Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Sheikh Saqalain Abbas will be answering your questions posted in this forum.

Moderators: Syed Kazim, Muhammad Mahdi

By smak786110
Salaam Alaykum.

The question was about selling and buying of Pirated (copied) cds of Softwares,Games,etc.
Is it allowed to sale cds which are downloaded from the internet or copied cd???
Its just like copying someones idea and selling it!!
I agree the original ones are quite expensive but it doesnt mean that we jsut steal their property or copy it and start selling it off???
Most of the companies I think are non muslims,so is it allowed???
By Muhammad Mahdi
will take the question to Malim Issa and hopefully post the reply by next week
By smak786110
Ok...Thanks...
Hope he will understand as the question is about computers and new technology.
By Muhammad Mahdi
§ Question : Can I use cracked CD software?

§ Answer : If someone else has cracked the software, you can use it but you are not allowed to copy or burn it.

§ Question : A lot of Islamic books and software have copyrights on them. What is the Islamic view of copyrights? If I photocopy a book or duplicate a CD with a copyright am I doing a sin?

§ Answer : Copying or duplicating a book or software without their owner's permission is not permissible.

§ Question : What is the ruling on copying computer software, movies, audio CDs and other such things, which bear the wording “All Rights Reserved” or “Copyright”? Does this rule apply equally to Muslim made products and those made by individuals and or companies which are not Muslim?

§ Answer : Copyrights must be respected; it is not permissible to copy a product, if it is against law.
By smak786110
MAN MAN MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x :x :x :x :x

THIS IS REALLY GETTING IN MY HEAD NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Evry where u see,theres different laws!!
Now the Agha Sistani says if its nt against the law its allowed...Nw u posted the laws it says it nt allowed NOW WHAT SHOULD I DO???????? :o :o :o :o

Anyway to my understanding,in Tanzania I think its allowed coz its a poor country and most people cnt aford to buy original ones...And the law doesnt tht much concentrate of PIRACY!
Isnt????
By zalidina
smak786110 wrote: Anyway to my understanding,in Tanzania I think its allowed coz its a poor country and most people cnt aford to buy original ones...And the law doesnt tht much concentrate of PIRACY!
Isnt????
just coz a country's laws dont concentrate on piracy doesnt make any less illegal. most cds, dvds and books have a copyright on them therefore making any copying of it without the makers permission illegal (anywhere in the world, all countries follow that code)
By minhaal2000
pirating copy right Cd's is basically stealing. whether muslim or non muslim its still stealing.
By Sukaina Rajwani
So that means downloading audios/ softwares/ documents/ vidoes etc from programs such as kazaa and limewire (not selling them, just for personal use) is stealing? haraam?
Isnt it the same as lending/ borrowing a tape or book to/ from someone?
By Muhammad Mahdi
Sukaina Rajwani wrote:Isnt it the same as lending/ borrowing a tape or book to/ from someone?
When you len/borrow you dont reproduce. Downloading softwares from Kazaa, is reproducing them which violates the copyrights

Well, think of it this way: Imagine a big rulebook[…]

jannat-ul-baqi-a-brief-history_f.jpg Name of Bo[…]

urdu_jannatul_baqi_demolition_f(1).jpg نام کتاب[…]

jannatul-baqi-alama-ya-mwendelezo-wa-dhulma-na-uo[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline