Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Doctor Sibtain Moledina will be answering your medical questions. Post your questions. To post a question anonymously use the following credentials:
Username: Insaan
Password: passask

Moderators: Syed Kazim, Muhammad

By sukaina.R
Salaams, I am suffering from pain in my both heels and its 3 years now.I have been to many doctors but still it doesn't heal. Can you advice me.
By Sibtain
Ws.

Pain in the heels can be caused by a number of things but there are two common causes:
1. Plantar fasciitis - where the pain is on the underside of the heel
2. Achilles tendinitis - where the pain is on the backside of the heel
Other less common causes are arthritis and gout (to name a few)

If the pain is as long as you mention (3 years) then I would advise getting an X-ray done of the feet (if not done yet) just to rule out any serious cause. But more often than not, the cause is usually not something serious.

Here are a few things you can do at home to reduce your discomfort and pain

1. Rest: Avoid activities that put strain on your heels e.g. walking on hard surfaces, running, standing for long periods.

2. Ice: Place an ice pack on your heels about three times a day

3. Shoes: Make sure your shoes fit you well and you are comfortable in them. Don't go for shoes that "just fit". Usually adding a foot support or some soft material near the heel area helps too. Wearing shoes that have low to moderate heels are better than no heels.

4. Pain medication: Using the commonly prescribed pain medications such as ibuprofen, diclofenac help reduce the inflammation around the heel and thus reduce the pain too.

5. Weight: Increased weight means more strain on your feet and your heels. So regular exercise, good healthy balanced diet and weight loss can help reduce and prevent further pain.

Hope that helps! :)

https://youtu.be/-3CI0FBr5ss?si=UNYS9HXtS24Gbr-P

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 7

*Dua for Day 7 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom)

Short Tafsir on Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom) - Part […]

Ramadan Daily Duas - Day 6

*Dua for Day 6 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline