Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Sheikh Saqalain Abbas will be answering your questions posted in this forum.

Moderators: Syed Kazim, Muhammad Mahdi

By Tayyaba
salaam i need the answers for these questions as they were asked by some sunni bro

why the difference in shahada in the prayer?

how can the shias allow marriage for the sake of sexual gratification?(zawaj el mota3a)

what is all this stuff about the khomeini being locked up in an iraqi prison once and survivng a whole day without air?!!!!

why do the shiittes consider all but about 5 of the sahabas as non-muslims and that any hadeeth narrated by them from the prophet is considered unauthentic(including abu huraira)?!!!

why are the graves of the imams considered blessed while it is well known that the prophet(pbuh|) seriously warned us from buliding on them let alone asking their blessing which is clearly a from of shirk?!!
By Tayyaba
No answer :( i mean i knw the answers bt u knw i need strong one which hits them straight :?: :!:
By abuali
Alaykum salaam Tayyaba

Let me try and out my few cents on the questions that have been posed to you....one by one..

1. Difference in Shahada

(I have assumed by this you mean why Shia's include Aliyyun Walli Allah)

To clarify this, lets understand how the shahada/kalama works: -

When someone believes that there is no God but Allah and that Muhammad is the prophet of Allah, then he/she is a Muslim.

When in addition to that, one believes that Imam Ali is the Walli of Allah, he/she attains the status of a Mumin.

Note that I have deliberately used the term 'belief' rather than 'utter', because just by uttering the kalama one does not become Muslim, but one truly has to believe in what he/she is uttering.

It is important to clarify, that according to Shi'a belief, saying Aliyun WalliAllah is not Wajib in the Adhaan. Infact, as per my knowledge, according to the fatwa of Aga Seestani, if a person recites AliyyunWaliyullah with the niyaat that its wajib, then his adhaan is not valid.

Hence, the kalama is not different at all. It is the same kalama. Both Sunni and Shia agree that Muslims should recite the Kalama/Shahada and beleive in it. Shi'as in addition believe that belief in the Wilayat of Imam Ali is what makes on a true Momin. And they prefer to identify themselves as those who believe in his wilayat by announcing it in their shahadas/Adhaans.

As for the reasons why Imam Ali is the Wali of Allah refer to: -

The Holy Quran, Aya 55 of Sura Al-Maaida (5:55)

[Shakir 5:55] Only Allah is your Vali and His Messenger and those who believe, those who keep up prayers and pay the poor-rate while they bow.

Most Sunni scholars agree that this ayat was revealed in favor of Ameerul Mo'mineen Ali bin Abi Tallib, after the incident where he was praying and gave his ring as zakat to beggar while in the state of ruku.

Infact, several tafseers (include those by Sunni aalims) agree to this fact.

Now if we take a closer look at this ayat, we can clearly see that it is instructing Muslims about their Valis/Walis, and it is mentioning them
as : -

1. Allah (SWT)
2. His Messenger i.e Muhammad (SAWW)
3. those who keep up prayers and pay the poor-rate while they bow i.e Imam Ali (AS)

Then the question comes up, why didnt the Holy Prophet include the 'Aliyun Walliyullah' in the adhaan during his time.

A simple answer can be that during the Prophets time, the silsilah of imamah had not strated yet. The holy prophet (saw) himself was the Imam and the hujjah/Vali upon the muslims. It was after the Holy Prophet that the duty of Imamat and Wilayat passed on to Imam Ali, and Imam ALi was the Wasi of Rasool-Allah.

(Please note that the above in no way means that Imam Ali wasnt an Imam until after the Prophet. Compare it to a Vice President. He is Vice President while the President is there. But it is only during the absence of the President that the Vice President has to take over the role)

An interesting point I came across about the Kalimah that the Shia recite: -

The Prophet said: there is no god but allah, we said: لا اله الالله
He said I am his Prophet, we replied: محمد رسول الله
on dawa't dhul ashira he said ali is my wali, we said: علی ولی الله
i ghadeer khumm he ordered, whose so ever master i am Ali is his master, we agreed: وصی الرسول الله
the people of saqifa took aways Imam Ali's right, so we said: وخلیفته بلا فصل

Subhan-Allah.

Note that the first two articles are sufficient for being a Muslim. i.e Belief in Allah and Belief in Muhammad as the Prophet of Allah.
By Umm.aly
Now that was soo enlightening!!
By abuali
2. how can the shias allow marriage for the sake of sexual gratification?(zawaj el mota3a)

First of all, Aren't Marriages (including both Nikah and Muta) supposed to be for sexual gratification ?? Unless I am missing something here....

And just to make my point very clear, the meaning of the term 'nikah' is literally 'sexual intercourse'

As for Muta, it is not the Shia who have allowed it, it is the Holy Prophet and the Holy Quran who have allowed it. Besides this, Muta was not only practised during the time of the Holy Prophet, but was also practised during the time of the caliphate of Abu Bakr and most of the time while Umar was a caliph. It was only towards the end of the caliphate of Umar that he announced,

"Two mut'a were practiced during the time of the Prophet [i.e. temporary marriage and mutat al-hajj], but I forbid both of them and will punish anyone who practices either."

(just as a note, I remember Muhaddisa questioned about the Muta of the Haj....well here a short description of it: - Pilgrims who come to Mecca for the hajj from a long distance and want to perform the 'umra before the hajj are allowed to enter into a state of consecration (ihram) for the 'umra and then to leave it until they re-enter it for the hajj. During the intervening period they can 'enjoy themselves' (tamattu') with the activities of everyday life that are forbidden in the state of ihram. This tamattu' before the hajj is known as mut'at al-hajj. )

The verse of the Holy Quran which permits Muta is verse 24 of Sura an-Nisaa'...

وَالْمُحْصَنَاتُ مِنَ النِّسَاء إِلاَّ مَا مَلَكَتْ أَيْمَانُكُمْ كِتَابَ اللّهِ عَلَيْكُمْ وَأُحِلَّ لَكُم مَّا وَرَاء ذَلِكُمْ أَن تَبْتَغُواْ بِأَمْوَالِكُم مُّحْصِنِينَ غَيْرَ مُسَافِحِينَ فَمَا اسْتَمْتَعْتُم بِهِ مِنْهُنَّ فَآتُوهُنَّ أُجُورَهُنَّ فَرِيضَةً وَلاَ جُنَاحَ عَلَيْكُمْ فِيمَا تَرَاضَيْتُم بِهِ مِن بَعْدِ الْفَرِيضَةِ إِنَّ اللّهَ كَانَ عَلِيمًا حَكِيمًا {24}

[Shakir 4:24] And all married women except those whom your right hands possess (this is) Allah's ordinance to you, and lawful for you are (all women) besides those, provided that you seek (them) with your property, taking (them) in marriage not committing fornication. Then as to those whom you profit by, give them their dowries as appointed; and there is no blame on you about what you mutually agree after what is appointed; surely Allah is Knowing, Wise.

The follwoing is what the Pooya/Ali Commentary says about ths verse: -

[Pooya/Ali Commentary 4:24] Muhsanat means well-guarded or protected. They are married women (free and slave), minors and insane females.

"Save those whom your right hands own" signifies "such married women as shall come in your possession as prisoners of war". Such women, when not taken back on payment of ransom or through negotiation, are lawful as wives, even though their previous marriage has not been formally dissolved, provided the infidel woman becomes a Muslim.

Famastamta-tum bihi provides for a temporary marriage, known as muta. It has been specifically made lawful by the Quran and the Holy Prophet, therefore, this provision subsists as unrescinded.

One day, for no reason at all, and having no authority to amend a law given and practised by the Holy Prophet, the second caliph declared from the pulpit:

"Two mutas (temporary marriage and combining hajj with umra) were in force during the time of the Holy Prophet, but now I decree both of them as unlawful; and I will punish those who practise them."

(Tafsir Kabir, Durr al-Manthur, Kashshaf, Mustadrak and others).

According to Tirmidhi even his son, Ibn Umar, refused to agree with his father's action because it was made lawful by Allah and His Prophet, whose pronouncements could never be revoked by any one after him.

Therefore the Shia school of thought (Islam-original) holds both the mutas lawful. Ali ibn abi Talib reversed the uncalled-for innovation of the second caliph, and thereafter it was never again prohibited.

The Maliki school of thought also holds muta as lawful.

Besides Nikah and Muta dont have much difference. Both are lawful ways of making sexual relations valid between a man and a woman, and both can be dissolved. In the case of a Nikah, it is usually by divorce or nullification if a spouse ceases to be a believer and in the case of Muta either by the lapse of the agreed period or by the gifting of the remaining period to the wife by the husband.

The children born out of Muta belong to the father just like the children born out of Nikah and they inherit from the father and mother.

After studying the above and going further indepth one would have no doubt about the permissibility of Muta, as given by Allah the All Knowing and the all Powerful., and his Messenger, the Holy Prophet.

An indepth analysis of Muta and the various proofs that some sunni schools of thought bring forward to argue on its validity, toghether with their refutations can be found at: -

http://www.al-islam.org/al-serat/muta/index.htm

Specifically refer to Chapter 4 in the site above.[/img]
Ramadhan Daily Duas- # 17

Dua for Day 17 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah, […]

https://youtu.be/hk2bRbbavCY?si=6Y53rBBj5rHfPNmw

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 16

*Dua for Day 16 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O Allah[…]

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 15

Dua for Day 15 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah G[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline