Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
This is the place to post articles on any issue which doesn not fit under any other category or forum
salaams sister

i guess some things left alone alone are better, as all this posts not a single response from world federation has come, seems they are avoiding.As per parents they cant come forwRD so easily as their kids security
is concerned.
Salaams
Please take action , have alcohol test on school bus driver.as the
Latest complaint of parent she smelled alchohol on driver couple of times.
If whoever can take action pls do asap.
By sadika
wats happening with this project?

i heard frm a sister of a student tat there r possible cases of sexual abuse of students

hw come no parents or staff is commenting
By abuali
(bismillah)
(salam)

These allegations are very serious. They need to be verified or refuted. The children who attend the center are disabled and helpless which puts the responsibility on the shoulders of the rest of us.

I tried exploring the issues with the parents of the children who attend the center. Some very serious issues came up:

1. All parents i spoke to complained that there arent enough skilled staff at the center to cater for the needs of the autistic children. The management, they say, is aware and always say that they are looking for suitable candidates but cannot find any in Dar es Salaam.

Imagine my surprise when i came to know about a qualified person in Dar es Salaam who had offered to work full time with the center for free but was ignored by the center.

2. Most parents i spoke to are concerned about abuse because of the words and phrases that their children repeat at home. Tge words and phrases are clues to possible sexual abuse. I further queried if its possible tgat the children are being abused elsewhere apart from the school. The parents say that their autistic children go from home to the center and from the center back to home. So only possible places of abuse are:
a. At the center
b. In the bus (apparently there is a bus owned by the center that provides transport inclusive in the fees).

3. Without exception all parents i spoke to were not ready to give any information unless i make a promise never to disclose their identities. They feared repercurssions from the center. Apparently a parent who dared to be vocal was punished by removing the chd from the center. Having no real alternatives for schooling their children in dar es salaam parents are forced to bear these issues while keeping mum.
By abuali
I am requesting members of Ask who know parents or siblings of the students who attend the school, to ask the parents/siblings if they have noticed any of the above issues and their general opinion about the 'World Federation Autistic Centre'.

Parents who may be reading this: Your input is crucial if you feel something is wrong. If you feel all the above are false allegations then also your input is crucial.
salaams Brother

It was a shelved issue unsolved i thought, but was glad when i aw the post... JazakAllah.

We are currently in the month where our Alims are narrating to us about the way truth was brought
forward by our Imam HUssein AS .This is issue needs truth too,light and some actions from Parents
as well the WORLD FEDERATION TOO.

Its so true a child was SET OFF when parent tried to raise voice,this is shamefull act.

Well seems the ICING OF THE CAKE here is being enjoyed mutually so the matter is not taken accross to the high authorities or if being taken then some body there in FEDERATION is sitting on it.

Anyways looks like matter needs some good action by changing the committee of the AutisticCentre, which is a one man show who is not answerable to any one except to himself.(HE IS FORGETTING ALLAH SWT) as IS all watcher.

I hope for the best to happen INSHA ALLAH

UMME

(b
By abuali
ummekulsum wrote:Its so true a child was SET OFF when parent tried to raise voice,this is shamefull act.
Such an action is totally unacceptable.

Is WF aware about this? Are the board in charge of this institution aware of this? ( Dr. Abbas is the Board Chairman I am told).
Br AbuALI

Its so true the child was set off when a parent raised voice, and yes DR ABBAS IS THE CHAIR MAN ,(MR HAIDER CHANDOO IS ADMINISTRATOR ), DR ABBAS who am sure is not aware of whats happening UNDER his leadership here is getting under doubt, however if some body can contact him, I spoke to mother of child who was set off , to come forward but she denied as recently she had sour experience when she did speak one of the officials....she is very upset for the whole situation.

Please lets not be quite and do something for the sake of the DISABLE STUDENTS who are victims of these evil
ACTS

AHSANALLAH

UMME
By abuali
I am sure some of us may know Dr. Abbas or Br. Haider Chandoo personally.

I suggest, if possible, those of us who do have contacts with either of the above or anyone else who is directly involved with the project, we should discuss this concerns with them and see what their point of view is.

I also suggest if we can contact WF and ask them if they are aware of these issues.
abuali wrote:I am sure some of us may know Dr. Abbas or Br. Haider Chandoo personally.

I suggest, if possible, those of us who do have contacts with either of the above or anyone else who is directly involved with the project, we should discuss this concerns with them and see what their point of view is.

I also suggest if we can contact WF and ask them if they are aware of these issues.
I doubt any one is going to take the initiative here. If you know them, I suggest you contact them perosnally for immediate results
Br Mahdi

You absolutely are correct no one will take initiative to go forward to speak to them, PLUS no one else is
from DAR ES SALAAM or AFRICA has been *involved*in this project from very begining , I GUESS BROTHIS SAYS ALL. [down]

Well those readers who know any online forum of WF can perhaps help us with the posting or send us the ADDRESS so we may do.

Its a duty of allthe readers i feel to take some steps even if baby steps, to bring out this truth,as the school needs pure dedicated leaders working with pure heart.

They say building a SCHOOL OR MADRESSA is thawab that builds your house in JANNAT, So people lets
build fresh the falling PROJECT AND GIVE IT UNDER THE HANDS OF RIGHT LEADERSHIP.

Thanks and Best Regards

umme (jazakallah)
HOW TO IDENTIFY IF THE CHILD IS BEING ABUSED IN THE SCHOOL WHILE YOU WITH THEM;

For children with special education needs, the usual risk factors for child abuse such as dependence, vulnerability and teachers stress are intensified. In fact, a study from the National Center on Child Abuse and Neglect (NCCAN) found that children with special needs are maltreated at 1.7 times the rate of other children and indicate that underreporting is a major concern due to communication issues and negative myths about disabilities.

Blames or criticizes the child. For example – “Can’t you ever pay attention to what I tell you?”, “ I told you never to do that” these are the very common terms used by helpers and teachers who have tendency to abuse children.

--Some children are such a pain. MOHD is one of them”, “sAKINA has nothing good going on for her, she’s just too ordinary.”

In 9 out of 10 cases, children don’t tell anyone if they have been sexually abused. It’s up to us adults to recognize behaviors that make them vulnerable to sexual abuse or notice the signs that abuse has occurred.

Stop It Now, BEFORE YOUR COMING GENERATION BECOMES A VICITIM TOO.
By qamar
worldfederation website should have their contacts. a link to this discussion can be sent to them for their information

its hard to believe that the board (chairman and his committee) or wf are unaware of such serious issues. its worrying that they are not defending themselves. if these accusations are false why stay quiet? why expel a child?

who is dr abbas by the way?
I wonder too bro, or is the silence meaning the accusations are right and they have no answers????
Well Dr Abbas is doctor running diabetes clinic in KARIAKOO, and was in medical committee a decade back or so and resigned !
How ever expelling a child is serious issue indeed.

DSM education BOARD WE NEED YOUR HELP, SERIOUSLY AS UNDER YOUR UMBRELLA I GUESS THE SCHOOL
WILL SURVIVE BETTER AS CAN SEE ALMUNTAZIR STREAM MASHALLAH

REGARDS
Umee
Ramadhan Daily Duas- # 17

Dua for Day 17 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah, […]

https://youtu.be/hk2bRbbavCY?si=6Y53rBBj5rHfPNmw

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 16

*Dua for Day 16 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O Allah[…]

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 15

Dua for Day 15 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah G[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline