Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Imagination is what inspires creativity. How far can you go? From poetry - for there is a poet in all of us - to literature and action thrillers. This is the place to let him loose. Please only post your ORIGINAL POETRY AND FICTION.

What do you think of the story and how realistic do you think it is?

Excellent
17%
Quite good
50%
Ok
17%
Not bad
17%
By creative
Life in 2105

I gazed around me. I was given a map of the world and on the map there was also the population of the countries. I was shocked when I looked at that map. On the key of the population there was also ‘Overflow from U.S.A.’. That must have meant that the United States had become full and had no space left. As I continued to search the map for more of the details; I realised that the only countries that had a population were the United States of America, United Kingdom, Russia and then overflow from America into Brazil and Argentina. The rest of the world had no population at all and had big dark holes in the middle of them.
I asked the man who was flying the jet I was in, “What are these holes in the middle of the countries?”
The reply that I was given was almost immediate; “Which ‘oles? Oh, those ones. They’re bombs from America that have left big ditches in the ground. Our presidents found out that they all had weapons that could kill the entire world. Only reason Russia has no ‘oles is ‘cause they ‘ave bombs too,” the pilot said as I pointed to the map; “So, where d’you wanna go?”
I thought for a while and replied, “Can you take me to a hospital?”
He shook his head. We were moving at quite a slow speed and suddenly we jerked forward. After a few seconds I realised that we were outside the police station. Next to the police station there were two transparent red tunnels through which people were coming and going. I sat in amazement as a man stood underneath the tunnel, waited, shot up and went through the tunnel.
“What is that?” I pointed
He told me it was a Transporter. They say where in America they want to go and it takes them there. Quite remarkable! I glanced back at the police station and was stunned at what I saw. There where robots coming out of the police station. These robots resembled human beings but there was one difference. They were made out of metal. Also the robots coming out of the station had a police siren on their heads that was not only shining blue and red but it was multi-coloured! So law and order was maintained by robots. But it seemed that there were not only robots, but a few humans aswell as a plump very pompous looking man walked out of the station. From the pilot I found out he was the one that had made the robots.
The next stop was the hospital as I desired to see it. I felt the same jerkiness and we were on the exterior of the hospital. For a split second I turned away from the hospital to the front of the plane and I noticed a car was coming right towards us. I averted my eyes and halted for a second. I was going to die! My eyes moved back to the front of the plane and I saw a miracle in front of my eyes. The car rose over us and didn’t touch the plane! I put my hand over my mouth. I thought I was going to die! I rotated to face the hospital and gazed at it. I could just about see through the windows and was once again shocked. There were robots that were helping to cure people but even more shocking, and that I had to squint to see, was that there were robots in the beds. I looked away and stared at the sidewalks. The whole pavement was full of people; obviously that hadn’t had homes to live in.
The last place I wanted to go to was a school. I just thought I would like to see the difference in schools and picking myself up from the floor for the third time I looked intently into the school and this time as I was so used to this I was not surprised to see that the teachers were robots and also students.
I thanked the driver and arrived at my final destination. Home!
By creative
Why is nobody answering the poll?
Come on, I thrive critisism so i can improve my writing - please say how i could improve my writing skills.
Siraj
By Yas
Siraj, sorry about the delay. A highly imaginative and original piece of writing. Great creativity! Nice realism added to it too with a touch of well written dialogue. Over all excellent conveyance through such a small piece of writing. Lemme have a wild guess, you like sci-fi? hehe. Word up man. :D
By creative
I'm not too interested in sci-fi but it just seemed like an interesting topic.
Siraj
By Aliyah
Assalamun alaykum

I feel the article was a bit too long actually I hate reading to tell you the fact but my comments on this article is that maashallah you are very imaginative and creative. Keep posting such articles.

Shukran
Aliyah

Amaal Eve 17th - (night preceeding day 17th) A ver[…]

Ramadhan Daily Duas- # 17

Dua for Day 17 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah, […]

https://youtu.be/hk2bRbbavCY?si=6Y53rBBj5rHfPNmw

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 16

*Dua for Day 16 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O Allah[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline