Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Sheikh Saqalain Abbas will be answering your questions posted in this forum.

Moderators: Syed Kazim, Muhammad Mahdi

By braveheart
Acccording to Aga Sistani marriage with a prostitute is not allowed. A person did muta with a prostitute. Will it be regarded as zina or a sin lesser than zina.
My two cents: If he did not know, I think it would probably not be considered sinning, but if he knew, that would be a different case. Since muta with a prostitute is not permissible the muta will be considered invalid and the relationship hence termed zina due to its illegitimacy, just as a nikah with a kafir would be termed the same.

NB: This is my opinion according to what makes sense to me. Do not consider it the rule.
By Insaan
Fatimah Zahra Karim wrote:My two cents: If he did not know, I think it would probably not be considered sinning, but if he knew, that would be a different case. Since muta with a prostitute is not permissible the muta will be considered invalid and the relationship hence termed zina due to its illegitimacy, just as a nikah with a kafir would be termed the same.

NB: This is my opinion according to what makes sense to me. Do not consider it the rule.
First you put something that makes point to others and then you write it is according to what makes sense to you and do not consider it as a rule... This is one confused thread. please do not write your opinions in the first place.
By abuali
(salam) Insaan

There is nothing wrong in posting ones opinion as long as it is clearly stated as an opinion. In fact thats what forums like Ask are all about, discussions & debates.

As to your question:
Q40) Can a Muslim do Muta with a prostitute in order to satisfy his physical needs?

A40) Marrying a woman who is known publicly as an adulterer is not permissible as a measure of precaution except after repentance (tawbah).
http://www.alulbayt.com/rulings/11.htm
I am assuming 'not permissible' is a translation of 'haraam'. As to the extent of sin and whether is lesser or equal to zina, Allahu a'alam

https://youtu.be/-3CI0FBr5ss?si=UNYS9HXtS24Gbr-P

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 7

*Dua for Day 7 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom)

Short Tafsir on Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom) - Part […]

Ramadan Daily Duas - Day 6

*Dua for Day 6 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline