Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Lessons and thoughts on The Infallibles [‘a.s]

Moderator: Muntazir

By Muntazir
The Holy Prophet (Seal of all the Prophets)

Short Details

Name: Muhammad [s.’a.w.w]
Other Names: Abul-Qasim [s.’a.w.w]
Title: Rasoolullah, al-Amin [s.’a.w.w]
Father: ‘Abdallah [‘a.s]
Mother: Aaminah bint Wahhab [‘a.s]
Wife: Khadijatul Kubra [‘a.s]
Birth: Friday at Sunrise, 12 or 17th of Rabi’ul-Awwal, 570 A.D. Year of the Elephant, during the reign of Nushirwan, the Persian King
Place: Makkah
Prophethood: 27th Rajab, 40th year of the Elephant
Period: 23 Years
Martyred: 28th Safar, 11 A.H
Cause: Poisoned
Killer: A Jewish Old Lady
Martyrdom: Madinah
Burial: In His House, Madinah
Children: 3 Sons and 4 Daughters (all died except Lady Fatimah [‘a.s])

Short History

The holy Prophet [s.’a.w.w] was born in the land of Makkah al-Muqaddasah when his father ‘Abdallah had already passed away by then. His mother, Aminah was very sick and she passed away, leaving the heart of her life in the care of ‘Abdal-Muttalib – the Prophet’s grandfather, when he was just about 6 years old.

It has been recorded that ‘Abdal-Muttalib lived for a hundred years and he passed away when the young Prophet was by the age of 8. He was then under the care of his uncle, Abu Talib [‘a.s].

The holy Prophet [s.’a.w.w] would spend much of his time in the Cave of Hira, meditating in solitude, and by the age of 40, on the 27th Rajab, Angel Jibra’il descended on him, revealing messages from God – ‘Allah [t.w.t].

The first few verses that revealed to him were:

1. اقْرَأْ بِاسْمِ رَبِّكَ الَّذِي خَلَقَ - Read! In the name of thy Lord
2. خَلَقَ الْإِنْسَانَ مِنْ عَلَقٍ - Created man, a clot of congealed blood
3. اقْرَأْ وَرَبُّكَ الْأَكْرَمُ - Proclaim! And thy Lord is Most Bountiful
4. الَّذِي عَلَّمَ بِالْقَلَمِ - He Who taught the pen
5. عَلَّمَ الْإِنْسَانَ مَا لَمْ يَعْلَمْ - Taught man that which he knew not

And the first few people to believe in his Prophethood were:

‘Ali ibn abi Talib [‘a.s] and Lady Khadijah [‘a.s].

He departed on the 28th of Safar, 11 A.H, and chose
‘Ali ibn abi Talib [‘a.s] as his Successor.

The Prophet [s.’a.w.w] said:

“I am leaving behind among you ‘two’ most valuable things: The Book of ‘Allah [s.w.’a] and my Ahlal-Bayt [‘a.s]. So long as you hold unto them fast, you will never go astray. And they will never separate from each other until they come to me, on the day of Judgment, near the fountain of ‘Kauthar’ in Heaven. So beware of how you deal with them after me.”
By abuali
صحيح الترمذي : 2 / 307 ، في مناقب الحسن و الحسين عليهما السلام ، روى بسنده عن يعلى بن مرة قال :
قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه ( و آله ) و سلم : حسين مني و أنا من حسين ، أحب الله من أحب حسيناً ، حسين سبط من الأسباط .
source: http://www.islam4u.com/khair_alkalam_show.php?rid=1121

Google translation:
Saheeh al-Tirmidhi: 2 / 307, in the virtues of Hassan and Hussein, peace be upon them, he narrated from Ali Bin once said:
The Messenger of Allah (SAWA) and Peace: Hussein is of me and I am of him, love God, love of Hasina, Hussein's tribe of the Tribes.

There seems to be some error either in the original (copy pasted online) or in the translation
By Brother in Islam
The Holy Prophet [s] advised: "When making a decision to do something, think about its outcome. If it is good for your advancement and development, follow it, but if it is misleading, leave it out...."

[Bihar-ul-Anwar, vol. 77, p. 130]
By Muntazir
In the name of al-Hakeem.

Salaamun 'aleykum akh.

The first hadith is a deeper one and needs to be pondered upon knowing it's reality into our hearts.

I mean, why did 'Allah place just one heart in us? Bless us with just one mother and father, ... In summary, whatever 'Allah has provided us with in one and not many, He has made it extra special to us.

"Allah has not made for any man two hearts in his (one) body" - al-Ahzaab: 4.

https://youtu.be/-3CI0FBr5ss?si=UNYS9HXtS24Gbr-P

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 7

*Dua for Day 7 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom)

Short Tafsir on Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom) - Part […]

Ramadan Daily Duas - Day 6

*Dua for Day 6 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline