The Forum is Dead and Boring Nowadays

This is the place to post articles on any issue which doesn not fit under any other category or forum
User avatar
smak786110
Ask Senior
Ask Senior
Posts: 275
Joined: 14 Feb 2005, 21:24
Location: DSM
Contact:

Postby smak786110 » 26 Oct 2006, 15:01

I think the Forum was very active before the start page came......I hv marked after the startup page, people dnt visit the Forum......
I would suggest either take out the start up page OR make 2 separate domain names...One for the Forum and one for the Start page and Advertise them Seprtly....
E.G. Ask.or.tz for Forum and Ask.co.tz for Main Page or smething like tht..... :? :? :?
http://www.saqqa.org
Your Web-Hosting Solution !!!
User avatar
Ali
Ask Development Admin.
Posts: 60
Joined: 31 Jul 2006, 11:25
Location: Dar es Salaam
Contact:

Postby Ali » 26 Oct 2006, 15:05

Yes, That is true... The main page kinda blocks people from accessing the forums....
Lets see what hasin would say about this...
./Ali Damji
my.site | Tanzania Startpage
"There is no place like 127.0.0.1"
User avatar
smak786110
Ask Senior
Ask Senior
Posts: 275
Joined: 14 Feb 2005, 21:24
Location: DSM
Contact:

Postby smak786110 » 26 Oct 2006, 15:06

Shiachat.com is a forum but its soo much interesting...There r lots of people there.......2 Reasons because they have people from worldwide and their first page contains Forum....They hv MEdia and other stuff but they hv been put in menu and nt on front page....I think this is the best idea for Ask to do it.....
http://www.saqqa.org

Your Web-Hosting Solution !!!
User avatar
abuali
Ask Admin
Posts: 3664
Joined: 30 Sep 2004, 19:33
Location: Dar es Salaam
Contact:

Postby abuali » 26 Oct 2006, 21:59

Thanks for the great ideas Shama and Sadiq

Ali, lets work on a slightly modified version of the top page in line with Sadiqs idea and what we had discussed.

Sadiq, another reason why Shiachat has so many people is that it has been in existence for a very very long time.

Kulsham, I am going to work on a poster...can you arrange to have them put up at different spots, including but not limited to Almiss?

We were also thinking of the Junk Forum...however apart from that, any ideas on forum rearrangements?
User avatar
kulsham
Ask Mod
Posts: 1168
Joined: 13 Mar 2005, 02:41
Location: Dar Es Salaam
Contact:

Postby kulsham » 27 Oct 2006, 14:20

hasin wrote:Thanks for the great ideas Shama and Sadiq

Ali, lets work on a slightly modified version of the top page in line with Sadiqs idea and what we had discussed.

Sadiq, another reason why Shiachat has so many people is that it has been in existence for a very very long time.

Kulsham, I am going to work on a poster...can you arrange to have them put up at different spots, including but not limited to Almiss?

We were also thinking of the Junk Forum...however apart from that, any ideas on forum rearrangements?


yes i can arrange very well.. at mosque and Al Miss.. how you going to make the poster? share with me the idea's apart from that i am a poster maker for Shia Scouts so i can add something into your taste.

just make me the junk boss stop making me wait :twisted: :evil:
User avatar
kulsham
Ask Mod
Posts: 1168
Joined: 13 Mar 2005, 02:41
Location: Dar Es Salaam
Contact:

Postby kulsham » 27 Oct 2006, 14:27

smak786110 wrote:I think the Forum was very active before the start page came......I hv marked after the startup page, people dnt visit the Forum......
I would suggest either take out the start up page OR make 2 separate domain names...One for the Forum and one for the Start page and Advertise them Seprtly....
E.G. Ask.or.tz for Forum and Ask.co.tz for Main Page or smething like tht..... :? :? :?


i feel the same...... the first page should be a bit similar to shiachat :)
User avatar
smak786110
Ask Senior
Ask Senior
Posts: 275
Joined: 14 Feb 2005, 21:24
Location: DSM
Contact:

Postby smak786110 » 27 Oct 2006, 16:53

Exactly......Ask has been advertised very nicely for the past months and as per my thinking its statistics must be very good....But most of the people just ignore the Forum and goto other things in the site.....
Including me when i visit some other sites, I just feel Forum is a time waste if there is a whole web-site to be viewed...... :P
http://www.saqqa.org

Your Web-Hosting Solution !!!
User avatar
abuali
Ask Admin
Posts: 3664
Joined: 30 Sep 2004, 19:33
Location: Dar es Salaam
Contact:

Postby abuali » 27 Oct 2006, 20:58

:) @ kulsham.

Yes, please give your ideas about the poster-to-be at forum/viewtopic.php?p=7373#7373

As for the junk forum, I would prefer doing the entire resync of the forums at once, in a organized manner so that we can take all things into account and dont have to worry about having to redo and undo over and over again.

Insh time permiting, i shall work on it tomorrow night.

Sadiq...very valid point. Lets see how we can solve the problem.
User avatar
smak786110
Ask Senior
Ask Senior
Posts: 275
Joined: 14 Feb 2005, 21:24
Location: DSM
Contact:

Postby smak786110 » 27 Oct 2006, 21:49

:) thanks and wishing the ASK team a good luck !! and may Allah bless you all for the hard work you all doing!! :D
http://www.saqqa.org

Your Web-Hosting Solution !!!
User avatar
kulsham
Ask Mod
Posts: 1168
Joined: 13 Mar 2005, 02:41
Location: Dar Es Salaam
Contact:

Postby kulsham » 28 Oct 2006, 10:24

smak786110 wrote:Exactly......Ask has been advertised very nicely for the past months and as per my thinking its statistics must be very good....But most of the people just ignore the Forum and goto other things in the site.....
Including me when i visit some other sites, I just feel Forum is a time waste if there is a whole web-site to be viewed...... :P


so you living the ask forum?

smak786110 wrote::) thanks and wishing the ASK team a good luck !! and may Allah bless you all for the hard work you all doing!! :D

thank you ..
User avatar
kulsham
Ask Mod
Posts: 1168
Joined: 13 Mar 2005, 02:41
Location: Dar Es Salaam
Contact:

Postby kulsham » 28 Oct 2006, 10:30

hasin wrote::) @ kulsham.

Yes, please give your ideas about the poster-to-be at forum/viewtopic.php?p=7373#7373

As for the junk forum, I would prefer doing the entire resync of the forums at once, in a organized manner so that we can take all things into account and dont have to worry about having to redo and undo over and over again.

Insh time permiting, i shall work on it tomorrow night.

Sadiq...very valid point. Lets see how we can solve the problem.


will the posts or threads get deleted? :( :(
User avatar
abuali
Ask Admin
Posts: 3664
Joined: 30 Sep 2004, 19:33
Location: Dar es Salaam
Contact:

Postby abuali » 28 Oct 2006, 11:16

No...we wont delete anything....unless it really needs to be deleted.

Like you suggested...we will just classify most of the forwarded stuff in a seperate forum and allow members to only post things like that in that specific forum
User avatar
kulsham
Ask Mod
Posts: 1168
Joined: 13 Mar 2005, 02:41
Location: Dar Es Salaam
Contact:

Postby kulsham » 30 Oct 2006, 15:49

hasin wrote:No...we wont delete anything....unless it really needs to be deleted.

Like you suggested...we will just classify most of the forwarded stuff in a seperate forum and allow members to only post things like that in that specific forum


Great Idea.. looking forwards to it.

So can we have Dr. Sheikh Murtadha Alidina on the forums with his own special thread or category.... so members can ask him and he replies according to his time.?
User avatar
smak786110
Ask Senior
Ask Senior
Posts: 275
Joined: 14 Feb 2005, 21:24
Location: DSM
Contact:

Postby smak786110 » 01 Nov 2006, 22:24

If u cn get many scholars around it'll be fun.......
Put like Dr.Alidina,then Br.Hasanain Rajabali, Syed Bahrul Ullom (he is ideal for Youths)
etc...From all around world.....

:?
http://www.saqqa.org

Your Web-Hosting Solution !!!
User avatar
abuali
Ask Admin
Posts: 3664
Joined: 30 Sep 2004, 19:33
Location: Dar es Salaam
Contact:

Postby abuali » 01 Nov 2006, 23:58

its something that would be great.

Unfortunately all of them lead very busy lives and all we can do is put the proposal forward.

Return to “General Issues”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests