Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
The decision to marry is one of great importance. How early should this decision be made? How early is too early? And everythign else about marriage
By qarrar
Muhammad Mahdi wrote:I dont have any marja's book, but the 40 yr old theory is more prominent within the sunnis, according to some, as a way to lower her status
Most reports suggest that she was born 15 years before 'Amu'l Fil, thus she was about 15 years older than the Prophet (S.A.W).
By abuali
Qarrar...does the above quote imply that you are more inclined towards the 40yr old theory because 'most' reports suggest that?

Until now I was of the opinion that Bibi Khadija only had one surviving child, Bibi Fatema(AS) and the other children were actually adopted by her.
By qarrar
hasin wrote:Qarrar...are more inclined towards the 40yr old theory...? Until now I was of the opinion that Bibi Khadija only had one surviving child, Bibi Fatema(AS) and the other children were actually adopted by her.
Well yes I am more inclined towards the 40yr old theory and you are correct in saying that Bibi Fatema (as) was their only surviving child. But Bibi Khadija did have other children, for example before every majlis in the preamble the zakirs state Abil Qasim e Muhammed (saw) (father of Qasim Mohammed (saw)). It was after the death of Qasim that Sura e Kauther was revealed and if I am not mistaken Qasim did not die very young.
By abuali
Well yes I am more inclined towards the 40yr old theory and you are correct in saying that Bibi Fatema (as) was their only surviving child. But Bibi Khadija did have other children, for example before every majlis in the preamble the zakirs state Abil Qasim e Muhammed (saw) (father of Qasim Mohammed (saw)). It was after the death of Qasim that Sura e Kauther was revealed and if I am not mistaken Qasim did not die very young.
I was referring to children before her marriage to the Holy Prophet.
By abuali
apart from the reason of 'most' reports inclining towards the 40yr old theory (pleast note, the most is not accompanied by authentic), any other reasons for inclining towards the 40yr old theory?

As for the death of Qasim (isnt he known as Ibrahim too?), I will have to research before I can say much. I am afraid I do not know much about his life.

As for sura-e-kauthar...it was revealed when the arabs and enemies of the Holy Prophet made a habit of calling him 'Abtar' (the one who cant have any offspring). Thats when Sura-e-Kauhtar was revealed announcing the glad tidings of Bibi Fatema (AS)
By Muhammad
hasin wrote:
I was referring to children before her marriage to the Holy Prophet.
i thought the wives of prophet only got married to him(they didnt have other spouses)...how can they have children before getting married to him?

https://youtu.be/-3CI0FBr5ss?si=UNYS9HXtS24Gbr-P

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 7

*Dua for Day 7 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom)

Short Tafsir on Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom) - Part […]

Ramadan Daily Duas - Day 6

*Dua for Day 6 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline