Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Sheikh Saqalain Abbas will be answering your questions posted in this forum.

Moderators: Syed Kazim, Muhammad Mahdi

By immy
As-salaam Wa Alaykum,

I am following Taqleed of Ayatollah Sistani (HS) - what does HS stand for?

Are there certain things which illegitimate children are not allowed to do? I found the following at http://www.baabeilm.org/women/fiqh_sist ... eaning.asp which seems to be Sistani Rule 2497:

2497. It is recommended that the wet-nurse, whose services are obtained for a child, should be Shia Ithna-Asheri, sane, chaste, and good looking; and it is Makrooh for a wet-nurse to be a non-Shia Ithna-Asheri or ugly, ill-humoured or illegitimate. It is also Makrooh to entrust the child to a wet-nurse who has given birth to an illegitimate child.

I can understand that society needs to take special precautions in regards to illegitimate children and especially those who parent illegitimate children in order to discourage and prevent this grave sin.

In any case I have a few questions:

1) Are there any things which are haraam or makrooh for a Muslim (male or female) of illegitimate birth to do?
2) Are there any things which are haraam or makrooh for a Muslim of legitimate birth to engage in with a Muslim of illegitimate birth?
3) If the parents marry six months before a child is born is the child considered to be illegitimate? Is there a distinction between illegitimate birth and illegitimate conception?
4) Do the rulings applying to offspring of illegitimate birth also apply to offspring of illegitimate conception?

Are there are any hadiths pertaining to illegitimate children? Are Muslims of illegitimate birth more prone to go astray than other Muslims? Are there any negative effects in this world and the hereafter on Muslims due to illegitimacy?

If you can think of any other information that would shed light on this topic please include.

Khoda Hafiz,

Immy
By Sukaina Rajwani
sa,
I have found the following information from the risala; the Islamic Laws according to Aga Seestani, hope it is useful for u.
- rule num 2470: If an illegitimate person marries, and a child is born to him, that child is legitimate.
- rule num 2483(ii): Read it properly to understand it.
thats all i found from the book.
By zafar
An illegitimate child does not become legitimate if the parents marry after the child is conceived.
By bongo
I am not a scholar but this is my view.

Your question 1.There is no difference.
Your question 2.No
Your question 3.If the child was conceived in a wedlock than its legitimate, even if they divorce after conceiving. A child stays for 9 or 6 months in mothers womb before birth. So there is a possibility that the child was conceived in a wedlock.
Your question 4.There is nothing like illegitmate birth and illegitimate conception. There is legitimate and illegitimate.
Your question 5.A muslim should try as much as possible to do good and be pious. Allah is all Powerful and a Great Purifier.
By Muhammad Mahdi
Why should the wet nurse be good looking?
By Syed Kazim
so that the child can be good looking too! 8)
By Muhammad Mahdi
any other reasons?

Why does the nurse have to be good looking?
By Syed Kazim
dno...i read that in a book!
I wrote:so that the child can be good looking too!8)
By Muhammad Mahdi
whats the importance of being good looking?
and how can that change a child's look?
By hasanrizvi
Salam,
Quite amusing, anyhow why do expected mother's room decorated with beautiful pictures of children, does they make the child beautiful (if yes then same case is wet nurse as the child is still in growing process if no remove it.) Why do ppl wish to have nice looking car does it make them beautiful, No but it makes us feel good.

A good looking wet nurse makes the child feel happy instead of Ugly women who can rather scare the child.
The newly born child is like a clean board if he/she sees everything nice around him/her it will tempt him/her for the same. In short if we show Dragons and Annaconda to a feeding child then either the child will be scared and will never even look in that direction or it will make his/her Heart rigid or very rigid which is undesirable in our religion.

The best person to ask is Ayotullah Sistani who said so. One can also ask why sane,chaste and shia ithna asheri.

wasalaam.

The building had been dubbed building “Mande[…]

IMAM SADIQ (A.S) & HIS COMPREHENSIVE ROLE I […]

Rajab

THE MONTH OF RAJAB - AN OPPORTUNITY FOR PURIFICATI[…]

The 6th Imam died in Madinah on 25th Shawwal, 148 […]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline