Period of Leadership: 30 Years
Martyred: 40th Hijri, 21st Ramadhan
Cause: Wounded and Injured by a Poisoned Sword
Killer: ‘Abdal Rahman Ibn Muljim – [l.’a]
Place of Martyrdom: Masjidun Kufah
Place of Burial: Najaf al-Ashraf
Children: 12 Sons and 16 Daughters
By Brother in Islam
Imam Ali on the danger of making worldy affairs One's greatest concern has said ''the one who regards the worldy affairs as his greatest concern, his grief and distress are lengthened''... The Scale of Wisdom (Mizanul Hikmah)
By abuali
If only we could act on his advice to the fullest!

May Allah grant us maarifat and muhabbat of Ali (as) and the ability to act upon his advice.

I had two questions about Imam Ali (as):

1. Do we have names of all the 12 sons and 16 daughters?

2. Does anyone have the account of the burial rites and janaza of ameerul mumineen (as) and the incidents that occurred while the janaza was being carried from kufa to najaf?
By Muntazir
'aleykum as-Salaam.

Thank you dear brother in Islam for the hadith. May 'Allah give us the strength to avoid the dunyawi affairs.

As for brother Hasin, allow me with some time to find out insha'Allah.

Keep up the good work.
By Brother in Islam
Imam Ali has said... ''Beware of disobeying Allah even in solitude, for the witness of that action is also the judge'' - Nahjul Balaghah v 3 P 231, no 324
By Muntazir
as-Salaamu 'aleykum.

Imam ‘Ali [‘a.s] had “Twenty Eight” children. Namely:

- Lady Faatimah [‘a.s], the daughter of Prophet Muhammad [s.‘a.w.w]:

She had “Five” children from whom two were known “Imams” and from the Ahl al-Bayt [‘a.s].

1. Imam Hassan [‘a.s]
2. Imam Hussayn [‘a.s]
3. Lady Zaynab e-Kubra [‘a.s]
4. Zaynab e-Sugra [Umm Kulthoom] [‘a.s]
5. Mohsin [‘a.s] – It is said that the holy Prophet named him Mohsin, and he passed away while in the stomach after the death of his father.

- Khawlah, daughter of Ja’far Ibn Qays, from the tribe of Hanafiyyah:

6. Muhammad Makni [Abul-Qaasim]

- Ummul Baneen, daughter of Hizaam Ibn Khaalid Ibn Daarim:

She had “Four” children who got martyred in Kerbala with their brother Imam Hussayn [‘a.s].

7. ‘Abbas [Abu Qurbah/ Saqaa’ – he was given these names because he would get water for Imam Hussayn [‘a.s]] – 34 yrs old when he died in Kerbala.
8. Ja’far – 19 yrs old when he died in Kerbala.
9. Uthmaan
10. ‘Abdallah – 25 yrs old when he died in Kerbala.

- Umm Habib, daughter of Rabiy’ah:

11. ‘Ummar
12. Ruqayyah

- Layla, daughter of Mas’ood, from the tribe of Bani Daarim:

13. Muhammad Asgher [Abu Bakr] – Died in Kerbala
14. ‘Ubaydallah – Died in Kerbala

- Asmaa’ Bint ‘Umays:

15. Yahya – Died still young before his father’s death

- Umm Sa’eed daughter of Urwah Ibn Mas’ood Thaqafi:

16. Ramlah

- Kanizs:

Imam ‘Ali [‘a.s] had several Kanizs from whom he had the following children:

17. Nafeesah
18. Umm Kulthoom Sugra
19. Zaynab Sugra
20. Ruqayyah Sugra
21. Umm Haani
22. Umm al-Kiraam
23. Jamaanah [Umm Ja’far]
24. Amaamah
25. Umm Salmah
26. Maymoonah
27. Khadeejah
28. Faatimah.

Please remember us in your prayers.
By Brother in Islam
"O Lord. You do not leave your earth without a person who would represent Your authority among the people."

Usool al'Kaafi [ H # 07, Ch # 5, P # 26, V # 2, (Urdu)
By Muntazir
In the name of the Creator.

Salaamun 'aleykum.

I'll try to look further for him, insha'Allah. Where did you hear or read about him? Perhaps it's the 2nd name of one of the 4. I'll confirm insha'Allah.

Thanks.
By Moonbeam
(salam)
can you also give us the references of where you got the deails from? It would help in future knowing where to look for such details.
Thanks
By abuali
Muntazir wrote:In the name of the Creator.

Salaamun 'aleykum.

I'll try to look further for him, insha'Allah. Where did you hear or read about him? Perhaps it's the 2nd name of one of the 4. I'll confirm insha'Allah.

Thanks.
I actually read it in a ziyarat booklet that the shrine of hz. Aun on the outskirts of Karbala is actually that of Aun ibn Ali (as), from Lady Ummul Baneen. No reference was mentioned.
By Muntazir
In the name of He Who opens the gateway to Paradise.

as-Salaamu 'aleykum.

Just a small research.

IMAM ‘ALI IBN ABI TAALIB’S [‘A.S] CHILDREN FROM UMM UL-BANEEN
[Historical Glimpse on the life of Imam ‘Ali Ibn Abi Taalib’s [‘a.s] Children]

Introduction

Umm ul-Baneen:

Her real name was Faatimah, and she was from the tribe of Bani Kalaab.

One day Imam ‘Ali [‘a.s] asked his brother Aqeel to find him a wife who would give him strong and courageous children. [Aqeel was much aware of the tribes] He chose Faatimah [Umm ul-Baneen] for his brother and advised him to marry her.

Umm ul-Baneen blessed Imam ‘Ali [‘a.s] with 4 courageous sons in his life who served not only him but also Imam Hassan [‘a.s] and Imam Hussein [‘a.s] and sacrificed themselves for the Master of the Martyrs.

Sons of Imam ‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib [‘a.s] from Umm ul-Baneen:

1. Al-‘Abbas ibn ‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib [‘a.s] [Fadh al-‘Abbas],
2. ‘Abdallah ibn ‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib [‘a.s],
3. Ja’far ibn ‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib [‘a.s], and
4. Uthmaan ibn ‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib [‘a.s].

All of them fought well in the battlefield of Kerbala and became martyrs.

After that they had become the Martyrs of Kerbala, a companion of the Imam [‘a.s] as Basheer, came to their mother, Umm ul-Baneen, and told her about their martyrdom. She said to him: “My sons and whoever is under the blue sky be sacrificed for al-Hussein [‘a.s].”

Qisseye Kerbala - P. 544, footnote 1,
Tanqiyh al-Miqaal - Vol. 3, p. 70, from the chapter of Nisaa’ [women].

A short introduction on the sons of Imam ‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib [‘a.s] from Umm ul-Baneen:

There has been a difference of opinion on their age. Therefore, I wish to share the following narration which can clarify their age, as well benefit and learn a lesson from it.

‘Abdallah ibn ‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib [‘a.s]:

He was born 8 years after ‘Abbas and lost his father when he was just 6.

He lived 16 years with Imam Mujtaba [‘a.s] and 25 years with Imam Hussein [‘a.s] and was martyred in the battlefield of Kerbala.

Historians have recorded:

On the day of ‘Ashoora, Hadhrat ‘Abbas called his brothers and sent them to the battlefield, one after the other, according to their age.

The first one he called was ‘Abdallah, and said to him: “O’ brother! You go first to the battlefield because you don’t have a child. I want to see you die for the sake of ‘Allah and so I can have patience in your martyrdom.”

‘Abdallah went to the battlefield and fought until a man called Haani Ibn Thabiyt attacked him and hit the sword on his head and killed him.

Absaar al-‘Ayn - P. 34.

Uthmaan ibn ‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib [‘a.s]:

He was just 4 years old when his father was killed by Ibn Muljim.

He spent 14 years with his brother, Imam al-Mujtaba [‘a.s] and 23 years with Imam al-Hussein [‘a.s] and died in Kerbala by his side.

When ‘Abdallah was martyred on the planes of Kerbala, ‘Abbas called upon Uthmaan and told him the same to which he had told ‘Abdallah, that he wants to see him die for ‘Allah and so that he can have patience over his death.

Uthmaan went to the battlefield and spoke the following: “I am Uthmaan! The master of honors! My Lord is ‘Ali, the master of pure deeds!"

After a courageous fight, Khuliy Ibn Yazid, shot an arrow and dropped him. At that point, a man from Bani Abaan killed Uthmaan ibn ‘Ali [‘a.s] and separated his head from his pure body.

Absaar al-‘Ayn - P. 34

Ja’far ibn ‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib [‘a.s]:

He was born 2 years after Uthmaan, and his father became a Martyr when he was just 2 years old. He spent 12 years with his brother Imam al-Mujtaba [‘a.s] and 21 years with Imam Hussein [‘a.s] and died in the day of ‘Ashoora in Kerbala.

Imam ‘Ali [‘a.s] named him Ja’far because of his love for his brother Ja’far.

In the day of ‘Ashoora, after that ‘Abdallah and Uthmaan were martyred, ‘Abbas called Ja’far and told him to go on the battlefield, and said: “Go and fight and become a martyr just like your brothers, upon whose death I have had patience, and now let me see you become a martyr too and have patience on your death.”

Ja’far went to the battlefield and said: “I am Ja’far, master of noble characters and generous.” He then fought until Khuliy Ibn Yazid, and according to another narration Haani Ibn Thabiyt, killed him.

Absaar al-‘Ayn - P. 35
By Muntazir
In the name of Huwa.

Salaamun 'aleykum.

I would like to share views of a brother [his name won't be mentioned] from Qom, who replied me regards the son of Imam ['a.s], Aun:
according to the research i did, there was a son of Imam Ali (AS) in Kerbala whose name was Aun, but apparently he wasnt from Ummulbaneen, i guess he was from another wife, whome they have not mentioned her name. .
'Allahu A'lam.

https://youtu.be/-3CI0FBr5ss?si=UNYS9HXtS24Gbr-P

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 7

*Dua for Day 7 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom)

Short Tafsir on Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom) - Part […]

Ramadan Daily Duas - Day 6

*Dua for Day 6 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline