Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
This is the place to post articles on any issue which doesn not fit under any other category or forum
By *SweetY*
Salaam Alykum,
I wanted to ask if anoyone knows why numaaz timings are different for different types of Muslims?
By Muhammad Mahdi
After the Prophet, the Muslims followed different leaders. Some leaders like the Ahlul Bayt were guided by Allah. Others followed their own thinking.

It is natural that not all people will think alike. Hence these new leaders altered the original laws and 'corrected' them. Hence the different timings for different Muslims.
By *SweetY*
k can u explain to me how numaaz time is determined please..!
By abuali
I think its got to do with the definitions of sunrise and sunset.

all muslims agree about fajr being due before first light and maghrib at sunset and zohr at overhead sun.

The difference is in the very very minor difference in the definition of first light, overhead sun and sunset.

A very minor difference.
By *SweetY*
oh i was having this discussion the other day and i was told it is because we add 10minutes to numaaz time for precaution, as in if the sunser was 8.10 we would pray at 8.20 as the timings estimated for sunset can be wrong and it is better to pray a few minutes after the time than a few minutes early as then it would be invalid.

Sheikh Murtudha Alidina explains about laylatul Qa[…]

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 18

*Dua for Day 18 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O Allah[…]

Short Tafsir on Maudhatain surahs - Suratul Fil an[…]

Short talk on Imam Hasan (a.s.) on the occasion of[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline