Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
The decision to marry is one of great importance. How early should this decision be made? How early is too early? And everythign else about marriage
By Mazhar
On the day of Khaibar, Allah`s Messenger (Blessings and peace be upon him) forbade the Mut`a (i.e. temporary marriage), and the eating of donkey-meat.Hadith found in sahih bukhari 5.527 ans is apparently narrated by Imam Ali(as)

Salams all
Got this in my mail its a question posed to islamhelpline.com
It basically says muta is haram and why ....the e mail has been going around a lot and well i think its important to give an appropriate response, what do you guys think?

One of our brothers/sisters has asked this question:

assalamo alkin dear brother burhan tell me .. what is the status of muttha in islam is it prohibited in islam .. if it is tell me how ,, answer me by ... ayaat ans ahadit.. secondly i want to know why mattha was ligally announced in islam .answers me fast its very urgent.. and atthe end some sect advocaet that ,, mattha is work as a junction to rejoing the divorced marrage.... and they aslo sain hazraat abu baker daughter also do this answers me with refferences of quranne anf ayaat
ALLAH hafiz

(There may be some grammatical and spelling errors in the above statement. The forum does not change anything from questions, comments and statements received from our readers for circulation in confidentiality.)

Answer:

Muta marriage

In the name of Allah, We praise Him, seek His help and ask for His forgiveness. Whoever Allah guides none can misguide, and whoever He allows to fall astray, none can guide them aright. We bear witness that there is no one (no idol, no person, no grave, no prophet, no imam, no dai, nobody!) worthy of worship but Allah Alone, and we bear witness that Muhammad (saws) is His slave-servant and the seal of His Messengers.

Your Question: is the status of muttha in islam

‘Mutah’ was a term used for a form of ‘temporary’ marriage prevalent in the Days of Ignorance before Islam, where a man would ‘temporarily’ contract a woman for a fixed period, fulfil his lust with her, and divorce her at the end of the agreed period without any responsibility towards the woman whatsoever. This mutually agreed period would be at an agreed and negotiated price between the man and the woman, for a fixed period of time which could be for a couple of hours, or days, or weeks, etc. as negotiated.

The society in the Days of Ignorance before Islam had tried to give a legal ‘veil’ to the abomination of ‘zina’ and prostitution by various means, and the ‘mutah’ was one of such veils! Islam removed all such veils from the abomination of ‘zina’ and declared that the only legal way for a man and woman to enjoy conjugal relationships was for the man and woman to be legally wedded to each other in the ‘nikaah’ contract, where the man would shoulder the responsibility of a proper marriage. One should note here that it was not Islam who started or initiated this evil concept of ‘muta’, but it was a system prevailent in the days of ignorance before Islam. Allah and His Messenger (saws) completely and absolutely abolished and forbade this evil concept of ‘muta’ for those who sincerely believed in Allah and the Last Day.

Your Question: is it prohibited in islam .. if it is tell me how ,, answer me by ... ayaat ans ahadit..

Allah Says in the Holy Quran Chapter 23 Surah Muminoon verses 1-7:

1 The Believers must (eventually) win through

2 Those who humble themselves in their prayers;

3 Who avoid vain talk;

4 Who are active in deeds of charity;

5 Who abstain from sex

6 Except with those joined to them in the marriage bond, or (the captives) whom their right hands possess; for (in their case) they are free from blame

7 But those whose desires exceed those limits are transgressors

Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith 5.527 Narrated by Ali bin Abi Talib

On the day of Khaibar, Allah`s Messenger (saws) forbade the Mut`a (i.e. temporary marriage), and the eating of donkey-meat.

Beloved brother in Islam, if any fair-minded person just looks at the system of ‘mutah’, he would conclude that it is nothing but a manifestation of the abomination of prostitution and nothing else. Which righteous parent or guardian would allow his daughter or sister to temporarily have sex with a man in exchange for a material reward?

Prostitution is described as an act where a woman ‘temporarily’ engages in sexual activity with a man in return for a negotiated fee. If one asks oneself what is the difference between prostitution and ‘mutah’, one would find it extremely difficult to differentiate the two terms!

The concept of ‘muta’ was and is a shallow attempt of what we recognize today as prostitution; and absolutely all forms of ‘zina’ and prostitution are forbidden in the deen of Truth called Al-Islam. The believers who sincerely fear Allah and the Last Day must recognize and abstain from this and all forms of indecency and ‘fahisha’, and fulfill their needs only through the legal channel and sacred concept of Islamic ‘nikaah’.

Allah is our witness, anyone who performs ‘muta’ will be guilty of the grave sin and evil abomination of ‘zina’ in the sight of Allah Subhanah on the Inevitable Day of Resurrection!

Islam recognized the evils of the temporary ‘mutah’ contract, and the Messenger of Allah (saws) declared the ‘mutah’ absolutely ‘haraam’ for the believers.

Your Question: secondly i want to know why mattha was ligally announced in islam

Islam did not start, nor propagate, nor encourage the concept of ‘muta’ marriage; this concept of temporary marriage was already prevalent in the ‘days of ignorance’ before the advent of Islam. In the 6th year after migration or Hijrah on the day of the Battle of Khaybar, the Messenger of Allah (saws) specifically forbade and declared ‘mutah’ marriage as absolutely haraam for the believers.

Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith 5.527 Narrated by Ali bin Abi Talib

On the day of Khaibar, Allah`s Messenger (saws) forbade the Mut`a (i.e. temporary marriage), and the eating of donkey-meat.

Your Question: and atthe end some sect advocaet that ,, mattha is work as a junction to rejoing the divorced marrage....

Allah says in the Holy Quran Chapter 33 Surah Ahzaab verse 36: It does not behove a believing man and a believing woman that when Allah and His Messenger have given their decision in a matter, they should exercise an option in that matter of theirs. For whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger, has indeed strayed into manifest error.

No sect in Islam, no scholar, no priest, no jurist, absolutely no one has any authority to advocate something as legal in Islam after the Messenger of Allah (saws) himself has declared it haraam! Any who dares to do so has indeed strayed into manifest error.

Your Statement: and they aslo sain hazraat abu baker daughter also do this

There is absolutely no evidence in the authentic and established history of the companions of the Noble Prophet (saws) that the noble and chaste daughters of a companion of the stature and rank of Hadrat Abu Bakr as-Siddiq (r.a.) ever engaged in the evil concept of ‘mutah’! It is absolutely inconceivable that the noble and chaste daughters of a companion who studied and practiced his deen in the ‘university’ of the Prophet (saws) would even approach something which had been specifically declared as haraam and forbidden by the Messenger of Allah (saws)!

Allah Says in the Holy Quran Chapter 24 Surah Noor verse 4: And those who launch a charge against chaste women and produce not four witnesses (to support their allegation) flog them with eighty stripes: and reject their evidence ever after: for such men are wicked transgressors

Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith 8.840 Narrated by Abu Huraira

The Prophet (saws) said, "Avoid the seven great destructive sins." They (the people) asked, "O Allah`s Messenger (saws)! What are they?" He (saws) said, "To join partners in worship with Allah; to practice sorcery; to kill the life which Allah has forbidden except for a just cause (according to Islamic law); to eat up usury (Riba), to eat up the property of an orphan; to give one`s back to the enemy and fleeing from the battlefield at the time of fighting, and to accuse chaste women who never even think of anything touching chastity and are good believers."

Whosoever accuses chaste women are wicked transgressors in the Sight of the Lord, and Allah is our witness brother, such wicked transgressors will be held severely accountable for their false accusation and slander in the Just and Supreme Court of the Lord Most High on an Inevitable and Tumultuous Day.

If one trusts, obeys, and follows the guidance and commands of Allah and His Messenger (saws), he can be assured of never ever being misled; but if one believes, obeys and follows any other guidance, other than that of Allah and His Messenger (saws), he can be assured of being led astray.

Whatever written of Truth and benefit is only due to Allah’s Assistance and Guidance, and whatever of error is of me. Allah Alone Knows Best and He is the Only Source of Strength.

Your Brother in Islam,

Burhan
By qarrar
Fixed-Term or Temporary Marriage are different names for the Arabic word of "Mut'a" which is a contract between a man and woman, much in the same way the Long-Term/Permanent/Conventional Marriage is. The main difference is that the temporary marriage longs only for a specified period of time, and man and woman will become stranger to each other after the expiration date without divorce. One misconception regarding temporary marriage is that some people think that the woman engaged in temporary marriage can have contract every other hour. This is completely misrepresentation of temporary marriage. After such contract has been expired, the woman has to wait for two months (Iddah) before which she can not marry any one else. This issue, among others, will be discussed later in detail. Besides, there are many other conditions for performing Muta as well.

The first one who legislated Mut'a with all the rules pertaining to it, was the Messenger of Allah (PBUH&HF), after it was revealed in Quran. All Muslims agree that the Messenger of Allah legislated Mut'a and made it legal after his migration to Medina, and the Muslims practiced it during his lifetime. (see al-Mughni, by Ibn Qudamah, v6, p644, 3rd Edition). However there is a disagreement between the Shia and most of the Sunnis concerning whether the Prophet later banned it or not. Most Sunnis assert that although the Prophet legislated it, he later forbade it. This is while the Shia believe that temporary marriage was never abandoned by the Prophet (PBUH&HF). Besides no Quranic verse was revealed to ban the previous Quranic verse which made Muta legitimate, and Hadith can not oppose Quran. Allah revealed it in Quran, and it was being widely practiced to the end of his lifetime and during the period of Abu Bakr and the early days of Umar's rule, until Umar forbade it.

Allah, to whom belong Might and Majesty, said: (...Except the forbidden women) the rest are lawful unto you to seek them with gifts from your property (i.e., dowry), provided that you desire protection (from sin), not fornication. So for whatever you have had of pleasure (Istamta'tum) with them by the contract, give unto them their appointed wages as a duty. And there is no sin for you in what you both agree (in extending the contract) after fulfilling the (first) duty. Lo! Allah is ever Knower, Wise. (Quran 4:24)

In the above verse, the Arabic equivalent of the word "marriage" or any of its derivatives has NOT been used. Rather the derivative of word "Mut'a" (pleasure/temporary marriage) has been used, i.e., "Istamta'tum". The word Istamta'a is the tenth verbal form of the root m-t-a. As we will show shortly, the word Istamta'a has also been widely used in the authentic Sunni collections for Temporary Marriage. Of course, Mut'a is one type of marriage, but some of it's regulations are different than the permanent marriage, including the fact that the couple can extend this contract by mutual agreement as the end of verse specifies.

Moreover, if we look at the Sunni commentaries of Quran, many Sunni scholars such as Fakhr al-Razi confirm that the above verse (4:24) was revealed about the Temporary Marriage (Mut'a). They straightforwardly mentioned that temporary marriage became Halaal (permitted) DUE TO the above verse, but they assert that it was later prohibited. It is astonishing that many Sunni commentators mentioned under the above verse that: Ali said: The Mut'a is a mercy from Allah to his servants. If it were not for Umar forbidding it, no one would commit (the sin) of fornication except the wretched (Shaqi; an utmost wrong-doer)." Tafsir al-Kabir, by al-Tha'labi, under commentary of verse 4:24 of Quran; - Tafsir al-Kabir, by Fakhr al-Razi, v3, p200, commentary of verse 4:24;

A very similar tradition has also been narrated by Ibn Abbas (RA), and was mentioned by al-Tabari and al-Tha'labi in their Tafsir of Quran. It is interesting to note that Umar did not attribute the prohibition of Mut'a to the Prophet (PBUH&HF). They were others who did that after Umar mainly to justify what he did. Umar clearly mentioned that: "Mut'a WAS permitted at the time of the Prophet and I PROHIBIT it!" The great Sunni scholar, Fakhr al-Razi, who has been given the title of "Imam al-Mushakkikeen" (the leader of ever-questioners/ever-doubtful) by the Sunnis, in his voluminous commentary of Quran mentioned under the verse of Temporary Marriage that: Umar said: Two types of Mut'a were (legal) during the time of the Prophet and I forbid them both, and I punish those who commit it. They are: Mut'a of pilgrimage and Mut'a of women. Tafsir al-Kabir, by al-Fakhr al-Razi, v3, p201 under verse 4:24 - Musnad Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, v1, p52

Also in another Sunni commentary it is reported that: Umar said, while on the pulpit: "O folk! Three were (allowed) during the time of the Messenger of Allah (PBUH&HF), and I forbid them, and make them Haraam, and punish on them. They were: Mut'a of women, Mut'a of Hajj (pilgrimage), and saying 'Hayya Ala Khair al-Amal'." Sharh Al-Tajreed, by al-Fadhil al-Qoshaji, (Imama Section) - al-Mustaniran, by al-Tabari

Remark: The third item mentioned above which was prohibited by Umar, is what is said in the Call for Prayer and Iqaamah after the phrase "Hayya Ala al-Falah", and it is practiced by the Shia to this date. It means "Hasten for the best deed". This part of call for prayer was abolished by Umar as well. Instead, he replaced it by the sentence: "Prayer is better than sleep"!

Who could we find better that Jabir Ibn Abdillah al-Ansari (RA), the great companion of the Prophet, who according to Sahih Muslim said: "Istamta'a means contracting temporary marriage" (Sahih Muslim, English version, v2, chapter DXLI titled: Temporary Marriage, Tradition #3246. Please see part II for the full Arabic text of the tradition).

Jabir did NOT relate "Istamta'a" to consuming the marriage in general. Furthermore, in the verse 4:24 Allah states, "...And there is no sin for you in what you both agree after fulfilling the duty (i.e., dowry of the first contract)". The mutual agreement after the duty refers to extending the period of temporary marriage after full payment of the previous dower, so that the woman can freely decide on the continuation of the marriage with no pressure or temptation. In this way, Allah encourages that people who are engaged in Mut'a will get more reward if they extend it to a bigger period (or perhaps convert it to a permanent marriage) by assigning a new dower after fulfilling the previous dower. Tafsir al-Tabari, by Ibn Jarir al-Tabari, under the verse 4:24, v8, p180.

Another reason for the fact that the dowry mentioned in the above verse does not refer to permanent marriage, is that Quran has already talked about the dowry for permanent marriage at the early part of the very same chapter by saying: 4:3 "...Marry women of your choice two or three or four; but if you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly (with them) then only one..." 4:4: "And give the women (of permanent marriage) their dower as a free gift"

It is clear that the above verses are about permanent marriage and the dowry associated with it. So there would be no need that Allah repeats it along with its associated dowry again in the very same chapter. However if Allah intended to discuss about Mut'a, then it is some thing new. And this can be inferred from the choice of words which Allah used in the verse of Mut'a (4:24) by using the derivative of Mut'a in contrast with the other verses around it.

Allah is discussing different types of marriages: first, permanent marriage in the verses before Verse 24, then temporary marriage in Verse 24, and then marriage with the slave girls in Verse 25. Thus Allah repeated the issue of dowry three times, one for permanent marriage, one for temporary marriage and one for the bondwomen.

Also many Sunni commentary books mentioned similar to the tradition of Sahih al-Bukhari (see part II) with more details and put it under the verse 4:24 of Quran: Imran Ibn Husain narrated: "The verse of Mut'a (4:24) was revealed in Allah's Book, and there did NOT came any other verse after that to abrogate it; and the Prophet ORDERED US to do it, so we did it at the time of Allah's Apostle, and he did not forbade us from it till he died. But a man (who regarded it illegal) expressed what his own mind suggested." Tafsir al-Kabir, by al-Tha'labi, under commentary of verse 4:24 of Quran

It is narrated that: Abu Nadhra said: Ibn Abbas (RA) recited the verse 4:24 with the addition of "to an appointed time". I said to him: "I did not read it this way." Ibn Abbas replied: "I swear by Allah, this is how Allah revealed it," and Ibn Abbas repeated this statement three times." Tafsir al-Kabir, by Ibn Jarir al-Tabari, under the verse 4:24, v8, p177, Tradition #9038

This verse was revealed towards the beginning of the Prophet's stay in Medina. By the revelation of this verse, the temporary marriage became a legal custom in Medina and was looked upon as one kind of marriage and was referred to by the term Istimta'a, the same word employed in the Quranic verse - even though the literal meaning of the word is "to seek benefit" or "to take enjoyment". Hence the meaning of the Quranic verse must be understood in terms of the conventional usage of the time, for as is well-known in the science of Quranic commentary and Islamic jurisprudence, the Quran follows the conventional usage of the people in all edicts and legal prescriptions. If someone wants to understand a word in the Quran in other than the conventional meaning of the time, he must supply a strong reason for doing so. Moreover if one looks up the traditions of the chapter of temporary marriage in the authentic Sunni collections such as Sahih al-Bukhari and Sahih Muslim, one can see that the messenger of Allah and his companions exactly used the word Istimta'a when referring to this contract, which is exactly the same word as what Quran employed.

As was indicated above, the Sunnis agree that at the beginning of Islam Mut'a was permitted. For example, Fakhr al-Din al-Razi (d. 606/1209), the famous Sunni theologian, writes in his Commentary on the Quran that Mut'a was at first permitted. The Prophet made a lesser pilgrimage (Umrah) to Mecca, and the women of Mecca made themselves up especially for the occasion. Some of the Companions complained about the long separation from their wives, and the Prophet replied: "Then go and enjoy (Istamta'a) these women." (Tafsir al-Kabir, by Fakhr al-Razi, v3, p286)

The Imam Ja'far was asked: "If the wife becomes pregnant as a result of Mut'a, to whom does the child belong?" He replied: "To the father," i.e., the child is legitimate. (Wasa'il al-Shia, v14, p488)

Ibn Abbas was asked: "Is Mut'a fornication or marriage?" He answered: 'Neither the one nor the other.' The questioner then asked: "Well then, what is it?" Ibn Abbas replied: "It is Mut'a', just as God has said." The questioner continued: "Is there a waiting period in Mut'a?" He replied: "Yes, a menstrual period." He was also asked: "Do the husband and wife inherit from each other?" He answered: "No." Reference: Tafsir al-Kabir, by Fakhr al-Razi, v3, p286

The Imam Ja'far (AS) considered Mut'a a divine mercy by means of which people were saved from the sin of fornication and delivered from God's retribution. Concerning the Quranic verse: "Whatsoever mercy God opens to men, none can withhold (35:2)," the Imam said: "Mut'a is part of that mercy." (Wasa'il al-Shia, v14, p439).

For Futher Detail On Muttah Marraige Visit to http://www.mutah.com
By peaceful_soul
I was talking to my sunni friends and they were telling me them muta was banned by the prophet

I m kind of confused coz when I read the tafseer by mir ahmed ali sura nisa verse 24 it say that it was umar was the one who banned it

Any ways this is the proof my friend gave me from this website

http://www.iol.ie/~afifi/BICNews/Person ... onal22.htm

The Shia themselves have a hadith narrated by Ali (r.a.a) which states that the Prophet made Mut'a haram on the day of Khaiber (Book of Tahdeeb: vol. 7, pg. 251, rewaya 10)…. In Book of Istebsar: vol. 3, pg. 142, rewaya 5, there is a declaration by Ali that Mut'a is haram.

just wondering is Book of Tahdeeb a shia book of hadith bcoz i was looking online and couldnt find any thing

also i dont understand the logic behind muta i mean isnt it the same thing is fornication

can some plz explain the logic behind this

thanks
Bismillahir Rahmaanir Rahim

As Salaamu ‘aleykum

It is very simple, Mut’a was never banned by the Prophet, nor is it Haram, nor does Imam Ali condemn this act and there is no such Hadith in the Shia books.

The Sunni Scholars banned Mut’a for their own specific reasons and the Holy Prophet did NOT. These are the same Scholars (False Khalifas) who called the Prophet “a sick man”, “mentally ill” and “old”. So believe what you want to from these False Khalifas. (In my latest studies, we came to find out that Khalifas were truthful and they never got against the Prophet nor did they call the Prophet sick, mentally ill or old. So the Sunni Scholars who snatched Imam Ali’s position (after the Holy Prophet had clearly mentioned Imam Ali’s lead after him in Ghadeer) are NOT Khalifas!)

The website that you’ve mentioned in your post has too many mistakes! The story in the beginning is clearly FAKE if you read properly. What is the minimum age for a girl to attend College?

The Hadiths are either made up or fake! I have already mentioned all this to my teacher and given him the website, he will Insha’Allah make it all clear soon.

Sunni’s are very smart and they play a lot of games with Shia’s these days! One needs to be very careful with such slow attacks which could lead you to question your own faith and bring up a disbelieve on the holy Imams.

Don’t get carried away with those lies and stop wasting your time on such things. Rather, try reading as many books you can if you care enough to understand Islam in a better way.

Tell me, why don’t these Sunnis talk about how they’ve insulted the Holy Prophet in their books? Talk about the Sahih Bukhari (of which they claim to be the 2nd most perfect book after the Holy Qur’an.) Lol! They crack me up!

They have insulted the Holy Prophet in such a way that you wouldn’t believe your eyes! And now, they are trying to change their books (Just like the Christians with their Bible). They are trying to change the Hadiths and the insults into a sweet writing. Indeed, these are the losers at the end of the day!

There has been thousands of Hadiths which have been proved to be nothing but lies! So what are a few that these Sunnis mention just to attack the pure path of Shias?

At the end of all arguments, would one argue with the Holy Qur’an? Qur’an mentions Mut’a and after this, no Sunni Khalifa can nullify it – period!

I suggest we buy books and read them before getting confused on these matters.

Dear Peaceful Soul, if Mut’a was fornication, then do you think our Grand Scholars would allow it? Mut’a is a solution to fornication (Prostitution). We have educated scholars who have studied their lives in these fields, then how come they don’t find such Hadiths that say Mut’a is Haram? I mean, Shias love Imam Ali, wouldn’t they not listen to him then? However, as I’ve said, Qur’an has given us all the answers we need so there’s nothing more to explain.

La’natullahi Ala Umar! Say this a few times and you’ll get a lot of Sawab!

Please let me know if there's any mistake with what I've provided. And let me know if you have any other problem regarding this issue. I could have provided you with a better answer but I have my exams going on at the Hawza so I hope you forgive me.

May Allah (s.w.a) guide you aright.
By peaceful_soul
Salaams

Thank you for your response

personaly, I believe the Quran is free from error (that is only the Arabic not the translation) the translation cannot be 100% accurate because ppl r translating it and furthermore one word in arabic has many different meanings in English

and also we know that we cannot exactly translate the Arabic in to English

I believe that imam ail was to succeed the prophet

However, I don't believe that all the hadiths we have are 100% authentic every time I ask how do we know that particular hadith is authentic I am told that people study the lives of the narrators and that is how they conclude is the hadith is authentic or not

Well if u think about it , it is impossible for the average person to study the life of all narrators

So basically we just put our faith in people who study these matters , which kind of scares me coz isn't that blind following

As muslims we are responsible for our actions on the day of judgment we cannot just say well all the scholars said it was right that's y we did it

Any ways getting back to muta , let us examine the concept of muta from the Holy Quran

Sura nisa ayat 24 as far as I know is the only ayat that has been used to justify muta

The verse can be broken into three parts

1. And (also forbidden are) all married women except those whom your right hands possess (this is) Allah's ordinance to you,

2. and lawful for you are (all women) besides those, provided that you seek (them) with your property, taking (them) in marriage not committing fornication.

3. Then as to those whom you profit by, give them their dowries as appointed; and there is no blame on you about what you mutually agree after what is appointed; surely Allah is Knowing, Wise.

Arabic : وَالْمُحْصَنَاتُ مِنَ النِّسَاء إِلاَّمَا مَلَكَتْ أَيْمَانُكُمْ كِتَابَ اللّهِ عَلَيْكُمْ وَأُحِلَّ لَكُم مَّا وَرَاء ذَلِكُمْ أَن تَبْتَغُواْ بِأَمْوَالِكُم مُّحْصِنِينَ غَيْرَ مُسَافِحِينَ فَمَا اسْتَمْتَعْتُم بِهِ مِنْهُنَّ فَآتُوهُنَّ أُجُورَهُنَّ فَرِيضَةً وَلاَ جُنَاحَ عَلَيْكُمْ فِيمَا تَرَاضَيْتُم بِهِ مِن بَعْدِ الْفَرِيضَةِ إِنَّ اللّهَ كَانَ عَلِيمًا حَكِيمً

the first part of the verse is a continuation from the previous verse. The middle part states that the non-mentioned woman are lawful, provided that the criteria for marriage is fulfilled. The last part of the verse from what we are told addresses muta

the word "istimta" means enjoyment when i read the tafseer of the quran i just dont seen how enjoyment can b replaced by the wrod muta

n also the whole concept of muta, how can a married man b allowed to have muta with other women without his wifes permission

honestly i dont c how muta is solving the problem of fornication

n a girl cant have muta without their fathers permision but a boy can

isnt it just like sayign guys u can go out there have ur fun its k

the fact that guys can do muta with ahla kitab makees it possible for boys in the west boys date non muslim girls n justfiy it using muta

i dont understand the logic behind this concept n the quran doenst directly say "muta or tem marriage"

it use the word istimta

may b what i m asking is plz some help me understand how 4:24 justifies muta n explain the logic behind muta

thanks
By Muntazir
Bismillahir Rahmaanir Rahim

As Salaamun 'aleykum

The best Qur’anic version and explanation is by Shaikh Qomi Ali Qarai.

peaceful_soul:
I believe that imam ail was to succeed the prophet
Imam Ali (a.s) is in no doubt to be the leader, guardian and the guide for the believers after the Holy Prophet (s.a.w.w). He (s.a.w.w) repeatedly used the following titles for Imam Ali (a.s) in his (s.a.w.w) sermon:

Wali and Mawla (guardian) 15 times
Imam (leader) 12 times
Amir (commander) 7 times
Wasi (executor of the will and deputy of the affairs) 7 times
Akh (brother) 4 times
Khalifa (successor) 3 times, and
Hadi (guide) 3 times

Do people then, still have doubts about his (a.s) leadership?

“…This day have I perfected for you your religion and completed…” (05:03)

You even wrote:
However, I don't believe that all the hadiths we have are 100% authentic every time I ask how do we know that particular hadith is authentic I am told that people study the lives of the narrators and that is how they conclude is the hadith is authentic or not
This is not only to it. There is a whole process that takes place before authenticating of the Ahadith. Please guide yourself through a few reliable books. The prohibition of recording the Hadith should be useful.

You wrote:
As Muslims we are responsible for our actions on the Day of Judgment we cannot just say well all the scholars said it was right that's y we did it
Indeed, Allah (s.w.a) has given us 'Aql. Try to think of something 7 times before doing it, according to a reliable source.

You wrote:
the word "istimta" means enjoyment when i read the tafseer of the quran i just dont seen how enjoyment can b replaced by the wrod muta
Matt'a or 'Amta - To give (a dowry) to a divorced woman). To let a. o. enjoy a. th. long (God).

Tamta' or 'Amtata' or Astamta' - To enjoy

Mut'a or Mit'a - Enjoyment, use.

Mut'a attalaaq - Dowry given to a divorced woman.

Tamattu or Astimtaa' - Enjoyment. License to carry on a trade.

See p. 706, on the left section, Arabic English Dictionary (For Advanced Students) (Al Faraa'id Ad-darriyya) J.G. HAVA (GoodWord books)

However, I would like to Quote something you said before that will give you your own answer to it:
personaly, I believe the Quran is free from error (that is only the Arabic not the translation) the translation cannot be 100% accurate because ppl r translating it and furthermore one word in arabic has many different meanings in English

and also we know that we cannot exactly translate the Arabic in to English
You wrote:
n also the whole concept of muta, how can a married man b allowed to have muta with other women without his wifes permission
Islam does not permit such action. Islam teaches us to keep good relations with our family, friends, wife, kids and all other people, then isn't it obvious that the contract of Mut'a with another woman (if contracted without his wife's consent) would definitely create problems between his wife?

You wrote:
n a girl cant have muta without their fathers permision but a boy can
A girl is allowed to wear Gold and silk, but a boy is warned!

A girl is the entire family's hope and reputation. A small mistake could corrupt a girl's reputation and her family's, while the boy can still survive and bring his respect back, as for the girl, it will be a matter of life and death!

Girls are sensitive, emotional, delicate, full of patience and loving, while guys are a little lower when it comes to all that.

Imagine if the Holy Prophet didn't allow Mut'a? Try to figure out the advantages and disadvantages by writing them on a piece of paper, it will help in understanding the differences.

However, there are some cases where a girl is allowed to contract Mut'a without anyone's permission. There are plenty of books on Mut'a that can be found at the Tabligh book store.

Another good point to which I think is very important: Would you ever accept your daughter to have Mut'a without your permission? You wouldn't even allow it to your son on the first place. However, you will always come to understand his situation, rather, advice your daughter to self-control or either discuss about marriage. (Please correct me if I'm wrong)

You wrote:
the fact that guys can do muta with ahla kitab makees it possible for boys in the west boys date non muslim girls n justfiy it using muta
Dear, you need to understand a lot of things, most importantly; you need to stop comparing yourself with Men. A lot of reliable traditions, proofs, scientific proofs and even a verse in the Holy Qur'an proves that women are different to Men. Hazrat Adam and Bibi Hawa had different orders. And on the first place, having a doubt about Mut'a, doubts our beloved Prophet (s.a.w.w).

Yes, it is absolutely true that a lot of people are misusing this good act of Mut'a. Who is not misusing what these days? It is upon every individual to understand the truth and the right ways of everything they do. Complaining about what others do would not solve the problem. Try to acquire more from it and make it available for the wrong doers.

If a woman was allowed to have Mut'a with a non-Muslim, and if she got a child, the child would be of complete different characteristics than the child by a Muslim man with a non-Muslim woman. In Mut'a, a man has to finance the child whether it's a Muslima or a non, would the Muslima's parents or husband allow to finance the child whose father is a non-Muslim? I think there would be a lot of problems in its current situation and in the future! Anyway, let's say if the mother is responsible and independent, and she can finance the child, would she then be able to get married with a Muslim? No one would accept her child right? Let's just say if someone had the feelings for her and the child and accepted her, and they were happy until the boy in his teenage met his real father! What then? There are so many problems that a girl could face. It’s not that Islam doesn't want the woman to have her freedom on certain areas, but Islam really cares about the woman and her reputation. (Please correct me if I'm wrong)

You wrote:
i dont understand the logic behind this concept n the quran doenst directly say "muta or tem marriage"

it use the word istimta
I think I've clearly explained this above. However, you can get more details from other sources. Don't give up with your questions here, try to find out further.

I hope this helps.

Please forgive me if I’ve made any mistakes. Do not hesitate to correct me. And let me know if there are any further misunderstandings on this subject, I will Insha’Allah, by the help of Allah (s.w.a), try to answer them if I’m capable of it.

Thank you.
By peaceful_soul
s/a
thank u 4 ur response
u explained y it would b unrealistic 4 a women to muta as all the consequences she would have to face with it
which kind of makes sense but I still don’t understand the logic behind the fact that man can do muta
what I m asking for is what is the reason that muta is allowed ?
is it there so man can just fulfill their desires or are there other logical explanations
By Fatimah Zahra Karim
wa alaykum salaam

Islam is a practical religion. If Muta were advantageous only to men, and disadvantageous for women, Islam would not have allowed it. Islam, contrary to some people's opinion, is not a Man's religion, but a social religion. It does not promote anything where many people are harmed. The Prophet (saw) is quoted to have said 'As a man's Iman increases, his regard for women also increases'. Why would The Prophet (saw), who was the pinnacle of Iman, legislate something that is detrimental to the women in the society?

Just my thoughts...
By abuali
Thanks Fatimah for introducing your line of thought.

I think you have shown us a very useful way of approaching questions regarding faith.

Foremost, we have to believe with all our being that Allah is One and He is All Good and Most Beneficient and Merciful

Secondly, Allah sent the Holy Prophet as a blessing to mankind (not only to Muslims) and Allah said in the Quran that everything the Prophet does and says is a direct order from Allah.

From here on it would be extremely easy, with references from various sources, to come to the conclusion that Muta was allowed by the Holy Prophet and practiced by him (beyond any doubt).

Then, comes the argument that a khalifa overruled a decree of the prophet. This apart from being very weak (no khalifa can override the Prophet) can also be countered. If khalifa's can override the previous ruling, then Imam Ali (AS) re-allowed Muta after the khalifa who disallowed it.

If anyone of us goes out tonight, wherever in the world we may be and just observe the behaviour of people (and this so in public) and then spend some quality time pondering on the causes of such problems, we may be able to realise the importance of the open acceptance and promotion of early marriage and muta (with all the conditions and exceptions in place).

it is to be noted that spinsters (unmarried and virgin) are strongly discouraged from entering into a Muta contract. Parents should be aware of the maturity of their children and encourage and help to get them married as early as possible. The youths are also responsible for communicating with their parents and letting them know of the need for early marriage.
By sadika
that was very educational. thanx all

https://youtu.be/-3CI0FBr5ss?si=UNYS9HXtS24Gbr-P

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 7

*Dua for Day 7 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom)

Short Tafsir on Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom) - Part […]

Ramadan Daily Duas - Day 6

*Dua for Day 6 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline