The Infallibles lives

This is the place to post articles on any issue which doesn not fit under any other category or forum
Dayyanah Karim
Ask Member
Ask Member

The Infallibles lives

Postby Dayyanah Karim » 20 Feb 2010, 20:39

Salaams

I have a great idea about starting a discussion on the lives of the 14 infallibles.

This is how it will go.
Someone will post a story about any infallible (with the source of this information if possible) and once you have opened that post, you are obliged to either comment on the information posted, or post some other info
The stories can go in random there is no specific sequence.
This way, even if we are just sitting at home, we can do something useful by opening a few pages.

This is not a waste of time. Its just continuing the work Bibi Zanab started after Karbala

Samuel Goldwyn - "I'm willing to admit that I may not always be right, but I am never wrong." :D
Muhammad Mahdi - "Photography is a form of hunting where that which is shot, lives forever"
Dayyanah Karim
Ask Member
Ask Member

Re: The Infallibles lives

Postby Dayyanah Karim » 21 Feb 2010, 19:21

Imam Hassan Askari (AS)

There was once a man who got an opportunity to visit Imam. before he left his home town he decided that he would ask Imam for a rare stone that he can emboss into a ring. That ring would always remind him of the visit to the holy Imam.

He went to the Imam, sat and talked to him, but was so much overwhelmed by the presence of the noble Imam that he entirely forgot about asking for a rare stone. As it was time to leave, he bade farewell and left. just as he left Imam called him back slipped off a ring from his holy finger, and said to the man, "here take this, for this is what your heart desired.

Samuel Goldwyn - "I'm willing to admit that I may not always be right, but I am never wrong." :D
Muhammad Mahdi - "Photography is a form of hunting where that which is shot, lives forever"
abuali
Ask Admin

Postby abuali » 09 Feb 2011, 00:51

(wasalam)

Thats an amazing idea. We will inshallah get to learn so much.

Here is a story I came across about Imam Hassan (as)

Once the ruler of Rome asked Imam Hasan (a.s.): "Which are the creations which were born without a mother and father or Male and Female?" and Imam Hasan (a.s.) replied:

These are 7 creations: Hazrat Adam (a.s.), Hazrat Hawwa (a.s.), the lamb which was sent in place of Hazrat Ismaeel (a.s.), the camel of Hazrat Saleh (a.s.), the serpent of Hazrat Moosa (a.s.), Iblees and the crow that taught the method of burial to Qabeel son of Hazrat Adam (a.s.).

source: http://www.ezsoftech.com/stories/imamhassan1.asp
abuali
Ask Admin

Postby abuali » 09 Feb 2011, 00:52

I was not aware that Iblis was created without a father or mother!
Muhammad Mahdi
Ask Addict
Ask Addict

Postby Muhammad Mahdi » 09 Feb 2011, 18:43

I too never tot about Iblees's parents but come to think of it, when he was told to prostrate to Adam, he said He was superior coz he was made from fire while Adam was made from clay. Maybe he was referring to being created out of actual fire as Adam was molded from clay.
The educated man has the right to manipulate the ignorant, if the ignorance of the of the ignorant is due to his own ignorance.
Umm.aly
Ask Mod

Postby Umm.aly » 09 Feb 2011, 21:58

Interesting! So what about angels? Are they created directly? or do they enjoy the same family system we do? :confused:
/\/\ |=|
qamar
Ask Novice
Ask Novice

Postby qamar » 11 Feb 2011, 16:09

phew tough qn!
Muhammad Mahdi
Ask Addict
Ask Addict

Postby Muhammad Mahdi » 11 Feb 2011, 19:42

and if shaytan was directly made from fire, was he the grand daddy of the jinns?
The educated man has the right to manipulate the ignorant, if the ignorance of the of the ignorant is due to his own ignorance.
abuali
Ask Admin

Postby abuali » 17 Feb 2011, 00:23

I think the question and answer were referring to terrestrial creatures. Therefore angels may not be included in the question.

It does look like Iblees was the father of Jins.
Muhammad Mahdi
Ask Addict
Ask Addict

Postby Muhammad Mahdi » 17 Feb 2011, 04:04

Any other good stories anybody has?
abuali
Ask Admin

Postby abuali » 17 Feb 2011, 17:09

[Shakir 54:1] The hour drew nigh and the moon did rend asunder.
[Pooya/Ali Commentary 54:1]

The reference is a famous miracle of the Holy Prophet, recorded in several authentic traditions of the companions, particularly of the Ahl ul Bayt whose evidence is always true, performed at the insistent demand of the pagans and the Jews. The Jews who saw this miracle became Muslims but Abu Jahl said: "This is magic continuous". It is written in the Book of Joshua 10: 13: "So the sun stood still and the moon halted until a nation had taken vengeance on its enemies." So the Jews and the Christians cannot deny the possibility of "divine adjustment" in the solar system.

Some commentators think that the past tense is used here for the future-the moon will be rent asunder at the approach of the resurrection. Firstly authentic traditions relate the cleaving asunder of the moon, secondly the observation "this is magic continuous" in verse 2 leaves no room for the speculation of the enemies of the Holy Prophet. Even the Qadiani commentators, who habitually deny miracles, accept the incident to have taken place.

Here is a picture from NASA [http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap021029.html] that many people have connected to the above miracle:

Muhammad Mahdi
Ask Addict
Ask Addict

Postby Muhammad Mahdi » 18 Feb 2011, 03:24

Could you please provide a description of the miracle itself?

Return to “General Issues”