Discuss & Debate | Share | Learn

www.ask.or.tz

Our Partners
When I grow up I am going to be ...an Accountant? a Doctor? a Pharmacist? a Programmer? This is the place to tell us about your choice and the reasons for your choice, and to seek advice from others.

Moderator: Syed Kazim

where is it better to study?

here in local country
25%
outside... in up countries
75%
By shaziya
salaam

i am confused as to why most people advice me to go study outside if i get a chance to. I also have come across people to who go and study outside even when the career which they want to take is available here. To me it's waste of money and time as it takes longer there and why be away from home when you have a choice to be here.

I dont plan to go and study outside for the simple reason that the carrer i want to take is available here but i am still curious as to why people want to study outside.

yes i believe you become more confident as you are alone. you also see how mean the world can be. but at the same time you waste a lot of money because the education over there is more expensive and the cost of living also.

what do you all think???

please comment.
By Sanna
hi shaziya...

it depends what u want to study?... if u want to study a field which is not available in DAR.. then its better to go and study out... and to study education is not a waste of money if u really want to study..

if your carrier is available here.. then go for here... if u feel better
thanks..

sanna
By shaziya
hi sanaa

Thanks for your advice and i agree with you. :D

i didn't mean tht goin out to study was a waste but rather goin out to study when one's career is available here afterall prophant (saw) has said that one should go even till china to gain education

well .. for me i wanna take accountin as a career n i plan to study at FTC but i ve heard that the teachers are not that good do u have any idea

anyone please advice

waitin for ur replys

thankin you once again
By Nayaab
Salaaams,
Studying abroad is not necessarily a waste of money. One, if your career isnt available in ur home country, then its a good idea to go abroad. Secondly, if u have an idea whether ure going to spend the rest of ur life somewhere abroad, its always a good idea to get somethin thats going to be recognized anywhere in the world. Maturing or not is a secondary issue and is not the aim of going abroad to study.
i say this out of personal experience. I studied in the states for a year after olevels. I went there at 17 and came back this year. Just becoming a year older has never been so drastic a change. It definitely changed me a LOT, ppl have to realize there's a whole huge world out there and not everybody's going to do things the way you do. You're not going to be successful everywhere in the world if youre successful in one place. But as i said, maturing is not the aim of studyin abroad. First, when u make the decision to go abroad n study it means that ure really serious about studying and are willing to leave the comfort of your home and face the world and use a lot of money! so if ure not totally serious about what u want to do abroad, dont go, coz then ure surely going to be wasting money.
It is also a waste of money for those who go abroad and then get influenced by other factors apart from their studies. That is entirely their fault as their parents considered them mature enough to take care of themselves alone and they did not. Id feel sorry for him/her and his/her parents. This is why the mention of "studying abroad" gives some parents such mean pictures. But they should consider the number of successful students there as well.
I personally am studying at muhimbili and it has been QUITE a change from the states but i have adapted very well, (alham). Studying in ur home country and studying abroad definitely have their own pros and cons. Depends and what ure looking for and what ure willing to do to get it. Going abroad with the sole intention of studying and achieving success at the end is definitely not a waste of money.
By the way, i know a lot of ppl at FTC and their teachers r pretty good!
Nayaab
By MuNtAzIr_uk
Salaams all.

I am a new member to the ASK family, and this is my first post :)
well, here goes...

I understood exactly what sis Shaziya is going thru, I had the same predicament. At times it seems like the whole WORLD wants you to go oversea to study, I was also under a lot of pressure.

Again, it is important to know what you want to do. Although people put good ol' TZ off, I think we have decent uni's and coll's to get an education.

I personally am an ACCA student, and I started out in Dar, at FTC. I completed more than 50% of the course there, and only came over to the UK for the final stage. I know people say FTC is no good, the teachers are no good...well, nothing is perfect.

You have to appreciate the fact that it doesn't always come down to the teachers. The courses offered by FTC are meant to be professional courses. There is only so much the teacher can do, there is a lotta hard work put in by the student. (of course, those who know me will tell you i'm the laziest guy around :wink: but i try to get at least some work done by myself)

So, particularly to sis Shaziya, if you really want to join FTC, I would tell you to go for it, whether it be ACCA or ABE. You might have heard some not-very-good things abt them, but it all comes down to the individual. If you are prepared to work hard, I'm sure you'll do well.

Lemme know if there's anything else i can help with...

Salams and duas...
By Sanna
salaamz shaziya

well shaziya.. if u really wanna do accounts then do here(DAR) .. caz FTC tutor are good as wel.. as i myself have been studyin in FTC.. And i neva got problems.. its on the student how much effort they take in studyin..
n it will be better if u go and ask abt ftc the course...

thanks
sanna
By shaziya
salaams all

thank you for ur replies which were very helpful indeed

well... i think this is a phase everyone goes through and now it is my turn. :(

i must say it is really hard to decide but at the moment i think i ll study here in dar at ftc (so will meet u sanaa) :D

and then maybe the last part of acca which they say is thee hardest part i can follow bro. muntazir_uk and complete the corse in states or somewhr whr i inshallah might get the expirience on livin on my own and see how the world is.

n i WILL not to be like ppl ... i mean blamin teachers and the likes but i WILL STUDY HARD inshallah. i hope n pray

thankin u all once again

pray for me pleaseee
By MuNtAzIr_uk
Salams.

Good to see you've managed to make up ur mind. And if you are serious abt ACCA, it can really open doors for ur future...coz no matter wat people say, they'll always need accountants 8) and there's a HUGE shortage of us, so job is pretty much guaranteed.

Now, i know you're abt to start, but some early advice... for part 3, if u do decide to come to the UK (coz its the best place for acca studies, but the worst weather in the world :( ) i would recommend joinin FTC in london. they're really good, arguably the best...but no worries, you have time to decide...

Salams and duas,
muntazir
By shaziya
salaams to you too,

muntazir are you sure that you are happy about me makin up my mind as we will be in competition :twisted:

anywayz i agree completly with you as WE accountant are very important
i am sure everyone who reads this will agree.

Thanks alot for the advice on which college at least i can know where i am heading inshallah london :D

thanking all
By Umm.aly
Salaams,
Have been following the topic so far.. i think we need to apreciate ftc here in dar, ATLEAST we have it here, so we can get some part of our studies done right here in our home country.. n they are still growing, so will take time to establish properly.. so shaziya go for it!! you may have to work harder, but since u r prepared to do that, then there will be no stopping u! 8)
I too m an ACCA student, just strting my ACCA journey with part one exams next week :( (Yikes!!), n was looking into studying prospects in England, esp FTC in London, Muntazir_UK, cud u pls provide some info bout the college, accomodation, n perhaps the financial aspects as well if you dnt mind.. have been thru their website as well as brochures, but wud appreciate a first hand opinion..
Thnks in advance :)
By Mohdkazim
Salaams,
I too am studying FTC in London with Muntazir but he is in the 3rd part and im in the 2nd,
I agree with Muntazir that you have to study hard because its a professional qualification and also about the proapects.
By Mohdkazim
SALAAMS

Regarding the FTC matter, although i was not asked to write as muntazir was asked, let me write something and if i have left something then Muntazir can Add. :) Hope he doesnt mind!!

Ftc is a premier plus college that means the highest degree of status that Acca gives to any tution provider.
They have aroung 16 colleges around the Uk, Including 3 in London when i go.
When you go through the enrolmnet form, you see that they ask for your details and on the 2nd page you find about the subjects and the fees for each subject.

They do not provide accomodation but they can find for you one around the college or it is up to you where you want to stay and with whom do you want to stay!
They have a 5 months course and 3 months, i have been taking 5 months course as then i can get enough time for revision, here also its upto you !!

As we are International Student wehave to take a minimum of 3 papers per semester.

And if you are giving part one examinations, you have an option of doing the Internally exams and not the ACCA ones and from ACCA you will get the exemptions for the subjects that you have passed.

About the Teachers, They are all excellent,
You will be given the class notes, text book, revision series, lynch pin which will be included in the fees and also the Revision classes before the exams which are excellent.

I hope i have written everything and a bit extra too, :lol:

Mohamedkazim
By shaziya
salaam all

i must thank all for the info. on ftc and the encouragemant.

well i think after hearin all of u especially for the info that the teacher are nice coz i had heard that the teacher are not that nice. i guess i should try not to believe in all that i hear. i think i m almost confirm tht i m goin to do my course at ftc

afterall whr there is a will there is a way.

thankin u once again
By Mohdkazim
Salaams
The information i wrote about the Ftc was about the Ftc that i study in , which is in London, UK.
I hope i cleared everybody,
salaams
Mohdkazim
By Syed Kazim
well, according to the poll, more people would prefer to study in up countries!

https://youtu.be/-3CI0FBr5ss?si=UNYS9HXtS24Gbr-P

Ramadan Daily Duas - # 7

*Dua for Day 7 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom)

Short Tafsir on Suratul Mulk (The Kingdom) - Part […]

Ramadan Daily Duas - Day 6

*Dua for Day 6 | Holy Month of Ramadhan* O ALLAH,[…]

Ask4help Counseling Helpline