Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Sheikh Saqalain Abbas will be answering your questions posted in this forum.

Moderators: Syed Kazim, Muhammad Mahdi

By peaceful_soul
I m sry if this question has been asked b4 but I was just wondering

1) Dose a women need 2 get her husband’s permission if she wants 2 leave the house?
2) If yes do u know if there r any ayats in the quran that say this?
thanx
By qarrar
peaceful_soul wrote:1) Dose a women need 2 get her husband’s permission if she wants 2 leave the house? 2) If yes do u know if there r any ayats in the quran that say this?
Your question is so sensitive that I felt not in the position to answer with my own words hence I have taken this passage below from the book Principles of Marriage & Family Ethics by Ayatullah Ibrahim Amini and it can be found in chapter 55, it should inshallah guide you to the answers you seek.

A woman can go out of the house only after obtaining her husband's permission. Going out without permission is lawfully not allowed and committing it is a sin.

A tradition has been reported that the Prophet (SA) did not allow any woman to go out of her house without her husband's permission. "He stated: 'Any woman who goes out of her house without her husband's permission, would be subjected to the curse of all the angels in the heavens and all those who see her, be they jinn or human, until the time she returns (to her home)'."1

This is the right of any husband which must be observed by their wives.

But men should not be too strict with their wives on this account. It is better for them to allow their wives to go out whenever possible.

This right of men is not meant to be a show of strength or an attempt at putting pressure on their wives, but a means of preventing women from going to undesirable and unsuitable places.

Being too strict, not only is not useful, but may affect the family relationship, or even drive a woman towards disobedience and corruption.

A man must stop his wife from going to corrupt and unsuitable places and gatherings. It is a religious obligation for women to obey their husbands. A disobedient woman can be punished by her husband. Here again the punishment should be carried out in stages.

A woman, however, can go out of the house on specific occasions without her husband's permission and men are not permitted to hurt their wives in such cases:

(a) Going out of the house for learning the necessary commandments of religion.

(b) Going out of the house for Hajj when she possesses the necessary financial means and ability to perform Hajj.

(c) Going out of the house to repay a debt provided it is not possible to repay without going out of the house.

You particularly asked for a Quranic reference, the ayat below has been used by some scholars to justify the argument above. “Men are the guardians of women because Allah has given one superiority over the other and because they [men] support them from their means”. (4:34)

[KSIJ Dar] Announcements 📢 pinned a photo

[KSIJDar]

https://cdn4.cdn-telegram.org/file/n96vMaxJDq1U8S[…]

[KSIJ Dar] Announcements 📢 pinned a photo

Ask4help Counseling Helpline