Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
A series directed by Davud Mirbaqeri narrating Mukhtar al-Thaqafi's revenge for Karbala.
Sourced from ShiaSource.
Recorded from Jame-Jam, an IRIB channel that implements the English subtitles.
(bismillah)
(salam)

For those who have watched and are watching the series, lets share our views and reviews on the series here.

Did you like the series?

Did you learn anything new from it?

Was it a better form of picturing the event of Ashura than the majalises?

Did you cry while watching some parts?
tahadharamsi wrote:(salam)
I have watched Mukhtar 5 times already .I think it should be made on Cd by Tabligh.
Too addictive!
(wasalam)
Mashallah! I agree, it is a very well made series.

The series will take too many CD's. If we can find the contact of the original producers and acquire their permission, Ask can record and make available DVD versions.
Muhammad Mahdi wrote:Any chance of getting them in HD?
Perhaps from the original producers.
tahadharamsi wrote:I think it Might be available on HD go to http://www.shiasource.com
(wasalam)
The ShiaSource version is the same one we have made available. These ones are not even close to HD. They have been compressed for the web.
Here is 'Mokhtarnameh' in the press
President honors “Mokhtarnameh” director
TEHRAN, July 30 (MNA) -- President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad praised “Mokhtarnameh” director Davud Mirbaqeri during a ceremony on Saturday for his efforts in making the TV series.

The ceremony was held at the conference hall of the Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting in Tehran.

Mirbaqeri expressed his hopes that officials would continue their support for making such TV series.

The 40-episode “Mokhtarnameh” is about an uprising organized by Mokhtar Saqafi after the events of Ashura, the 10th of Muharram, to take revenge against the killers of Imam Hussein (AS).

The last episode of the TV series was broadcast on IRIB’s Channel 1 Friday night.

Mirbaqeri took about eight years to complete the blockbuster.

Taboo remains

He made an abortive attempt in “Mokhtarnameh” to alter a taboo against depiction of members of the Shia imams’ households.

The TV series contained scenes depicting Hazrat Abbas (AS), brother of Imam Hussein (AS), which were never shown as result of clerics’ objections.

Ayatollah Nasser Makarem Shirazi, Ayatollah Seyyed Mohammad-Ali Alavi Gorgani, Ayatollah Hossein Mazaheri and Ayatollah Hossein Vahid Khorasani raised strong objections to the decision.

Vahid Khorasani was the most formidable opponent of the decision.

“I have heard that they want to have a screen actor (playing the role) of Hazrat Abbas (AS). God forbid that they could make such a blunder. Otherwise if they do this thing, there will be no excuse for what may happen and what we would say,” he said.

“If the face of an actor is depicted as Hazrat Abbas (AS), it would cause his devotees to riot… that could threaten the lives of the people who screen such pictures,” he warned.

Consequently, producer Mahmud Fallah announced that the scenes would be altered in the TV series due to the views of certain clerics.

Some scenes were cut and Hazrat Abbas (AS), who was played by Kaveh Fotuhi, was shown once at a distance in a foggy shot.

MMS/YAW
END
MNA
http://www.mehrnews.com/en/newsdetail.a ... ID=1371249

Amaal Eve 17th - (night preceeding day 17th) A ver[…]

Ramadhan Daily Duas- # 17

Dua for Day 17 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah, […]

https://youtu.be/hk2bRbbavCY?si=6Y53rBBj5rHfPNmw

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 16

*Dua for Day 16 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O Allah[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline