Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
Sheikh Razi & Sheikh Karmali will be answering your questions posted in this forum.

Moderators: Syed Kazim, Muhammad Mahdi

By Insaan
This question was asked in another post. http://ask.or.tz/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1079

I am re-posting
As-salaam Wa Alaykum,

I am following Taqleed of Ayatollah Sistani (HS) - what does HS stand for?

Are there certain things which illegitimate children are not allowed to do? I found the following at http://www.baabeilm.org/women/fiqh_sist ... eaning.asp which seems to be Sistani Rule 2497:

2497. It is recommended that the wet-nurse, whose services are obtained for a child, should be Shia Ithna-Asheri, sane, chaste, and good looking; and it is Makrooh for a wet-nurse to be a non-Shia Ithna-Asheri or ugly, ill-humoured or illegitimate. It is also Makrooh to entrust the child to a wet-nurse who has given birth to an illegitimate child.

I can understand that society needs to take special precautions in regards to illegitimate children and especially those who parent illegitimate children in order to discourage and prevent this grave sin.

In any case I have a few questions:

1) Are there any things which are haraam or makrooh for a Muslim (male or female) of illegitimate birth to do?
2) Are there any things which are haraam or makrooh for a Muslim of legitimate birth to engage in with a Muslim of illegitimate birth?
3) If the parents marry six months before a child is born is the child considered to be illegitimate? Is there a distinction between illegitimate birth and illegitimate conception?
4) Do the rulings applying to offspring of illegitimate birth also apply to offspring of illegitimate conception?

Are there are any hadiths pertaining to illegitimate children? Are Muslims of illegitimate birth more prone to go astray than other Muslims? Are there any negative effects in this world and the hereafter on Muslims due to illegitimacy?

If you can think of any other information that would shed light on this topic please include.

Khoda Hafiz,

Immy
By Sheikh Razi
1) Are there any things which are haraam or makrooh for a Muslim (male or female) of illegitimate birth to do?
illegitimate child has similar responsibilities to that of the legitimate child.
2) Are there any things which are haraam or makrooh for a Muslim of legitimate birth to engage in with a Muslim of illegitimate birth?
there are only few exceptional rules narrated in regards with dealing
with the illegitimate child , and what you mentioned is not from those
exceptional rules.
3) If the parents marry six months before a child is born is the child considered to be illegitimate? Is there a distinction between illegitimate birth and illegitimate conception?
there is no distinction, the illegitimate conception is the one which is
observed and that is the conception which is proven by the lab results to be
out of wedlock (before the marriage contract).
4) Do the rulings applying to offspring of illegitimate birth also apply to offspring of illegitimate conception?
The criteria has been mentioned in previous point.
Are there are any hadiths pertaining to illegitimate children?
Yes there are few and not many exceptional rules
Are Muslims of illegitimate birth more prone to go astray than other Muslims?
Yes most probably due to certain spiritual factors
Are there any negative effects in this world and the hereafter on Muslims due to illegitimacy?
For who the cause of illegitimacy or the child it self?!
Ramadhan Daily Duas- # 17

Dua for Day 17 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah, […]

https://youtu.be/hk2bRbbavCY?si=6Y53rBBj5rHfPNmw

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 16

*Dua for Day 16 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O Allah[…]

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 15

Dua for Day 15 | Holy Month of Ramadhan O Allah G[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline