, then he would be the first one to suggest marriage. And if marriage is not possible, then he would also be the first one to suggest mutah. (ofcourse, keeping in mind that he is a TRUE muslim and fears Allah as he will also be questioned about his daughter falling into sin while he had the option to get her married either by nikah or muta)

After all fathers happily get their daughters married via Nikah. So whats the difference? (except for the society's corrupted outlook)
By Muntazir Manji
salaams,

changing muslim has a point actually, when he says mutah is being abused. So many people (esp men) consider it to be a licence to HAVE FUN! whereas thats not the case. And perhaps it is to control this tendency that the islamic sheriah has laid a compulosry condition for the female to have her father's permission for mariage.. can you imagine if this was not there how many spinsters would have been abused today? tehrefore, fathers are not totally wrong in being against such a thing.

At the same time, sadika has a very important point as well.. a truly god fearing father would not want his daughter to fall into sinful acts. But really for sucha thing to happen in our asian community would take a long time i believe.. We tend to abide more to our cultural whims than the islamic teachings!.. WE NEED A KHOMEINI IN OUR COMMUNITIES!

I believe it is best to just get permanently married at an early age! about rizq, we should rely on Allah.. he is our sustainer.. as for maturity, most people after marriage do expand on that level as well..

just my two cents worth!.. wassalaam.
By peaceful_soul
s/a
I was just wondering is it allowed in islam 2 do mutah with a non muslim?
By qarrar
peaceful_soul wrote:I was just wondering is it allowed in islam 2 do mutah with a non muslim?
Yes with Ehle Kitab.
By sadika
is that for both men and women?
By qarrar
sadika wrote:is that for both men and women?
I am hesitant to say yes. Please refer to a learned local scholar but if you have difficulty in acquiring a reply then let me know and I might be able to get it for you.
By Muntazir Manji
salaams.

If im not mistaken, women cannot marry a non muslim, including ahlul kitab. PLease refer to islamic laws by Ayatollah Sistani under the section of marriage...

https://youtu.be/-3CI0FBr5ss?si=UNYS9HXtS24Gbr-P

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 7

*Dua for Day 7 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom)

Short Tafsir on Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom) - Part […]

Ramadan Daily Duas - Day 6

*Dua for Day 6 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline