Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
This is the place to post articles on any issue which doesn not fit under any other category or forum
By Zahra..
John and Mike, are sitting on a plane behind a Pakistani guy.
To irritate the Pakistani guy they strike up this conversation:
John says to Mike: "So were are you off to.....India?"

Mike: "Oh, no I heard that there are too many Muslims there."
(The Pakistani guy stirs in his seat)

John: "Are you going to Iran?"

Mike: "No, that place is even more populated with Muslims!"

John: "Are you going to Indonesia?"
Mike: "Ugh....no way....that place is crawling with Muslims!"
(By now the Pakistani guy is getting really mad....)

John: "So, you must be going to Pakistan?"

Mike: "Absolutely NOT.....that place is INFESTED with Muslims!!"

Frustrated, the Pakistani guy turns around and says:
WHY DON'T YOU BOTH GO TO HELL, I HEAR THERE AREN'T ANY MUSLIMS THERE...!!!
By Muhammad
"Muslims" of this age nt present in hell? i m sori bt i wil opppose that..with the current situation of "muslim" world we all, includin me, wil b in hell! And if we dnt do enough sins we curse ourselves in ziyarats ("and curse those who watchd n said nufin (enjoyd watchin)")... i knw this was nt at all the topic of this forum..bt i just cudnt nt write this... i hope no 1 is offended (which i m sure everybody wil b!)...bt lets face it..its the truth...isnt it?
By qarrar
(V)$ wrote:"Muslims" of this age nt present in hell? i m sori bt i wil opppose that..with the current situation of "muslim" world we all, includin me, wil b in hell! And if we dnt do enough sins we curse ourselves in ziyarats ("and curse those who watchd n said nufin (enjoyd watchin)")... i knw this was nt at all the topic of this forum..bt i just cudnt nt write this... i hope no 1 is offended (which i m sure everybody wil b!)...bt lets face it..its the truth...isnt it?
I am sure the post was started in good faith and I agree with it to a certain extent that yes there will be no Momeen and Shia of Imam Ali (as) in there. I think you need clarification with regards to the cursing that we do in Ziyarats and if possible see a scholar about it. Because if we are all cursed in the Ziyarats because of not doing anything or not enough about the atrocities currently undergoing then the ultimate we could do is give our lives to the cause and achieve martyrdom. The fact that more than a billion Muslims draw breath at this moment and are not dyeing for these causes will certainly not render them in hell now will it? I am not an expert on the cursing in Ziyarats, but one thing I do know is that it is focussed on the tyrants who did Zulm on the Ahlel bayte and if seen from a historical perspective there were people who saw and witnessed these atrocities and did nothing. As I have mentioned in one of my posts on this very site, Karbala was not only full of Yazids soldiers, but there were many thousands of people who were there because they were summoned there by Ibn Ziyad. They had no intention of killing Imam Hussein (as), but yet when they heard Imam’s call for help they did not move. Another incident that has just come to my mind is that after the Battle of Jamal, Imam Ali in Nahjul Balagha curses the people of Basra for liaising with Ayesha in the Battle. Now the Sunni’s use this sermon to prove that the Imam was cursing his own followers and that he didn’t want anything do to with Wilayat. In short there are loads of things that we read and hear that have to be seen in the wider context because if not then they do tend to cause great misunderstandings.
By Muhammad
k.
By Muhammad
qarrar wrote:
(V)$ wrote:quote]

. I think you need clarification with regards to the cursing that we do in Ziyarats and if possible see a scholar about it. .
listen to lectures of Br safdar jaffer at http://www.dartabligh.org of the month of muharram in dar -1427
By qarrar
(V)$ wrote:
qarrar wrote:
(V)$ wrote:quote]

. I think you need clarification with regards to the cursing that we do in Ziyarats and if possible see a scholar about it. .
listen to lectures of Br safdar jaffer at http://www.dartabligh.org of the month of muharram in dar -1427
Are you speaking of the chairman of the Hilal Board, from Stanmore Jamaat London?
By Muhammad
i dnt knw if he is the chairman of the hilal board bt all i knw is he is from uk and had come to dar for muharram last month.
By qarrar
(V)$ wrote:i dnt knw if he is the chairman of the hilal board bt all i knw is he is from uk and had come to dar for muharram last month.
I think it’s most probably him; on your part I think you should still try and find out what other religious authorities have to say on the subject matter. Anyways inshallah when I get time I will try and listen to his lectures as-well.

Short tafsir on Suratul Buruj - part 2

The Destruction of Baqee. This cemetery contains t[…]

NAHJAL BALAGHA

The Lowliness Of The World In Allah’s Eyes […]

Eid Mubarak!

اللَّهُ اكْبَرُ ٱللَّهُ اكْبَرُ allahu akbar allah[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline