Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
When I grow up I am going to be ...an Accountant? a Doctor? a Pharmacist? a Programmer? This is the place to tell us about your choice and the reasons for your choice, and to seek advice from others.

Moderator: Syed Kazim

By sremtulla
sa.im a form 6 leaver..i just finished it in 2007..i was a science student our results had a clash due to some political clash soo our results were bad my grades were bad that lead me not to apply to nay university withouth considering any pre university options i was dissapointed...
then instead ofwasting my time i started in a local institute business managemnt from uk ncc board..i used to detest the subjects they were just like french for me i used to just sit and wonder in class wat i was dng...
late in they year i dcd to meet some1 in our community to seek advice...
she told me to do wat i was intrested..i was intrested in nursing because i wanted to do child nursing i applied my grades first before the final application i was rejected in india in a prestigious uni...i had to repeat 1 yr of phy ..i left it and said ill cont wid wat i have..then i was like i dnt enjoy something watz the point.....
i thought of gng to iran to get sumthing spiritual but i feel all is soo confused i feel sooundecisive...
although iwork partime im never eager to do my work i detest it plz i want advice
thanx
By abuali
Alaykum Salaam

I can imagine the frustration and the confusion.

I was in a similar situation sometime ago.

Ask is testing out a helpline service. Currently it works via email/pm or phone.

Pm myself or brother Mazhar should you need to contact the counselor via phone
By sremtulla
im intersted in a lot of careers ull be surprised\
lemme list wt i wanted to dp
genetic engineering
molecular biology
biotechnology
nursing
psychology

the least i would do is business and computers,...

who are the councellors in career in this forum
thanx
By abuali
Thats good. You are already in a better stage than I was.

I didnt even know what I wanted to do, and never got down to applying for universities abroad as it was not even an option!

The counselors are volunteers who work with condition of anonymity. Some are youth volunteers and some are adults with qualifications

There is also an exercise to build references. Hence, if the counselors cannot help, they can refer you to a counselor who can help one on one.
By sremtulla
thanx hasin for very fast replies..
havent u toked to nay1 abt this post...u said mazaher will get in touch through pm wat happnd any developments
i would appreciate if u help me out
and at the moment was thinking of doing full time job as got soo stressed with studies but many nt advising to not study
wat shud i do now?coz studiz at this point is too muchh...
By abuali
You are most welcome.

I am sending you a pm with details on how the counselor can help.

This happens to all of us. Sometimes I feel like dropping everything and running away to an island and just doing nothing or doing something different.

Dont let it worry you. Inshallah, things have a way of working out for the best.
By sremtulla
i would prefer email or pm but i dnt lik the way the pm opens...
its not lik the post
i would rather if the councelllor is in touch thru email...
could i have yur email adress soo it would be more convenient
thanx
By sremtulla
hasin sorry to bother but i dnt kno how it worked now i kno..but how do u send pm msg mine doesnt work evn lets say i wanna send u i write in memeber hasin it says not accepted wat shud i do
By abuali
On the left of this space, you will see a small msn like icon with 'pm' written. If you click on it you can pm me

Likewise, you can look for any member by clicking on the 'members' link on the top right end of any page and click on their 'pm' icon to pm them.

The second method is after you write my name in the compose box, click 'Add' or 'Add [BCC]'. The message will then go.
By sremtulla
thanx hasin..now as i said i wanted the councellors can get me thru pm....ill be expecting the replies....

https://youtu.be/-3CI0FBr5ss?si=UNYS9HXtS24Gbr-P

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 7

*Dua for Day 7 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom)

Short Tafsir on Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom) - Part […]

Ramadan Daily Duas - Day 6

*Dua for Day 6 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline