Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
The decision to marry is one of great importance. How early should this decision be made? How early is too early? And everythign else about marriage
By Tayyaba
Salaam..

the aim of this topic is to discuss whether all the marriage ceremonies we do..enagagement, mehdhi party, friends party, dudh pino...are all those ceremonies necessery or is it just a waste of money..time..e.t.c..what is the purpose of all this?? why we do this? the islamic point of view on all this..?!
By abuali
Alaykum Salaam

A very relevant topic for our community

As per my little knowledge of shariah, I think the ceremonies you have mentioned fall under the Mubah category. They can be done as long as no haraam act is involved. Also it has to be kept in mind by those arranging these ceremonies, that they are not part of religion (i.e. neither wajib nor mustahab)

The second is the question of wasting resources. I think the answer would be different for different families (there are some who can easily afford such ceremonies and there are many who would get stretched if they did those ceremonies). If it is difficult to finance them, then they should be avoided.

Referring to the above and the fact that we have a community that tends to (or is forced to) imitate/better one other, I think those that can afford it should either avoid it or do it in a very simple manner so as to encourage those who cannot afford it to go ahead and marry in a simple manner.

But then again those are my views
Ramadhan Daily Duas- # 17

Dua for Day 17 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah, […]

https://youtu.be/hk2bRbbavCY?si=6Y53rBBj5rHfPNmw

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 16

*Dua for Day 16 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O Allah[…]

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 15

Dua for Day 15 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah G[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline