Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
This is the place to post articles on any issue which doesn not fit under any other category or forum
By *SweetY*
Does anybody know any other wedding nasheed besides Wedding Song by Zain Bikha ?! =)
By Mazhar
Salam
I dont know abt any wedding nasheeds but i do have a question regarding nasheeds
Are we allowed to listen to them personally i ve only heard like 1 nasheed something abt hijab honestly before the words started i thought its regular music only when i asked was i told its a nasheed.so where do we draw the line how can we tell if its allowed or not?Any ideas
By *SweetY*
Salaam, well thats the thing some nasheeds actually have music and stuff in them and we are not allowed but others have no muscial instruments at all or only the ones we are allowed...
By Fatimah Zahra Karim
Salaams

I don't know of any other wedding nasheed.

Regarding the legality of nasheeds, I think the million-dollar-question is 'Which instruments are allowed?' Even if the instruments are allowed ones, if the melody sounds like haraam music, the nasheed automatically becomes haraam by association. I mean try checking out the nasheeds by Native Deen. If you don't listen to the words, it might as well be MTv...
By Mazhar
So i guess we have to avoid nasheeds all together
I rem some1 asking Sheikh Alidina abt this mm "song"which had something to do with palestine n he said i dont know if its allowed or not because he doesnt know wat normal music sounds like so i guess its upto those of us who listen or have come across music to judge for ourselves
By Muhammad Mahdi
Here are some hadith about music.
Imam Jafer Sadiq (as) has said,"I prohibit for you dancing and playing flute, drums and tabla."
(Al Kafi)
Most nasheeds, qasida with music contain flutes and drums, whch makes them all haraam.
The prophet (saw) has said,"... And he (Allah) ordered me to eradicate the playing of flute and other instruments of music, all games of vice, ..."
(Mustadrakul Wasael Chapter 79)

Imam Jafer Sadiq (as) has said," A person who has received blessings from Allah and while having thses blessings he plays flute, it is as if he has been thankless for the blessings."
(Wasaelush Shia)

The sixth Imam (as) has stated,"The playing of violin promotes hypocrisy in the heart like water assits the growth of algae."
(Wasaelush Shia)

The imam also says,"If drums and cymbals are played at one's house for forty days, Allah will impose a satan by the name of 'FAQANDIR'. The satan will infiltrate into every cell of the person's body. With the spread of this evil, the person loses all sense of dignity and self esteem. he will then not care as to what he says or what is said about him. Then, this satan blows into this person. As a result,he becomes utterly shameless. So much that he is not concerned or affected even if his women are dishonoured." (Wasaelush Shia)

Imam Ali (as) has said," Angels do not even enter a house that has wine, drum, tambourine or a flute.Even the prayers of the inhabitants of this house are unacceptable. They are deprived of barakat." (Wasaelush Shia)

Imam Ridha (as) says," A person invites divine wrath when in his house instruments like flute, drum and chess are played for forty days. If this man dies within these forty days, his daeth would be of a sinner and a transgressor. His place shall be in hell and what a dreadful place that is."
(Mustanad al Taraqi)

Another tradition states ," And you shall see that music will be so prevalant that no one will dissuade others nor will he find in himself the need to do so. And you shall see that music would be openly played even in the two sanctuaries.( Makkah and Madinah)"
(Mustanad naraqi)
As can be seen, nasheeds fall into this category.
By Fatimah Zahra Karim
Some nasheeds do, but others do not. There are quite a few totally instrument-free nasheeds.
By Mazhar
Salam
I had a discussion on nasheeds with a friend and this is what he said
"If the instrument is not made solely for use in music which is haram and might be having other uses like a piano which is also used in churches for religious purposes then its allowed"
I dont know if his thinking is allowed, any thoughts??
By Fatimah Zahra Karim
salaams

A hadith states that wind instruments (trumpet, flute, etc) and string instruments (piano, harp, guitar, etc) are forbidden. (I don't have reference for this hadith; I heard it from Dr. Imran Hassam.)

It is true that if an instrument is used for music as well as for purposes other than music, then the instrument is allowed. The piano, though, is used for music in the churches, too. If an instrument is used solely for music, it is haraam.
By sadika
Q172: Is it permissible to listen to religious songs?

Follow up: You mean religious phrases that are composed with musical tunes that are common amongst the people of amusement and entertainment?

Response: Yes.

A: It is prohibited to listen to them. The same ruling applies to all phrases that are not for pleasure and amusement -- such as supplication or dhikr -- but composed with these musical tunes. (FM, p. 437)

Got it from http://www.al-islam.org/laws/contempora ... alat5.html
Ramadhan Daily Duas- # 17

Dua for Day 17 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah, […]

https://youtu.be/hk2bRbbavCY?si=6Y53rBBj5rHfPNmw

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 16

*Dua for Day 16 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O Allah[…]

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 15

Dua for Day 15 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah G[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline