Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
This is the place to post articles on any issue which doesn not fit under any other category or forum
By *SweetY*
I was just wondering, what religion was Yazid and his army, as in I knwo they were muslim by name but what type of muslims?
By Zaheer
Mite be sunni's because what i know was that umar was hatting imam Ali and when imam ali was martyred the revenge fell over Imam Hussain . AS SUNNI"S ALWAYS HATE IMAM ALI.

If I'm Rong Please Correct me. As i heard that from a majlis...
By Muhammad Mahdi
AS SUNNI"S ALWAYS HATE IMAM ALI.
Actually they dont. Sunnis do respect imam ali but do not give him the respect he deserves.

Yazid was not a muslim, because after gaining caliphate, he said that there was no prophethood and bani hashim had forged a lie.
By Zaheer
YES. Muhammad Mehdi is CORRECT
By abuali
It is a normal misconception that our brethren Ahle Sunnah hate Imam Ali (AS).

Nothing can be further from the truth. The average Ahle Sunnah / Sunnis normally love and revere Imam Ali (AS).

It is only certain people who have alterior motives and evil minds, who want to spread fitna that try and spread hatred for the Ahle Bayt. However its almost impossible to do so with personalities such as our Imams whose every action resulted in mercy and love towards others.

The sunnis do not consider Yazid to be a muslim neither do any muslim community that I know of. He is cursed for eternity.
By Reyhana
Yazid[may Allah's curse be upon him] was a Nasibi[those who hate Ahlul Bayt] and there r Nasibis\wahabbis believing in him as the 6th khalifa of muslims.They have even praised him in their books and fabricated hadith in his favour.For more information click on the link below;
http://www.answering-ansar.org/answers/ ... /chap1.php
By Reyhana
THREE DREADFUL CRIMES OF YAZID IBN MUAWIYA

The First Dreadful Crime: Killing Abu Abdillah Al-Husain (as).

Yazid son of Muawiya with that inhuman and wicked qualities in his first year of his rule martyred the “Leader of the Youth of the Paradise” Abu Abdullah al-Husain(A.S.) and his family and companions in that tragic state.

The Second Dreadful Crime: Killing and raping thousands of Residents of Madina and Desecrating Masjid Nabavi

In his second year of his rule he created the deplorable incident of “Harrah” which blackened the pages of history. The people of Madinah after the martyrdom of Imam Husain (A.S.) came to know the evils of Yazid and refused to obey him and threw out the agents of Yazid from Madinah.

Yazid on previous advice of his father Muawiya, sent a heartless and bloody old man Muslim ibn Aqbah with a strong army towards the holy tomb of Prophet of Islam (S.A.W.) at Madinah. The army of Yazid in that holy city committed such heinous crimes that the pen is ashamed to describe it.

The army of Yazid confronted the people of Madinah within a mile from Madinah, at a place called “Harrah” in the command of Abdullah ibn Hanzala. A fierce battle took place. The people of Madinah who could not defend themselves took refuge in the tomb sanctuary of Holy Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W.). The Syrian Yazidi army entered Madinah. They broke the sanctity of that holy place and shed the blood of the people so much so that the holy mosque (Masjid Nabawi) was filled with blood which even reached Holy Prophet’s grave.

Their horses impured the Masjid by passing urine and dung. Among the persons who killed were seven hundred people who were famous for piety and nobility. Others who were massacred consisted of ten thousand innocent men, women and children.

The Syrian Yazidi commander left free the army to loot and rape. The shameless Syrian Yazidi army began the plunder and rape. Thousands of girls and women got pregnant those newborns later called “The Children of Harrah”. It is narrated that Yazidi army even committed rape in Masjid un-Nabawi.

A Sample Yazid’s Cruelty to the People of Madinah

Ibn Qutaibah in his book “Al-Imamah va Siyasah” described:

“One of the army man entered a woman’s house who had recently delivered a baby. Her new born baby was sucking milk in the lap of her mother. The man told that lady: Have you got money? She said: I swear God, the Syrian army did not left a single coin for me.
The army man said: Bring some thing for me else I will kill you and your infant.

The woman cried: Woe upon you, this is the child of Prophet’s companion (sahabi). I also gave oath of allegiance to Prophet (S.A.W.) at “Shajara Allegiance”, and pointing her infant told: My child, I swear God, if I have something, I will surely sacrifice upon you”.

Suddenly that accursed man snatched the infant’s leg who was sucking milk and pulled him away from mother’s lap and hit him to the wall. So that the infant’s brain got scattered before her mother’s eyes and spread all over the floor.
The narrator said: As the accursed army man was stepping out of that house his face blackened at once. This incident became an idiom among the people of Madinah.

The depth of the Harrah tragedy was so much that for along period when a man wanted to marry his daughter he was unable to give the guarantee of his daughters maidenhood.

Then the Yazidi army took allegiance from the people of Madinah, to be the slaves of Yazid. It was upon his will to leave them or made them slaves. The people of Madinah though their property plundered, blood shed and their women raped and molested, all of them gave allegaince “Bayyat” to Yazid except the fourth holy Imam of the Shi’ites Imam Zainul Abedin(A.S.).

The criminal Muslim Ibn Aqbah sent slaughtered heads of the people of Madinah to Yazid at Damascus (Syria). As the heads were presented before Yazid he said: “I wish my forefathers who were killed in the battle of Badr would be alive and see how I took revenge with the Prophet of Islam and Muslims”.

The Third Dreadful Crime: The Army of Yazid Set Ablaze and Destroyed Holy Kaaba

After suppressing and plundering people of Madinah, Muslim ibn Aqabah started towards Makkah to crush Abdullah ibn Zubair.

Finally Hasin ibn Namir took the leadership of the Syrian Yazidi army and attacked Makkah. When Abdullah ibn Zubair took refuge in Masjid al- Haram and Kaaba, they stoned Kaaba with catapult war machine and with cloth in kerosene oil and what ever inflammable in hand, they threw upon upon so that Holy Kaaba was burnt and demolished.

It is narrated that the Syrian army commander ordered to hit the Holy Kaaba daily with ten thousand stones. In the meantime as the Syrian army was attacking Holy Kaaba and destroying the holy place, Allah Almighty gave Yazid no chance and took away his life. He was still under the age of forty.

Yazid in the period of only three years caliphate committed heinous crimes. In his first year of rule he martyred Sayyid ush- Shuhada Imam Husain (A.S.) and captivated his whole family. In his second year of rule allowed his army to kill, loot and transgress the chastity of women in the holy city of Madinah. In the third year of his rule he set ablaze the Holy Kaaba and demolished the holy place.
The reason for the the death of Yazid some said: He was drunk so much, that while dancing fell down upon his head and died.

Others said: He was killed buy a bedouin Arab in the desert. When Yazid got alone in chase of hunt, he introduced himself to Arab who got furiated and said: ‘You are the murderer of Husain ibn Ali’, thus the Arab killed Yazid on the spot. His body was buried in ‘Bab Saghir” in Damascus. Now that place has been changed into rubbish heap.

Masudi in “Muruj az-Zahab” said: Yazid used to booze openly in public on the footsteps of Pharoah (Firaun). Rather Firaun was better than Yazid. Following Yazid, his agents too started debauchery overtly before people. In the period of Yazid’s caliphate singing and dancing were performed openly among people. Musical instruments were in use and alcohol was consumed freely in public.

Compiled by: Parveen Beenesh, Hyderabad, India
By Reyhana
Yes, it is even written by ahle sunnat scholars that:
He clearly rejected Allah's Prophet and his message [THE HOLY QURAN]:

Its written in Tadhkira, Maqatil and Shadraat al-Dhahab and is also found in the Arabic (non-Leiden) version of the History of Al-Tabari:

When the head of Husayn (as), the grandson of the Holy prophet (saws), was presented before Yazeed he recited the couplets of the kaafir Zubayri:

"Banu Hashim staged a play for Kingdom there was no news from the skies nether was there any revelation"
In Tafseer Ruh al Ma'ani it is stated clearly:

"Yazeed the impure denied the Prophethood of Rasulullah (s). The treatment that he meted out to the people of Makka, Medina and the family of the Prophet proves that he was a kaafir

When Imam Hussain was martyred, he [la'anallah] said:

"Following the murder of Husayn, Yazeed said 'I avenged the killing of my kaafir relatives in Badr through killing the family of the Prophet". {'' Sharh Fiqh Akbar'' }

Yazeed and his associates did Kufr with the bounties of Allah. They deemed it their aim to have a grudge against the progeny of the Prophet (s) and murdered Hussain (ra) with oppression and Yazeed did Kufr with the religion of Prophet (s) to the extent that Yazeed recited the following couplets over the murder of Hussain (ra)

'Where are my ancestors, they should come and see that I have take revenge from the progeny of the Prophet and Bani Hashim'.]And the last prose is:

'I would not be from the progeny of Jandab had I not taken revenge from the progeny of Ahmad for whatever they had done.'

Tafseer Mazhari [Arabic], Volume 5 page 271, commentary of 14:29

NOTE:The above citations prove that Yazeed was a kaafir.He clearly rejected the messanger of Allah and his message [Holy Quran] and killed the ONE for whom Holy Prophet said:

In Adaab al Mufarad, page 17 we read:

"The Prophet (s) said Husayn is from me and I am from Husayn"

In Mirqaat, Qadhi Iyad states:

"Our Prophet via Prophetic knowledge and revelation knew that his grandson Husayn would be martyred fighting Yazeed bin Mu'awiya, that is why the Prophet made a specific reference about him, stating he shared three qualities with him (s), 1. Loving both is compulsory 2. Disrespecting both is a sin 3. Fighting both is haraam and a sin"

"Allah's Messenger (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said regarding Ali, Fatima, Hasan and Husayn (Allah be pleased with them all): I am at peace with those with whom you make peace and I am at war with those with whom you make war"
Imam Ibn Habban has included this hadith in his collection of 'Sahih' Hadiths (Sahih Ibn Habban Volume 15 page 433), Imam Hakim declared it 'Hasan' (al-Mustadrak, Volume 3 page 161) and Imam Nasiruddin Albaani al-Salafi also declared it 'Hasan' (Al-Jame'a al-Saghir wa Ziadateh, page 235).

From the above isnt it clear that by killing Imam Hussein a.s ,Yazid la'anallah waged war with THE HOLY PROPHET and spilled his blood???????????????

. Isnt it surprising and a matter of great disgust that the wahabbis who claim to be muslims believe in YAZEED LA'ANALLAH as [1] MUSLIM [2] KHALIFATUL MUSLIMEEN and even say radhiallahu anhu after mentioning his name??????????
Ramadhan Daily Duas- # 17

Dua for Day 17 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah, […]

https://youtu.be/hk2bRbbavCY?si=6Y53rBBj5rHfPNmw

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 16

*Dua for Day 16 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O Allah[…]

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 15

Dua for Day 15 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah G[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline