Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
The decision to marry is one of great importance. How early should this decision be made? How early is too early? And everythign else about marriage
Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Based on obligatory precaution, one should refrain from marrying a woman whose notorious for adultery, unless she has repented. Similarly, based on obligatory precaution, the adulterer should not marry the woman with whom he committed adultery, unless she has repented. (A Code of Practice For Muslims in the West, Marriage, General Rules, Rule no. 397)

http://www.sistani.org/local.php?module ... 3&pid=2799

7. If an A'lam Mujtahid gives a fatwa on some matter, his follower cannot act in that matter on the fatwa of another Mujtahid. But if he does not give a fatwa, and expresses a precaution (Ihtiyat) that a man should act in such and such a manner, for exam ple if he says that as a precautionary measure, in the first and second Rak'at of the namaz he should read a complete Surah after the Surah of "Hamd", the follower may either act on this precaution, which is called obligatory precaution (Ihtiyat Wajib), or he may act on the fatwa of another Mujtahid who it is permissible to follow.
Hence, if he (the second Mujtahid) rules that only "Surah Hamd" is enough, he (the person offering prayers) may drop the second Surah. The position will be the same if the A'a lam Mujtahid expresses terms like Ta'mmul or Ishkal. (Islamic Laws, Following a mujtahid (Taqlid), Ayatullah Al-udhma Sayyad Ali Seestani)

http://www.sistani.org/local.php?module ... 9&pid=2845

Grand Ayatollah Sayyad Mohammad Saeed Al- Hakeem

Q: Amongst the young generation it is almost IMPOSSIBLE now to find a girl for mut'aa to gratify sexual needs in the West and also in the East. Can't we be allowed to do mut'aa with prostitutes for sexual pleasure?

A: It is permissible to marry a prostitute temporarily provided that she understands that it is a religious contract for marriage and not a fee for adultery.

Q: Is it permissible to have mutaa - temperary marriage - with a woman who commits adultery with men?
Is it permissible to have mutaa with a woman who probably commits prostitution and adultery as a job?

A: Yes, it is allowed in both cases.

http://english.alhakeem.com/quearchv/ms.htm

Question: What is the meaning of the expression used by the jurists that “there is no waiting period (‘idda) for an adulterous woman because of her adultery”?

Answer: It means that she is allowed to marry after having committed adultery without observing the ‘idda; and, if she is married, then it is permissible for her husband to have sexual relations with her without observing the ‘idda except in the case of al-wat’i bis-shubha (sexual relation established based on mistaken identity or ignorance of the law).

Q & A » Adultery

http://sistani.org/local.php?modules=na ... =5&cid=412
By Fatimah Zahra Karim
I am sure that ruling is for extreme conditions. It would be inadvisable to do Mutah with a prostitute; who knows what infections she's carrying? In addition to that, Mutah is allowed only with Muslim or Ahle-kitab women. Since none of these religions allow prostitution...are we to assume that these prostitutes are not Muslim or Ahle-kitab? In this case Mutah would not be permissible. `

more to follow...
By Beheshti
Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem.

Sorry sis ........

Neither is it mentioned in the fatwa (ruling) that its meant for extreme conditions nor can we deduct it.

Ur reasoning is illogial.

U hav no knowledge of jurispudence and its principles (Fiqh and Usul e Fiqh)

R u challenging the fatwas of our Marjas n hadith of Ahlul Bayt a.s.

May Allah guide u.
By Muhammad Mahdi
U hav no knowledge of jurispudence and its principles (Fiqh and Usul e Fiqh)
Wooo! Whats all this finger pointing for? :wink:

Sister Karim has just pointed out medical problems associated with doing muta with prostitutes. All the other facts she has stated are indeed true.

Quran says,"The fornicator shall not marry any but a fornicatress or idolatress and (as for) the fornicatress, none shall marry her but a fornicator or an idolater." (24:3)

Now, if one considers marrying a prostitute, one is violating this direct command from Allah. Do you need a mujtahid to tell you that? :wink: :o
Beheshti wrote: Q: Amongst the young generation it is almost IMPOSSIBLE now to find a girl for mut'aa to gratify sexual needs in the West and also in the East.
The question implies that the reason you wish to temporarily marry a prostitute is that other girls are unavailable. This looks like an extreme situation to me.

read further on the same site you referred to, you will find the following
Q: I live in the USA, and I was wondering what my duty is if I wanted to contract a temporary marriage with a Christian who does not know anything about it. Must she say the Arabic, or can we say the aqd -marriage contract - in English?

A: She does not have to recite in Arabic if she can not but you must not marry such women unless they realize that the mentioned relation is marriage contract with religious commitments.
http://english.alhakeem.com/quearchv/ms.htm
Show me a prostitute who understands 'religious commitment'.
R u challenging the fatwas of our Marjas n hadith of Ahlul Bayt a.s.
Our Marja are great scholars, but they're still fallible humans. They are not error-free like you make them out to be. Besides, the condition he has placed (that the prostitute should understand that it is a religious commitment) also makes the act forbidden. As for challenging the Ahlul Bayt...no, I don't see where I've done that. Show me one incident of any Prophet (as) or Imam (as) allowing one to contract temprory marriage with a prostitute. If you do, you can go around saying that it is allowed. Till you do that, though, it is not.

I may have 'no knowledge of jurisprudence and its principles' but I know this much...
1. Imam Aly (as) narrated: Jibrail came to Adam (as) and informed him "O Adam, I have been ordered to let you choose 1 out of 3 things. Therefore, choose one andleave the other two." Adam (as) asked what these 3 things were and he was told, 'Reason, Modesty and Faith'. Adam(as) chose Reason, and Jibrail commanded Modesty and Faith to withdraw. They said, "O Jibrail, we have both been instructed (by God) to remain with Reason wherever it may be"

2. A companion of the 6th Imam asked him, "What is reason?" The Imam replied, "Reason is that by which Allah (swt) is worshipped and a place in paradise earned"

3. Imam Ridha (as) has said, "The friend of every man is his reason, and his enemy is his ignorance"

(Usool al-Kafi, Vol1, ahadith 2,3,&4)
All I'm doing is using The Qur'an and ahadith together with reason to reach the conclusion I have, which is more than can be said for you. Give me a logical reason for marrying a prostitute, will you? You can do whatever you want to do, but to twist things and blame Islam for your actions is what causes other people to point fingers at Islam. Think about the implications of what you're saying...Islam permits prostitution..? There is no other way of putting it. Like Muhammad Mahdi said, the verse of the qur'an ,"The fornicator shall not marry any but a fornicatress or idolatress and (as for) the fornicatress, none shall marry her but a fornicator or an idolater." (24:3) is clear about the issue.
By Beheshti
Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem.

A logical reason for marrying a prostitute:

It is not possible to find a girl for mut'aa to gratify one's sexual needs and one is in desperate need of sex otherwise there is a fear that he may commit a haram act.

Neither does Islam permit prostitution nor does it promote.

The fatwas that our Marjas give are deducted from the Quranic ayats and Hadith of Ahlul bayt a.s.

People blame Islam due to their lack of knowledge and ignorance and because they dont understand the philosophy and reason behind the permissibilty of a particular act or its prohibition.

Are you comparing Mutah to fornication. Is one violating the commandments of Allah by marrying a fornicatress ? Is a momin who does Mutah with a prostitute compared to a fornicator ?

There are many who accept Islam but they dont practice and abide by its rules and regulations. Aren't they Muslims. If a person recites Kalima he becomes a Muslim although he may not practice and abide by its rules and regulations.

The way to lawfulize a sexual relationship between a man and woman is Marriage.

A prostitute may accept that its a religious commitment but may not abide by its laws by observing idda after this marriage.Or even verbally expresses it.

Other than this, another situation is that a prostitue repents.
By Fatimah Zahra Karim
Even if one cannot find a girl for muta, I am sure it would be possible to find a girl for nikah. Prophet Yahya (as) and Prophet Isa (as) were not married till death and ascension respectively. If they could live without marriage, I'm sure other people can too.
Are you comparing Mutah to fornication. Is one violating the commandments of Allah by marrying a fornicatress ? Is a momin who does Mutah with a prostitute compared to a fornicator?
The Mutah you're talking about...? YES. Consider this and show me the difference, will you? This is the case you're advocating:
Mutah with a prostitute is allowed. And she, as a fornicatress, has no idda. This means a succession of men can have her with no intervening period of time. Each man pays her a fee, which you choose to call mahr. And you do all this saying it is halaal according to Islam. Some people may blame Islam due to their own ignorance. But many others do so due the the ignorance and actions of the Muslims.

How is the above case any different from normal prostitution? Please explain that to me.

Get this: I am not saying Mutah should not be allowed. But to even consider marrying a prostitute!

btw...the word is legalize, not lawfulize.
By Beheshti
Islam being the religion of logic and Allah (swt) being the most Merciful wants that Muslims never to have any need to turn to the great sins of fornication, homosexuality or masturbation, so there must be an option for men who become completely desperate.Imam 'Ali a.s said: Had umar not prohibited Mutah, only a few would have committed adultery.
By Beheshti
The existence of prostitutes is a damning indictment of the failures of our society.
By Fatimah Zahra Karim
I noticed that you haven't given me the differences between muta with a prostitute and prostitution per se.
By sadika
Totally not permissible.

Br. Beheshti, there is a difference between blaming the society for the prevalence of prostitution (although the ladies involved are as much to blame if not more) and in justifying and promoting it.

You are trying to do the latter. Pray to Allah no one gets misguided by your points. You may have to answer for their actions
By Muhammad Mahdi
Sadika wrote:Br. Beheshti, there is a difference
Are u sure its a brother?

https://youtu.be/-3CI0FBr5ss?si=UNYS9HXtS24Gbr-P

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 7

*Dua for Day 7 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom)

Short Tafsir on Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom) - Part […]

Ramadan Daily Duas - Day 6

*Dua for Day 6 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline