The Forum is Dead and Boring Nowadays

This is the place to post articles on any issue which doesn not fit under any other category or forum
Ali
Ask Development Admin.

Postby Ali » 08 Feb 2007, 16:54

The question of a chatroom had been brought up before... and i think the reason Ask did not go forward with the chatroom was because the question of Moderation and Abuse had come up.

Chat would be a good thing though.. It should be easy to implement....
./Ali Damji
my.site | Tanzania Startpage
"There is no place like 127.0.0.1"
Muhammad Mahdi
Ask Addict
Ask Addict

Postby Muhammad Mahdi » 08 Feb 2007, 17:12

Ask coul keep track of the chats and those who abuse should be warned. Preety simple. 8)
The educated man has the right to manipulate the ignorant, if the ignorance of the of the ignorant is due to his own ignorance.
abuali
Ask Admin

Postby abuali » 08 Feb 2007, 21:45

kulsham
Ask Mod

Postby kulsham » 09 Feb 2007, 01:03

umtu hapana abuse.... no one will abuse i guess, no one has done that in forums either.. so why worry about if it will take place on forums?
if we will have chat, we can arrange a live chatting (1 - 2 hour chatting) session with some scholar or maulana.. we can ask questions or solutions for our probs..
qarrar
Ask Pro
Ask Pro

Postby qarrar » 09 Feb 2007, 01:18

kulsham wrote:umtu hapana abuse...

11 years if compulsory Kiswahili teaching and these are the phrases I read…. :shock:

kulsham wrote:Sessions with some maulana.. we can ask questions or solutions for our probs..

We all wish if a maulana had the solutions to all our problems but I am afraid not….in relation to the chat issue, it has its pros and cons. The admin team need to weigh these and make a firm decision as to whether is going to go ahead or not. Whatever the decision, it can always be reviewed in the future if circumstances change.
How does he, whose guardian is Allah, get perished? And how can he, who is being pursued by Allah, get salvation? (Imam Mohammad Taqi (as))
kulsham
Ask Mod

Postby kulsham » 10 Feb 2007, 01:05

11 years if compulsory Kiswahili teaching and these are the phrases I read…. :shock:

dont be so shocked.. :lol:

We all wish if a maulana had the solutions to all our problems but I am afraid not….in relation to the chat issue, it has its pros and cons. The admin team need to weigh these and make a firm decision as to whether is going to go ahead or not. Whatever the decision, it can always be reviewed in the future if circumstances change.

i meant to say if one got questions to ask.. you know just like in shiachat and stuff..
having chat log is not bad in the beginning if it gets worst one can remove the software and keep it when there is some live chatting going with scholars..
Dayyanah Karim
Ask Member
Ask Member

Re: The Forum is Dead and Boring Nowadays

Postby Dayyanah Karim » 20 Mar 2010, 20:24

(salam)
this thread has also become dead. this forum is dead, no offence
ppl wake up!! is everyone buzy with studies, business, marriages??
come on... if you have time for facebook u should definately have some time for ask
wake up :!: :!: :!:
the time has come to... wake up (i guess)

Samuel Goldwyn - "I'm willing to admit that I may not always be right, but I am never wrong." :D
Muhammad Mahdi - "Photography is a form of hunting where that which is shot, lives forever"
abuali
Ask Admin

Re: The Forum is Dead and Boring Nowadays

Postby abuali » 17 May 2010, 08:04

Interesting point Dayyanah.

There is a discussion about facebook as well. Have a look at viewtopic.php?f=43&t=2330&p=14351&hilit=facebook#p14351

Return to “General Issues”